The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:17 AM
Reaction score
I noticed similar - ADAS incorrectly displaying 25mph speed limit. I had the sound turned off but could still see the ADAS limit displayed. I wondered how bad it would have chirped if I had the sound on?!

Donnygrey - I’m in Frenchtown, where are you?

Somerset County - Warren

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Somerset County - Warren

I noticed similar - ADAS incorrectly displaying 25mph speed limit. I had the sound turned off but could still see the ADAS limit displayed. I wondered how bad it would have chirped if I had the sound on?!

Donnygrey - I’m in Frenchtown, where are you?

Darn I drove to Branchburg yesterday and I wasn't even spotted. :(

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Darn I drove to Branchburg yesterday and I wasn't even spotted. :(
To be honest, I have not been driving my Gren due to work commitments and using my truck. Salty roads has a little to do with it, but I did go off-road around my property and the neighboring farm fields just to set some tracks for Fat Biking. You know, built for purpose!

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be honest, I have not been driving my Gren due to work commitments and using my truck. Salty roads has a little to do with it, but I did go off-road around my property and the neighboring farm fields just to set some tracks for Fat Biking. You know, built for purpose!

Just got mine last week and with work it’s been sporadic at best.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the demo models that I test drove did not have these features installed so I have yet to experience them. I personally cannot stand nanny features, and even features such as the auto start / shutoff while at idle at lights drives me mad. So needless to say the comments regarding the ADAS are a bit concerning to my mental health for a vehicle of such price. With all of the complaints regarding this, I am surprised there isn't anyone really discussing it on YouTube videos. Could someone post a video clearly highlighting all of these annoying features which cause clicks, beeps, or chimes?

I am afraid I will be learning about all of these after signing away on the dotted line.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am afraid I will be learning about all of these after signing away on the dotted line.
I was afraid of that too. When my vehicle came in I told the dealer I wanted to test drive it with all the features on before they showed me the favorite and how to turn it off.

It was a non-issue for me. Yes it clicked a few times, and can certainly be improved upon with a permanent off switch, but it wasn’t changing my opinion about the vehicle.

Local time
8:17 AM
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the demo models that I test drove did not have these features installed so I have yet to experience them. I personally cannot stand nanny features, and even features such as the auto start / shutoff while at idle at lights drives me mad. So needless to say the comments regarding the ADAS are a bit concerning to my mental health for a vehicle of such price. With all of the complaints regarding this, I am surprised there isn't anyone really discussing it on YouTube videos. Could someone post a video clearly highlighting all of these annoying features which cause clicks, beeps, or chimes?

You can hear the clicking of the speeding alert (part of ADAS) in the video below. Go to 20:20 in the video to watch the relevant part. The whole video is quite good, but the ADAS experience begins at 20 minutes, 20 seconds into the video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RarHLicvfWM

Last edited:

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Here ya go👍 click 4 times once you go over 1-2mph… will stop clicking if you start to slow down. To be honest I can’t remember (even after 1200 miles) if it clicks if you keep pushing it lol… I usually turn off the warning after I here the first batch of clicks.
For anyone looking for a simpler video if you dont want to sort through the trail recon video, Heres the ADAS clicking. I posted this back on page 15-16 of this thread, but here it is again. Its a short clip but exactly what happens. Cheers

Attachments

• 7817992-78790095a033e91dd8975d7dffcea974.mov
    3.9 MB

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
You can hear the clicking of the speeding alert (part of ADAS) in the video below. Go to 20:20 in the video to watch the relevant part. The whole video is quite good, but the ADAS experience begins at 20 minutes, 20 seconds into the video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RarHLicvfWM
Yeah, that is pretty obnoxious. Especially when travelling down a dirt road with no posted speed limit. Does it just assume that the speed is 55 MPH when no sign is available? I do a lot of off-road overland travel so would find it pretty obnoxious to have my truck screaming at me when it feels I am going too fast down a dirt road. LOL.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, that is pretty obnoxious. Especially when travelling down a dirt road with no posted speed limit. Does it just assume that the speed is 55 MPH when no sign is available? I do a lot of off-road overland travel so would find it pretty obnoxious to have my truck screaming at me when it feels I am going too fast down a dirt road. LOL.
So then just spend <5 seconds and turn the system off :)

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For me, the most amusing thing of the whole system is the lane departure warning. The display shows dashed lines on either side of the posted speed limit sign. If you are in the lane, the left and right dashed lines will be green. Cross over a line and that line will turn orange. Mine makes zero sounds when I do this. Spend more than 2 or 3 seconds over the line and both lines will just go grey and stay that way, which is the same result for when there is no line, or poorly marked, or transitional areas, intersections, etc.
So, basically the system will throw it's hands up and says you're on your own. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
So then just spend <5 seconds and turn the system off :)
Or, better yet, get a software fix so one does not have to waste their damn time every day. 6,000 car owners doing your alleged 5 second fix (big assumption here for all 6,000 rigs) adds up to lots of lost time and untold annoyance. Try turning that mfer off on a winding twisting Arkansas or Missouri road. Yeah, no problems in Kansas Toto!

Maybe a poll is needed however, my bet is majority would like the ADAS booted.

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm learning to love the "clicking" as folks point out that all you have to do each time is a few steps to make it stop. What about this one ... anyone know why it's happy with tire pressure on right side and not left side? Crown in the road and needs more pressure on one side, wow this thing is brilliant?Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 7.32.33 AM.png

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm learning to love the "clicking" as folks point out that all you have to do each time is a few steps to make it stop. What about this one ... anyone know why it's happy with tire pressure on right side and not left side? Crown in the road and needs more pressure on one side, wow this thing is brilliant?View attachment 7841110
And before someone says it 1/2 psi off ... another pic. Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 7.42.18 AM.png

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The gremlins decided to sleep on that side of the truck last night and threw everything off.

Did it stay like the whole time?

Back
Top Bottom