The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:15 AM
Reaction score
Just an observation but it was my understanding that build slots were allocated by RESERVATION date/number and that preorder number was a more or less random assignment. I know that is not how this thread has evolved but reservation dated did seem to track for those who early on got notice of build quarter.
The pre-order number (lots of preceding 0s and then a number between 9xxx-15xxx) is what you get when the order is processed. When you place the preorder (from a reservation), they assign you number that is something along the lines of 7-8 digits in length (ignoring the preceding 0s again); when they further process it, that number gets replaced with the 9xxx-15xxx number. What we can roughly deduce is that that number equates somewhere to reservation order.

Again, there are lots of numbers that we have all been assigned throughout the whole process, most of them that are not numerically significant or telling in any way; except for these latest pre-order numbers

Local time
Reaction score
FWIW 13463 and Q4 2023. And still questioning if I want to deal w/a dealer 5 hours away (assuming it's still that one, TBD yet of course).

Adding to Google sheet as well.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Alright, Google Form has been set up...

Please only complete the form if you have a build date!!!

I feel like since it's 2023 it needs to be stated, yes this form was built by me, I have no connection to the forum or Ineos, I'm not stealing or selling your information (other than pre-order number, there is no "identifiable" information, no names, email addresses, or addresses are collected).

If you want to fill it out, great, maybe we can find some trends. If you don't want to, also great. Please only fill it out once, and please try to be as accurate as possible. If I botched something, please let me know!
Entered my info on the form. Interested to see how this pans out. Thanks for setting this up.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interested to see how this pans out.
So far.... 23 responses, pre-order numbers ranging from 93xx-158xx, every color except Inky Black and Donny Grey, every contrast option (roof and frame colors), etc.

Base, Fieldmaster, and Trialmasters; with and without contrast roofs; with and without contrast chassis colors; with 17" steel and 18" alloys; Nappa leather and Saddle leather drivers pack; cloth, heated cloth, and both leather options; with and without winches; with and without racks; with and without sliders or steps; all have Q4 '23 *and* Q1 '24 build dates. Highest build date for Q4 so far is 137xx.

Thus far, no rhyme or reason really. Looking forward to more data to investigate this further!

Local time
Reaction score
So far.... 23 responses, pre-order numbers ranging from 93xx-158xx, every color except Inky Black and Donny Grey, every contrast option (roof and frame colors), etc.

Base, Fieldmaster, and Trialmasters; with and without contrast roofs; with and without contrast chassis colors; with 17" steel and 18" alloys; Nappa leather and Saddle leather drivers pack; cloth, heated cloth, and both leather options; with and without winches; with and without racks; with and without sliders or steps; all have Q4 '23 *and* Q1 '24 build dates. Highest build date for Q4 so far is 137xx.

Thus far, no rhyme or reason really. Looking forward to more data to investigate this further!
Just filled out mine order number 13537

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:15 PM
Reaction score

This...the person I spoke with at Ineos said their was rhyme and reason to how they put together the build order. But when you look at my original reservation being 5262465 back on 9/2021and then getting a build date in Q1 of 2024 despite ppl putting in reservations much later than me getting Q4. I have a theory that two things occurred. The build order was not determined once all the preorders were entered into the system. They had set allocations and as they entered the preorder that person got a slot to a similar allocation. Once the allocation was full a new allocation was created. The second is that the people who put in their preorder first got put in. I waited till mid-June because I had two outstanding questions that I wanted answered. Plus Ineos was moving my account from a dead email address to a new email address. The transfer could not be done by updating the email but a whole new account was created and my old account was merged. The delay in putting in my order leads me to think that it went first come, first serve.

I'll get mine when I get mine but I think we may not be able to figure out the build order.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
This...the person I spoke with at Ineos said their was rhyme and reason to how they put together the build order. But when you look at my original reservation being 5262465 back on 9/2021and then getting a build date in Q1 of 2024 despite ppl putting in reservations much later than me getting Q4. I have a theory that two things occurred. The build order was not determined once all the preorders were entered into the system. They had set allocations and as they entered the preorder that person got a slot to a similar allocation. Once the allocation was full a new allocation was created. The second is that the people who put in their preorder first got put in. I waited till mid-July because I had two outstanding questions that I wanted answered. Plus Ineos was moving my account from a dead email address to a new email address. The transfer could not be done by updating the email but a whole new account was created and my old account was merged. The delay in putting in my order leads me to think that it went first come, first serve.

