The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Almost got rear ended at the car wash, so how do you get out of car wash mode?

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
I read the manual, yes I am a man, honestly and not a man bag wearing, metrosexual, top knot hair style type. 😜
I was confused by the car wash instructions and why they weren't described as recovery instructions. Why do I need to go through this procedure just to jet wash all the crud off??

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 AM
Reaction score
Yes Western NY is where I am. I’ve never shut off engine in any other car. I’m a manual reader (aka nerd) and the Gren manual says the vehicle will shift itself into park if it rolls in neutral as a “safety feature” to keep people from shifting to neutral, getting out, and getting run over by their own unoccupied vehicle. Hence “car wash mode”.
I think the manual may actually be wrong. The car goes into park with the door opening, it does not from rolling in neutral.

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
I tried 'Car Wash Mode' yesterday while sitting in a parking lot.. I found it annoying. Today I went through the car wash, engine on, in neutral. No problems. Although, I found that the automatic car wash did a crap job of cleaning the IG. I don't know if its the shape of the vehicle but it just seemed to do a poor job. Time to cancel my unlimited wash plan and find a hand car wash.

Back
Top Bottom