The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
Looking to you getting your Grenadier, so you have an ‘experiences.’😀
For what it's worth, I've been a VW/Audi person since prior to getting my license, so I'm used to quirks and oddities.

I'm also confident in how to turn off the parking sensors. But to your point, I am rather looking forward to getting my Grenadier, compared to the last 18 I spent 3 months driving, at least the position of the seat won't be changed every time I jump in.
My guess this has more to do with the UKs insane obsession over speed.
If I'm not mistaken, the ADAS requirement is primarily EU, not UK
ADAS is very frustrating and I have had the vehicle for only 4 days and raised a colic baby.!
Frustrating as in the alerts are frustrating, or the several presses are frustrating to turn the system off?

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Plan A: INEOS firmware update allowing select annoyances to be disabled permanently. 🙏
Plan B: Aftermarket OBD II dongle to inject messages which turns off annoyances upon startup. $🤷‍♂️
Plan C: Homer Simpson automaton to navigate the touchscreen "favourites" when you turn the key. :ROFLMAO:

AnSME7.gif

Last edited:

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I completely understand this position. However, there was a time seat belts, airbags, laminated safety glass and energy absorbing designs (frames, bumpers, interior structure) were also considered to be over reach. They violated personal liberty, increased purchase costs and reduced aesthetics. Few would now argue that these items do not increase safety in a very meaningful way. The question becomes when do additional safety features cross into regulatory over reach. This is a very fuzzy line that is constantly moving.
Just wait until autonomous driving reaches its full potential, maybe in 10 years at which time governments and insurance companies will say it’s too risky to allow you to drive your own vehicle. Don’t think that’s coming? Wait!

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well. Using the "favorite" approach, two-click action to disable ADAS warnings makes it a complete non-issue to me.
If INEOS comes up with a software update with a permanent kill, fantastic; otherwise, I'll live with it just fine.

Ditto. Halfway to work this morning I didn't hear anything. I totally forgot that I had turned it off already.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Like many of you, the dealer set up our FAV button to turn off the speed assist. This process according to what they showed me is a three button process as many of you know. Press FAV, turn off speed limit info, confirm with yes, yellow light goes on indicating camera is off. I was curious though to try something new. This May all seem stupid or super simple but figure it may help someone.
First I had to decide what was bothering me. The clicking sucks yes, but the yellow light on right in the middle of my dash was equally as annoying. That reminder that something “isn’t right.” So this is a simple hack just to try something new. What didn’t bother me is the little speed limit symbol by the speedometer. Who cares about that. It’s actually quite handy when accurate. So instead of turning off the “speed limit info” do this:

Still hit your FAV button if it was programmed by your dealer. When you get to that screen, just turn off the “Over Speed Warning” instead. This gets rid of the clicking, no yellow light on dash, and everything works as it should. Plus my AEB doesn’t go on and off anymore either sporadically.
Just figured I would share. I’m sure others have figured this out, but can’t hurt to repost again. Cheers

Attachments

• 0F2ED077-2EA9-4DA4-8FDF-6A0910AFE36E.jpeg
    0F2ED077-2EA9-4DA4-8FDF-6A0910AFE36E.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • BC82FD4A-4EF5-4C9A-B4B7-8CAAE749CFE0.jpeg
    BC82FD4A-4EF5-4C9A-B4B7-8CAAE749CFE0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • E9ACDB62-F433-4B70-83A1-D42E10AAF6FE.jpeg
    E9ACDB62-F433-4B70-83A1-D42E10AAF6FE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So instead of turning off the “speed limit info” do this:

Still hit your FAV button if it was programmed by your dealer. When you get to that screen, just turn off the “Over Speed Warning” instead. This gets rid of the clicking, no yellow light on dash, and everything works as it should. Plus my AEB doesn’t go on and off anymore either sporadically.
This is exactly how my dealer suggested.
(y)

CJV

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a USA Only Issue and Specific to the ADAS System in the 2024 Model. Feel free to skip the Background editorial and go to the Solution!

