The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
From what I can gather from Ineos reps, if your vehicle is not yet in production (or not yet "about" to enter production), then it is allegedly possible to switch dealers.

I contacted Ineos today about switching from Triad to Regal to avoid their $999 doc fee (I'm going to be flying to pick it up anyways, and I'd rather pay the extra in gas than have it go to a dealer's "not markup" markup. Then again, if Triad can explain what documentation process takes 40hrs of labor for someone making $25/hr to justify a $999 fee, then I may be willing to work with it.

With all that being said, I certainly don't have my hopes up that a switch is possible (I'm a mid 10xxx pre-order number, so I know I'm supposed to be entering production within the coming days/weeks)
Always coming through with the good info 👍

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:19 AM
Reaction score
Sounds like a passive aggressive response.. especially from someone who has made posts here stating that your exchanges with ineos had either no answers or directed you to contact the dealer.

Sorry if my question annoyed you 🤷‍♂️

Was hoping a thread that has people talking about swapping dealers would maybe have first hand information.. maybe I was naive to think this..

*insert next passive aggressive response now
It wasn’t at all being passive aggressive. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just trying to be helpful. My communication with them has been inconsistent. I’m mid 9,000 for pre-order and my portal doesn’t show me in production. Corporates response to me may be different then yours.

My apologies for the unintentional tone.

Grenadier Journals

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
It wasn’t at all being passive aggressive. Sorry if it came off that way. I was just trying to be helpful. My communication with them has been inconsistent. I’m mid 9,000 for pre-order and my portal doesn’t show me in production. Corporates response to me may be different then yours.
My apologies for the unintentional tone.
All good my instant reaction is to be defensive.. that’s why I hate text from chat 😂 Can never tell the persons tone. And yeah direct customer service with them can be iffy.. which I’m not mad about I can only imagine the growing pains ineos has.

I got my VIN from Red Nolan already and pretty much at my next stage of panic.. how bad am I going to get raped.. already considering that they charged me a $1k for for.. who knows🤷‍♂️.. that’s basically gone at this point I’m guessing. No idea what sort of tagged on dealer /processing fees there will be 😭

Last edited:

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I can gather from Ineos reps, if your vehicle is not yet in production (or not yet "about" to enter production), then it is allegedly possible to switch dealers.

I contacted Ineos today about switching from Triad to Regal to avoid their $999 doc fee (I'm going to be flying to pick it up anyways, and I'd rather pay the extra in gas than have it go to a dealer's "not markup" markup. Then again, if Triad can explain what documentation process takes 40hrs of labor for someone making $25/hr to justify a $999 fee, then I may be willing to work with it.

With all that being said, I certainly don't have my hopes up that a switch is possible (I'm a mid 10xxx pre-order number, so I know I'm supposed to be entering production within the coming days/weeks)
I’d be interested to hear what happens on your end with Triad and/or Regal. I have a bit more time with a Q1 2024 date so I’ll most likely mirror what you do because I feel the same way regarding the not markup…markup😂🤦🏻‍♂️

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ou had this problem a while back. Cleaned up my cookies and deleted history. Got back in after that. I’m not a tech guy so I don’t know if it was a coincidence or that was a real solution. Maybe someone more qualified than me can assist.

Its weird. I cleared cookies and whatever else I could think of and still not able to get in.

I even tried on a bunch of different browsers and computers, phones etc. I have tried it so many times I actually remember my password. lol

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@bmore_burnsy

Yes, as Anand said, doc will be capped at $449.

Taken from PennDot: On January 12, 2023, the maximum allowable documentary fee increased to $374 for processing title work manually and $449 for processing title work online. The documentary fee is non-taxable; may be excluded from a dealer’s advertised price for the sale of a vehicle; is a negotiable item, so the actual dollar amount may not be pre-printed on the buyer’s order; is a dealer-imposed charge, not a state-mandated fee; and must be disclosed on a sign in the dealership."

Odd that the online processing costs more, since it's quicker, easier, and less labor intensive for all involved. But, that's the government for you!

There is also a $1,600 destination (delivery) fee (as there is on all cars).

On top of those, you will pay sales tax, registration and title fees (and any other things your particular state might require). I believe that is it.

I do not have any accessories that require deal fitment but I believe there will be charges for those items as well. Well I did get the floor mats but if they attempt to charge labor on that, I'll pass and "install" myself 🤣
My how times have changed on shipping. The destination charge for a Hummer in the last year of production in 2006 was $1000.00. They could only fit 3 on a flatbed so the cost was definitely higher.

But the destination charge for a Yukon in my aread is over $1800. So the Grenadier price is a deal.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My how times have changed on shipping. The destination charge for a Hummer in the last year of production in 2006 was $1000.00. They could only fit 3 on a flatbed so the cost was definitely higher.

But the destination charge for a Yukon in my aread is over $1800. So the Grenadier price is a deal.
I agree. My initial thoughts were that it was high but then I looked around and realized it below many vehicles of similar size.

timhaney

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Went to Crown Ineos Grenadier in St. Pete, FL today for my test drive. I had participated in the offroad driving event in March but wanted to drive on the payment. Was impressed with the drive, solid (as expected) and quieter than expected with the K02s. The steering does take a bit to get use to (have to actively center on turns) but was very solid and did not wander or feel dead as some have noted.

Crown has been great to deal with. They are charging a $1,000 documentation fee but are installing accessories without charge. My pre-order number is 13,445 and was told as of now it would be a January build with March delivery. We'll see how things work out but am all in.

Local time
Reaction score
Went to Crown Ineos Grenadier in St. Pete, FL today for my test drive. I had participated in the offroad driving event in March but wanted to drive on the payment. Was impressed with the drive, solid (as expected) and quieter than expected with the K02s. The steering does take a bit to get use to (have to actively center on turns) but was very solid and did not wander or feel dead as some have noted.

Crown has been great to deal with. They are charging a $1,000 documentation fee but are installing accessories without charge. My pre-order number is 13,445 and was told as of now it would be a January build with March delivery. We'll see how things work out but am all in.
Kinda sorta interesting. My pre-order number is 13,400 but my build date is 11/20/23 with Jan. - Feb. delivery. We shall see.

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had another brief email exchange with Jason at Triad. He said they’re willing to help customers with accessory install cost. Not sure if that means no cost or just discounted.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had another brief email exchange with Jason at Triad. He said they’re willing to help customers with accessory install cost. Not sure if that means no cost or just discounted.
That’s good to hear. We went up this past Saturday to test drive. They seem to be good to work with. Hopefully they feel a little pressure with other dealers offering some incentives. Would be great to see some after sales type events similar to the LR Owners Days.

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s good to hear. We went up this past Saturday to test drive. They seem to be good to work with. Hopefully they feel a little pressure with other dealers offering some incentives. Would be great to see some after sales type events similar to the LR Owners Days.
I wasn’t shy about telling Jason what other dealers were doing.

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Los Angeles: Just received a phone call from Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena offering to schedule a test drive in one of their two demo cars. They also said that customer cars should start to arrive around Thanksgiving (23November in the U.S.).

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
Los Angeles: Just received a phone call from Rusnak Ineos Grenadier in Pasadena offering to schedule a test drive in one of their two demo cars. They also said that customer cars should start to arrive around Thanksgiving (23November in the U.S.).
On the Morning Chant?
1697593526509.png
Or maybe the Tarago?
1697593677797.png

Back
Top Bottom