The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas ANY WORD YET? (the NA build date and dealer announcement thread)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:16 AM
Reaction score
Something is seriously glitching with their website today. I have a second preorder that was put in this morning. I never ordered another car. My older one is still in there. So I have 2 preorders for some odd reason. can someone else check too?
I really wouldn't worry about it if a second one pops up, we all know their website is a little "meh" at best. If you really have a quandary about it, make sure you call/contact them directly

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
Just received this email:

Great news. We’ve scheduled your Grenadier build. Additional details can be found here, so you can stay informed on its progress.

Production details:

• Pre-order number: 15381
• Estimated build window: Quarter 1 2024

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Other forums track builds and deliveries via spreadsheet. I'm more than willing to try and set one up that the forum would have access to if anyone is interested. I have 0 skills when it comes to this kind of thing.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:16 AM
Reaction score
I got an email in the first round they sent out. Don't think I posted it.

Reservation date: 10/9/21

Hi John,

Great news. We’ve scheduled your Grenadier build. All the details can be found here, so you can keep tabs on its progress.

Production details:

• Pre-order number: 10293
• Estimated build window: Q4 2023

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got mine as well. 13986 in Q4/23. 🤷‍♂️
So it looks like right around 14000 it switches to Q1/24.....I'm 14249 so that could be a January build if they stay on schedule.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Other forums track builds and deliveries via spreadsheet. I'm more than willing to try and set one up that the forum would have access to if anyone is interested. I have 0 skills when it comes to this kind of thing.
I started working on a Google Forms, as to properly track orders based on options is a bit intensive, I hadn't finished it... I guess with this latest round of dates, I'll jump back on it

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I started working on a Google Forms, as to properly track orders based on options is a bit intensive, I hadn't finished it... I guess with this latest round of dates, I'll jump back on it
Sounds good, let me know if I can help

Local time
Reaction score
Well how about that?! I got a pre-order number and a build date of 1Q24. And I requested and got a refund on my deposit in July when I bought another vehicle. So maybe I'm still in?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
So it looks like right around 14000 it switches to Q1/24.....I'm 14249 so that could be a January build if they stay on schedule.
Quarters have 3 months.
Based on past history Q4 2023 will be 31st December and Q1 2024 will be 32nd of March.
Then add batch & hold, sitting at the dock, shipping and PDI.
My build was planned for Q1 2023 and it should get here Q4 2023.

Local time
Reaction score
Quarters have 3 months.
Based on past history Q4 2023 will be 31st December and Q1 2024 will be 32nd of March.
I bet you are correct, with Porsche, after your build slot is issued to you, you are looking at 2 months at best before your car is in your garage. So us Q4 2023 Ineos delivery guys, probably won’t get in our cars until 1/1/2024.

A great way to start of a new year if you ask me!!!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bet you are correct, with Porsche, after your build slot is issued to you, you are looking at 2 months at best before your car is in your garage. So us Q4 2023 Ineos delivery guys, probably won’t get in our cars until 1/1/2024.

A great way to start of a new year if you ask me!!!
Don't get build date and delivery date mixed up.
It takes 4-6 weeks to build the vehicle

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Quarters have 3 months.
I can see the transport & logistics eating up a lot of time. Honestly, as long as I have a target build date, and the factory is churning them out, I'm good.

Local time
Reaction score
Don't get build date and delivery date mixed up.
It takes 4-6 weeks to build the vehicle
Oh wow that is really long. I see your unit is already in production / transit. Care to share your experience so far?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Alright, Google Form has been set up...

Please only complete the form if you have a build date!!!

I feel like since it's 2023 it needs to be stated, yes this form was built by me, I have no connection to the forum or Ineos, I'm not stealing or selling your information (other than pre-order number, there is no "identifiable" information, no names, email addresses, or addresses are collected).

If you want to fill it out, great, maybe we can find some trends. If you don't want to, also great. Please only fill it out once, and please try to be as accurate as possible. If I botched something, please let me know!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh wow that is really long. I see your unit is already in production / transit. Care to share your experience so far?
I first heard about Grenadier in February 2022
Placed reservation in March 2022
Placed order and deposit in July 2022
Was advised likely delivery July/August 2023
Was told my vehicle was built in January 2023 and awaiting shipping but appears it went into batch and hold and didn't come out. (This is doubtful)
Received Contract in April 2023
Went into production late May 2023
Was advised it was at the dock in Europe awaiting vessel allocation in July 2023
August 2023 was advised it was on RoRO Vessel Traviata due to arrive in Brisbane port early September 2023 and to allow 2-4 weeks for clearing port, fitting accessories and PDI.
As of yesterday the vessel was off the southern coast of Australia and potentially docking in Brisbane late September
Handover now more likely to be October 2023.
So based on the original delivery estimate of July/August 2023 and the new estimate of late September/early October 2023 then they are not too far off and probably impacted by things outside their control. Such as Australian ports.

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quarters have 3 months.

Yes - I said build not delivery

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Alright, Google Form has been set up...

Please only complete the form if you have a build date!!!

I feel like since it's 2023 it needs to be stated, yes this form was built by me, I have no connection to the forum or Ineos, I'm not stealing or selling your information (other than pre-order number, there is no "identifiable" information, no names, email addresses, or addresses are collected).

If you want to fill it out, great, maybe we can find some trends. If you don't want to, also great. Please only fill it out once, and please try to be as accurate as possible. If I botched something, please let me know!
Done.

TXJOHN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just an observation but it was my understanding that build slots were allocated by RESERVATION date/number and that preorder number was a more or less random assignment. I know that is not how this thread has evolved but reservation dated did seem to track for those who early on got notice of build quarter.

Local time
Reaction score
Well how about that?! I got a pre-order number and a build date of 1Q24. And I requested and got a refund on my deposit in July when I bought another vehicle. So maybe I'm still in?
Same here, and several on the FB IG "owners" group are in the same boat. I think they cancelled the "reservation", but if you'd already pre-ordered, they left those in the system. I had recently been thinking about ordering again, then this popped up yesterday! I have some changes I want to make to the order before its built so I guess I'll wait for the dealer to contact me in September? This is very strange, but now I find myself hoping its true. I may not end up buying it, but would love to see it and have the first chance at it. (as you can tell I've been on the fence, the price is the biggest deterent for me, I can't get a build I want for under $84K, and I really wanted to be under $75K)

Back
Top Bottom