The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. If I may ask a couple of questions.
- Was there any discussion about honoring MSRP?
- What is the difference between an assigned VIN and a preorder?
Per Knauz just now no dealer markups will be added. I have one of the assigned VINs

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
Per Knauz just now no dealer markups will be added. I have one of the assigned VINs
That's nice, since they won't return my phone calls after I gave the answer admin my numbers and name twice, one week apart. Cool. No emails either. Great start.

Ragman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's nice, since they won't return my phone calls after I gave the answer admin my numbers and name twice, one week apart. Cool. No emails either. Great start.
I suspect they have a ton to go through and Billy is scrambling. It took them a few days to get back to me after leaving my name, number and reservation number, so I expect they prioritizing the lower numbers at this point. I concur just ring Billy.

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect they have a ton to go through and Billy is scrambling. It took them a few days to get back to me after leaving my name, number and reservation number, so I expect they prioritizing the lower numbers at this point. I concur just ring Billy.
Billy told me that Knauz has over 500 orders

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Billy told me that Knauz has over 500 orders
Yes, and 3 people dedicated to handle Ineos, both the admins told me separately.

3 people, 500 phone calls in over a week? And their sales people? Yes its possible to be completed.

Better yet, use email lol, like these other dealers have just as many orders and have already completed zoom conference calls and emailed the people on the list.

This forum is a great way to show these dealers the best practice from each other.

And it's for sure not customer calling after hearing nothing and being told to leave a name and number and then customer still follows up a week later, LMAO

Local time
Reaction score
Better yet, use email lol, like these other dealers have just as many orders and have already completed zoom conference calls and emailed the people on the list.
I'll give a shoutout to Sewell Ineos Dallas here. I got an email from them 30 minutes before I got the email from the Ineos mothership telling me my local dealer would be reaching out soon! Great start!

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'll give a shoutout to Sewell Ineos Dallas here. I got an email from them 30 minutes before I got the email from the Ineos mothership telling me my local dealer would be reaching out soon! Great start!
I called before they had a chance to reach out to me. Very nice folks. Liked them enough to order full roof rack and rear door table from them.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, and 3 people dedicated to handle Ineos, both the admins told me separately.

3 people, 500 phone calls in over a week? And their sales people? Yes its possible to be completed.

This forum is a great way to show these dealers the best practice from each other.

And it's for sure not customer calling after hearing nothing and being told to leave a name and number and then customer still follows up a week later, LMAO
Dude relax....I am sure they will get to you.....especially since you are a Q1 person. Everything is moving along nicely now for the US.

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Dude relax....I am sure they will get to you.....especially since you are a Q1 person. Everything is moving along nicely now for the US.
I'm relaxed Terry, thanks for the concern. I'm annoyed at my dealer. There are simple tools and techniques for communication. I'm jealous of the simple skills these other dealers are using effectively. Again, from the podcast, dealers and IA are reading this forum, I'm not going to wave stupid dealer actions away when there are already examples of what to do here correctly.

Dealers Should be able to do simple things when I am going to give them $74k, and they are not doing much work here lol. They can't return a phone call for 1.5 weeks for $74k?

Doesn't make me feel great for the inevitable warranty service experience, because surprise, I live 370 miles from "my" dealer and they won't have $74k revenue from my warranty work.

I'm holding this dealer to a pretty low bar here, the bar being General Motors dealers, *shivers*.

Thanks for your input dude terry.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm relaxed Terry, thanks for the concern. I'm annoyed at my dealer. There are simple tools and techniques for communication. I'm jealous of the simple skills these other dealers are using effectively. Again, from the podcast, dealers and IA are reading this forum, I'm not going to wave stupid dealer actions away when there are already examples of what to do here correctly.

Dealers Should be able to do simple things when I am going to give them $74k, and they are not doing much work here lol. They can't return a phone call for 1.5 weeks for $74k?

Doesn't make me feel great for the inevitable warranty service experience, because surprise, I live 370 miles from "my" dealer and they won't have $74k revenue from my warranty work.

I'm holding this dealer to a pretty low bar here, the bar being General Motors dealers, *shivers*.

Thanks for your input dude terry.

You should probably just wait 1-2 years to see how all this works out or buy something closer to you. Getting overworked because a dealer with over 500 orders hasn't called you back when you are not in Q1 seems like an over reaction.

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
You should probably just wait 1-2 years to see how all this works out or buy something closer to you. Getting overworked because a dealer with over 500 orders hasn't called you back when you are not in Q1 seems like an over reaction.
Again, not worked up, and I am in Q1 based on IA corporate communications to me.

But now interested in why you think it's good business to not email your customers in one mouse click? They have the info, and # of customers does not matter. Don't make excuses for professional sales people. IA emails all customers, which is more than a single dealer has. lol, again, just do like other dealers have done already. 500 people here in the dark. Not a good look for IA or their choice of dealer.

Wait one to two years because a dealer can't send an email? Don't give condescending advice Dude and don't cover for poor business practices, that's not helping anyone.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
Again, not worked up, and I am in Q1 based on IA corporate communications to me.

But now interested in why you think it's good business to not email your customers in one mouse click? They have the info, and # of customers does not matter. Don't make excuses for professional sales people. IA emails all customers, which is more than a single dealer has. lol, again, just do like other dealers have done already. 500 people here in the dark. Not a good look for IA or their choice of dealer.

Wait one to two years because a dealer can't send an email? Don't give condescending advice Dude and don't cover for poor business practices, that's not helping anyone.
Moving on now....

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Moving on now....
Go ahead, I already had, but then I was told to accept bad business practices by some one not involved, so I had to make my point clear. I'll let you all know if this dealer can learn from the better dealers you all get to experience.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Wow - you are really worked up about not getting a phone call yet....spending a lot of time whining about it to strangers online. 😢

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Wow - you are really worked up about not getting a phone call yet....spending a lot of time whining about it to strangers online. 😢
I'm on topic for the thread. I'll let the forum know when the dealer in Chicago learns to click send on an email or how to dial a phone lol. Again, based on the other dealer's actions so far, not a great start. You can stop mocking me now for sharing my dealership experience. I would actually like you to share yours so far, so we can compare how much better yours is at the topic of this thread, it will give me hope knowing there is a better way.

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not trying to poke the hornets nest, but at least you guys have a dealer to reach out to. As @DDG and others have mentioned, we are still waiting to have a dealer assigned to us while the other NA buyers get to start their research and communication process with their respective dealer. I truly believe that in this circumstance (for all NA buyers) Patience will prevail over Perseveration...

Back
Top Bottom