I'll get mine when I get mine but I think we may not be able to figure out the build order.
Not sure if this helps your theory but, I reserved my car on 2/22/22 and submitted my built-order on 5/31/2023. So perhaps your theory on actually submitting your specifications early is correct since I have received a Q4 2023 build slot even though I placed my reservation after you.

I also wonder if it depends on your location. I’m in the mid-west, so perhaps that’s helps me, seeing as Ineos needs to make sure launch dealerships have customer cars, even if sales-penetration in that specific geographic location isn’t as robust as let’s say the coastal cities. Just a random thought!

Last edited:

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IF Crown in Tampa is indeed my designated dealer (makes all kinds of sense and logical for Ineos) I'm happy about it since they're a very large, multi car dealership so will have all the required resources and presents an excellent trade in destination for my Genesis GV80

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Its logical to think that they'll build all USA orders based on the date reservations were received and entered, but it's more likely that if, for example, you ordered lockers, that this option puts you into a 1st quarter 2024 build rather than a 4th quarter cycle. Parts availability and paint color groupings are probably some of the other criteria employed? I don't know this to be a fact but it's how factories typically maximize production efficiencies.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Its logical to think that they'll build all USA orders based on the date reservations were received and entered, but it's more likely that if, for example, you ordered lockers, that this option puts you into a 1st quarter 2024 build rather than a 4th quarter cycle. Parts availability and paint color groupings are probably some of the other criteria employed? I don't know this to be a fact but it's how factories typically maximize production efficiencies.
Looking over the now 28 responses to my form, both lockers and paint colors seem to have no effect between similar pre-order numbers (presumably roughly related to reservation order) and build slot. I'll give the form through the weekend to see if some more people fill it out and then I can post the results more in depth

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Looking over the now 28 responses to my form, both lockers and paint colors seem to have no effect between similar pre-order numbers (presumably roughly related to reservation order) and build slot. I'll give the form through the weekend to see if some more people fill it out and then I can post the results more in depth
I would look at odd balls, like saddle leather and even safari windows.

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:15 AM
Reaction score
I filled out the form.....it there a link to look at the responses? I didn't see anything after I submitted

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would look at odd balls, like saddle leather and even safari windows.
Both are in both groups.... I'll take a deeper dive later, but the only thing that I think I saw only on Q1 '24 deliveries were locking wheel nuts, but there weren't that many that selected that either...
I filled out the form.....it there a link to look at the responses? I didn't see anything after I submitted
I didn't have it show the response results because of the division between Base/Fieldmaster/Trialmaster (since their options are different, they go to three separate sections to minimize clicks for standard equipment)

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got my Q1 build date yesterday. This was expected. Hopefully will get it by June. No locking wheel lugs.

I did a custom build from station wagon - basically a trialmaster + fieldmaster config (best of both).

Entered my info in the survey form to help with statistics.

Reservation Date: November 19th, 2022
Pre-order Date: August 15th, 2023 (#14399)
Build Month: Q1’24

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got my Q1 build date yesterday. This was expected. Hopefully will get it by June. No locking wheel lugs.

I did a custom build from station wagon - basically a trialmaster + fieldmaster config (best of both).

Entered my info in the survey form to help with statistics.

Reservation Date: November 19th, 2022
Pre-order Date: August 15th, 2023 (#14399)
Build Month: Q1’24
Hi Asnes, My dates are super close to yours.
Reservation Date: November 22, 2022
Pre-Order Date: August 15th, 2023 (#14406)
Build Month: Q1/2024
Mine is an all Shale Blue Trail Master with almost every option checked.

arakeghedzig

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like I have the latest one - and I was late to the game
Reservation Date: None
Pre-Order Date: May 30, 2023 (but says August 16 on site)
Build Month: Q2/2024 (email only, not listed on website)
Inky Black with minimal options.

Back
Top Bottom