The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Just got back from my test drive. Enjoyed my seat time and learned a lot about the Seattle dealership. EB automotive is part of the Gee network, who also runs the Boise dealer and Ron Tonkin (except RTGT). That was very reassuring as I thought they were an independent local dealer. No deposit required. It sounds like they will have some dealer inventory pretty fast because they keep the orders from cancelling customers. They plan to not charge markup on those inventory vehicles either which is cool.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got back from my test drive. Enjoyed my seat time and learned a lot about the Seattle dealership. EB automotive is part of the Gee network, who also runs the Boise network and Ron Tonkin (except RTGT). That was very reassuring as I thought they were an independent local dealer. No deposit required. It sounds like they will have some dealer inventory pretty fast because they keep the orders from cancelling customers. They plan to not charge markup on those inventory vehicles either which is cool.
Which one did you drive?
And being selfish, how does Magic Mushroom look in person?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which one did you drive?
And being selfish, how does Magic Mushroom look in person?
I drove the Magic Mushroom! It's nice. I have seen it before and got less pink with the overcast skies today than I did with it in the sun at Dirtfish. Apparently my other pictures are too large to upload.

Attachments

• IMG_8613.jpeg
    IMG_8613.jpeg
    291 KB · Views: 78

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Hello Grenexplorer,
Have you been in communication with Jamal? He hasn't given me a build slot but I have a VIN and a preorder 102012. There was an email from Ineos at some point with a Sept date - evidently when Ineos put me into the "Dealer" network - test drive scheduled for later this month. Able to sit in a Rt hand drive model in London during the Summer but no test drive. Yes hopefully a "Christmas" present at latest! Earlier would be much appreciated after a 2 yr wait. Are you in NC?
I’ve been talking to Jason Harrill, the GM. I’ve scoured my email and junk folders…haven’t seen any kind of timing email from Ineos. Was really surprised when the dealer called me. I’m in Virginia Beach, VA. It’s going to be fun sorting out service…but I’m all in at this point.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I was at the NY drive event it’s was overcast and rainy and the MM looked nice. It’s not a “pink” Like Barbie, but has a warm hue. Very cool and gives a desert vibe. You’ll be happy.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Please tell me I didn't order a $80k pink car!
You will like the color. It will be easiest to look brand new. Dried dirt looks like MM. It's looks like puddy in shade, beige in sun with light red undertones. The color stands out and is amazing.

Last edited:

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You will like the color. It will be easiest to look brand new. Dried dirt looks like MM. It's looks like puddy in shade, beige in sun with light red undertones. The color stands out and is amazing.

Thanks for the reassurance, I was trying to match this vibe the best I could. My dad took me all over the Big Horn mountains in one of these and then an FJ55.1697338867863.png

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Please tell me I didn't order a $80k pink car!
Haha it's very subtle and you may not even notice it. I didn't even see it today. I'm always thinking gray things are purple and brown things are reddish and it drives my wife nuts.

Attachments

• 1000005485.jpeg
    1000005485.jpeg
    245.8 KB · Views: 55

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been talking to Jason Harrill, the GM. I’ve scoured my email and junk folders…haven’t seen any kind of timing email from Ineos. Was really surprised when the dealer called me. I’m in Virginia Beach, VA. It’s going to be fun sorting out service…but I’m all in at this point.
I'm in Charlottesville. We both have over 3 hr drive. Good to know you have been talking to the GM! Jamal has both called and sent emails. I've not inquired about $$ at this point - figure in person best. Agree, all in!

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in Charlottesville. We both have over 3 hr drive. Good to know you have been talking to the GM! Jamal has both called and sent emails. I've not inquired about $$ at this point - figure in person best. Agree, all in!
I asked Jason about pricing. They’re selling for MSRP plus $1600 destination he states they just found out about from Ineos when they had dealer day. Also a $999 doc fee…

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked Jason about pricing. They’re selling for MSRP plus $1600 destination he states they just found out about from Ineos when they had dealer day. Also a $999 doc fee…
Well that a huge disappointment ... What did they find out that they could charge this and get away with it?? Thank you for that info!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well that a huge disappointment ... What did they find out that they could charge this and get away with it?? Thank you for that info!
The destination fee has always been in play, since US pricing was announced, the doc fee is unfortunate for sure.

Local time
Reaction score
About one minute after the first person waiting 4 years for their Grenny said they’d pay it.

Read the replies to various threads, there is tremendous support for gratuitous dealer charges. Makes me wonder if the person making the positive post is a dealer.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I should have added -
The destination fee has always been in play, since US pricing was announced, the doc fee is unfortunate for sure.
MTNDOG - when replying I was thinking that was a "standard" - no way to get around as it is on all vehicles. Yes the additional $1k is unfortunate for sure as the dealers have to do nothing - we've done all the work from reserving 2+ yrs ago to ordering this summer.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
About one minute after the first person waiting 4 years for their Grenny said they’d pay it.

Read the replies to various threads, there is tremendous support for gratuitous dealer charges. Makes me wonder if the person making the positive post is a dealer.
In agreement with you . All said not regretting being in the early bird queue. Wonder where things will be in 1 yr??

Local time
Reaction score

Destination fee is just a quirk of the US market. Even Tesla orders have it appended after MSRP. Its designed to average out shipping costs so that all dealers have a similar cost basis.

Back
Top Bottom