Background

I was lucky enough to have an early delivery and picked my Grenadier up on Nov 27th. Scottish White (Love it!), Leather, 17” Alloys, BFG K02s, Rock Sliders, +++. What follows is not about the very long list of things I love about the Grenadier, it’s about one factory configuration Issue that makes me (almost) hate it.

This issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is part of the newly released 2024 ADAS System includes Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, Over Speed Alert, and a few other things, are ON by default and must be turned OFF deep in the Display Menu ‘every time’ you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning Beeps, Clicks and Chimes are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for Intelligent Speed Assist starts when you hit the stated speed limit in most cases. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital.

As a Public Service Announcement (PSA), I would encourage you to drive it when you go to pick it up.

When I say down deep in the Menu, this is the actual process to turn OFF the Over Speed Alert (Note: My Car starts up in Carplay Mode):

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > CarPlay

That is 10 Menu Clicks. Every time you restart the car if you want to turn off Lane Departure, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert.

For those thinking, ‘This is no big deal, you shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit anyway ….’ Hear me know, believe me later. It is MADDENING. I mainly drive in town, and don’t drive excessively over the speed limit under any circumstances. I’d say speed limit or speed limit +5 MPH, Max. Having alerts going off when you hit the stated speed limit and after, is just wrong in my opinion.

Here is a real-world scenario: You're driving in a 40 MPH Zone .... 39 MPH to 41 MPH. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK Back down to 40 MPH .... hit 42MPH CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Back down to 40 MPH. Speed up to pass a car. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Repeat this scenario on your daily commute. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK, that's a sound you'll be hearing in your sleep!

I am hoping for a Software Update. However, it says in the Manual that these features can be changed (As described above), but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual.

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Note 1: If you Unselect ‘Speed Limit Info’ you will have a persistent Orange Icon on the Telltale Display (That’s the name of the small screen in front of the Steering Wheel).
Note 2: You still need to do this every time you start the Vehicle but its way better than the 10 Step approach.

I tried a few other things, including Wade Mode which disables many of these systems, and the Deactivate all ADAS Systems. The issue with both of these options is that they light up the Telltale Display like a Christmas Tree.

Again, I am not posting this because I hate my Grenadier, I love it. I just 100% hate the fact that this feature/lack thereof impacts the driving experience for me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

The first video is configuring the Favorite Button and the second is Start Up / Deactivation.
After three weeks of driving my Trialmaster, I have developed a muscle memory to disable the ISA functions via the Favorites button such that I could do it blindfolded. While I hope for a programming fix to obviate the need for this pre-drive ritual, it doesn’t detract from my overall experience – yet. Am enjoying the ride, idiosyncrasies and all, especially with the snow we have had here in Pennsylvania over the last two weeks.

Local time
Reaction score
After three weeks of driving my Trialmaster, I have developed a muscle memory to disable the ISA functions via the Favorites button such that I could do it blindfolded. While I hope for a programming fix to obviate the need for this pre-drive ritual, it doesn’t detract from my overall experience – yet. Am enjoying the ride, idiosyncrasies and all, especially with the snow we have had here in Pennsylvania over the last two weeks.
Like a pre flight check!

Maverick

Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
I picked mine up on the 19th of December.

God bless the poor fella responsible for preparing this product for the U.S. market. That individual clearly is not American. How could they be? I challenge Ineos to find 5% of their U.S. deliveries that would compliment the ADAS nannies.

Ineos promised a no-nonsense vehicle and instead gave us this silly safety system that provides nothing but annoyance to Americans. How could you not see that people would want this permanantly disabled. Why didn't you, instead, give us a rearview mirror camera to provide us one ounce of rear visibility. That rearview mirror we get could be the most useless solution ever provided to an automobile. We wanted simplicity. Just like you promised.

I like this vehicle alot, but for all its functional robustness, I see so much German stubborness in the engineering. Two dinky cup holders. You think a latte is a distraction? How about all the stupid warnings and assists from the stupid ADAS setup. That crap will make you wreck, not a few cup holders for the back seat.

When they studied human behavior regarding autonomous assist levels 1 to 5, researchers discovered something important. Humans are really bad at sharing driving responsibilities with the vehicle. They're either completely in control or not really. All these nannies do not make us better drivers. They make us concentrate less. A self driving car with level 2, 3 or 4 level autonomy can't really exist. It's either 1 or 5. 2, 3 or 4 will get people killed.

