The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
Question for the Colorado group/anyone going with Red Nolan as their dealership. Are you considering going to a different dealership due to their $680 dealer and handling fee?
Maybe.
My other choices are Salt Lake City or maybe N.M.
I dunno.....

Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
Maybe.
My other choices are Salt Lake City or maybe N.M.
I dunno.....
If no identifiable value is brought with the up charges, Why accept them?
The vehicle was sold to you before there was even a dealer, what exactly are you getting for the fees?
I think the ability to Buy your car from the lowest cost dealer, is a brilliant safety valve created by Ineos.
I think if enough people posted here saying they would switch dealers to avoid junk fees, dealers would listen.

f1rst1

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
Question for the Colorado group/anyone going with Red Nolan as their dealership. Are you considering going to a different dealership due to their $680 dealer and handling fee?
I'd spend more on gas/accommodations going to any other dealer - definitely sucks but I'm keeping my order there for sure. I'm so tired of waiting and if I had to wait even longer knowing my IG is just an hour from my house in CO Springs and that I had to travel somewhere else to pick it up, I think I'd go nuts, haha

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Elliott Bay. Have a test drive tomorrow at 2!
Extended test drive, say 4 to 5 hours east on 90? Not sure when I will be able to get over there.

Last edited:

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't been able to log into my portal account for over a week. Last time that I did I had an "In Production" update.
Ou had this problem a while back. Cleaned up my cookies and deleted history. Got back in after that. I’m not a tech guy so I don’t know if it was a coincidence or that was a real solution. Maybe someone more qualified than me can assist.

Local time
Reaction score
If no identifiable value is brought with the up charges, Why accept them?
The vehicle was sold to you before there was even a dealer, what exactly are you getting for the fees?
I think the ability to Buy your car from the lowest cost dealer, is a brilliant safety valve created by Ineos.
I think if enough people posted here saying they would switch dealers to avoid junk fees, dealers would listen.
Well when I chose the dealer we didnt know who was charging what.
Im in Tucson, the closest dealer would be San Diego but CA has weird laws if I pick up the vehicle.
That leaves Salt Lake, CO, or maybe N.M.
I would like the drive from Salt lake more than from NM but I think those 2 are the closest (with CO) besides CA.
I dont know if the other 2 are charging any prep fees or whatever.
Not even sure I know how to switch dealers.

Local time
Reaction score
Im in Tucson, the closest dealer would be San Diego but CA has weird laws if I pick up the vehicle.
I would like the drive from Salt lake more than from NM but I think those 2 are the closest (with CO) besides CA.
Did you even choose your dealer?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Extended test drive, say 4 to 5 hours west on 90? Not sure when I will be able to get over there.
Haha I wish. They have 2 vehicles and they're booking 30 minute drives for now. One is Mushroom and one is Shale. Not sure which one is the trialmaster I'm booked for.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I drove it today on the whim. I will be driving it again in Boise on Thursday with my boss. I think I have her and her husband convinced to buy one. Anyways, love the steering wheel size on road. Reminded me of my go-kart days. Parking will taking some time. Since it was a daily driver, I did try parking it in a parking spot. It will take some time getting used to how to execute it in one move versus two. The drive reinforced my feeling that this is as perfect as you can get. Hands down, will be the best vehicle I ever owned. I look forward to driving it on Thursday with the first time edge worn off.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I drove it today on the whim. I will be driving it again in Boise on Thursday with my boss. I think I have her and her husband convinced to buy one. Anyways, love the steering wheel size on road. Reminded me of my go-kart days. Parking will taking sometime. Since it was a daily driver, I did try parking it in a parking spot. It will take some time getting used to how to execute it in one move versus two. The drive reinforced my feeling that this is as perfect as you can get. Hands down, will be the best vehicle I ever owned. I look forward to driving it on Thursday with the first time edge worn off.
Why would parking be difficult
Here are some examples.

1697244222387.png1697244248840.png1697244287452.png1697244313162.png

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Haha I wish. They have 2 vehicles and they're booking 30 minute drives for now. One is Mushroom and one is Shale. Not sure which one is the trialmaster I'm booked for.
Considering my order is for Magic Mushroom and I have yet to see any Grenadier in person, full report on my color choice please. And looks like I asked u to head in the wrong direction, need u to go east not west! Have fun

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Considering my order is for Magic Mushroom and I have yet to see any Grenadier in person, full report on my color choice please. And looks like I asked u to head in the wrong direction, need u to go east not west! Have fun
@MTNDOG. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20231013_143523.jpg
    20231013_143523.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231013_143410.jpg
    20231013_143410.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20231013_132808.jpg
    20231013_132808.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20231013_132827.jpg
    20231013_132827.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 51

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@evomind d I didn't ask about fees at Warner (West Valley / SLC, UT) but I'm not playing with CA laws and taxes. GM Cory was really nice when I called on dealer day. I'm not seeing anything in NM (?). That would definitely be the closest if there was one there.

SLC to Tucson is a good drive. I've done it a couple of times in both directions. Oddly enough, only on motorcycles. You can take the sure thing Interstate and overnight in Las Vegas, or take the middle route (Hwy 89) through Page and the Grand Canyon, for a more scenic journey or go more east and hit Moab (Hwy 191). 191 would be the longest travel time. Pretty scenic route, but higher elevation N of Safford. I was on 191 early one October and it was already snowing, plus it's a twisty road with cliffs / drop offs and no guard rails in many spots. May not even be open, depending on when we get our Grenadiers.

I'd imagine you'd have to call Ineos NA and ask about the dealer swapping. Not sure what impact if any, it might have on delivery dates.

grenexplorer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been jealously reading through these forums awaiting a build date on the Ineos website but hadn’t received any kind of update until last week. I have an early reservation and 10611 preorder #. Trialmaster MM with some options.

Received a call from the NC dealer last week stating a Sept build slot. Logged in to the Ineos website today and now it shows an October 2023 estimated delivery (ha, yeah right). All this and still haven’t received an official email from Ineos since I placed my preorder in June. Maybe I’ll see it by the end of the year?

jwb

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been jealously reading through these forums awaiting a build date on the Ineos website but hadn’t received any kind of update until last week. I have an early reservation and 10611 preorder #. Trialmaster MM with some options.

Received a call from the NC dealer last week stating a Sept build slot. Logged in to the Ineos website today and now it shows an October 2023 estimated delivery (ha, yeah right). All this and still haven’t received an official email from Ineos since I placed my preorder in June. Maybe I’ll see it by the end of the year?
I'm in the same pre-order ballpark (106xx) and the website now also says Oct delivery. Other than the dealer announcement, the last email I received was "sit tight". I assume that I'll have a couple more months of sitting tight.

Last edited:
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
There is no dealer in NM

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score

I am in the mid 9K preorder and it still states that only a pre-order status. Yet my dealer says it clearly shows mine should approve in late November or early December. Gotten to where I seldom look at the Ineos site any more as it is bordering on useless information now.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hello Grenexplorer,
Have you been in communication with Jamal? He hasn't given me a build slot but I have a VIN and a preorder 102012. There was an email from Ineos at some point with a Sept date - evidently when Ineos put me into the "Dealer" network - test drive scheduled for later this month. Able to sit in a Rt hand drive model in London during the Summer but no test drive. Yes hopefully a "Christmas" present at latest! Earlier would be much appreciated after a 2 yr wait. Are you in NC?

Back
Top Bottom