Germans consistently provide the least intuitive, most overly complicated solutions. You'd have to threaten their lives to keep a solution simple and elegant..... alright, I'll lay off the Germans. I'm married to one.

We need a remembered Opt Out that completely disables the system. If this doesn't happen. We should be intentional about communicating this idiocy to every venue of social media possible. This set of features should never, ever be "Built on Purpose."

Local time
8:26 AM
Reaction score
I picked mine up on the 19th of December.

God bless the poor fella responsible for preparing this product for the U.S. market. That individual clearly is not American. How could they be? I challenge Ineos to find 5% of their U.S. deliveries that would compliment the ADAS nannies.

Ineos promised a no-nonsense vehicle and instead gave us this silly safety system that provides nothing but annoyance to Americans. How could you not see that people would want this permanantly disabled. Why didn't you, instead, give us a rearview mirror camera to provide us one ounce of rear visibility. That rearview mirror we get could be the most useless solution ever provided to an automobile. We wanted simplicity. Just like you promised.

I like this vehicle alot, but for all its functional robustness, I see so much German stubborness in the engineering. Two dinky cup holders. You think a latte is a distraction? How about all the stupid warnings and assists from the stupid ADAS setup. That crap will make you wreck, not a few cup holders for the back seat.

When they studied human behavior regarding autonomous assist levels 1 to 5, researchers discovered something important. Humans are really bad at sharing driving responsibilities with the vehicle. They're either completely in control or not really. All these nannies do not make us better drivers. They make us concentrate less. A self driving car with level 2, 3 or 4 level autonomy can't really exist. It's either 1 or 5. 2, 3 or 4 will get people killed.

Germans consistently provide the least intuitive, most overly complicated solutions. You'd have to threaten their lives to keep a solution simple and elegant..... alright, I'll lay off the Germans. I'm married to one.

We need a remembered Opt Out that completely disables the system. If this doesn't happen. We should be intentional about communicating this idiocy to every venue of social media possible. This set of features should never, ever be "Built on Purpose."
I'm not a fan of national stereotypes; they don't typically result in anything positive. But otherwise, I agree with your criticism of the ADAS nannies.

It would have been great if Ineos had rewarded early hand-raisers in North America - people who were drawn in by the promise of simplicity and minimal electronics - with a vehicle free of ADAS. The 2023 model vehicles sold in Europe, the Middle East, and Australia did not come with ADAS - nor should the 2024 model year sold in the U.S. Maybe there are other differences between the American versions and the rest of the world that would have complicated a "two-phase" rollout of American Grenadiers (i.e. a pre and post ADAS version), but Federal law mandating ADAS does not require 2024 vehicles to be so equipped. At this point, we are stuck with ADAS, so the best way forward is to pressure Ineos for a software solution that gives the owner control over how the system functions.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of national stereotypes; they don't typically result in anything positive. But otherwise, I agree with your criticism of the ADAS nannies.

It would have been great if Ineos had rewarded early hand-raisers in North America - people who were drawn in by the promise of simplicity and minimal electronics - with a vehicle free of ADAS. The 2023 model vehicles sold in Europe, the Middle East, and Australia did not come with ADAS - nor should the 2024 model year sold in the U.S. Maybe there are other differences between the American versions and the rest of the world that would have complicated a "two-phase" rollout of American Grenadiers (i.e. a pre and post ADAS version), but Federal law mandating ADAS does not require 2024 vehicles to be so equipped. At this point, we are stuck with ADAS, so the best way forward is to pressure Ineos for a software solution that gives the owner control over how the system functions.
An old school analogish truck would have been nice.

donnygreygrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After a few days of driving the ADAS is showing its defects. Driving on Rt. 22 (in NJ) with speed limits at 55mph the system repeatedly reverted to 25mph after reading and recording 55mph. Began to wonder if it was reading the 22 (for the highway). This also occurred on side streets - defaulting to 25mph even when it was posted at 35mph. Furthermore, the clicking is inconsistent from going over and then under the speed limit - each time leading to a momentary check of the speed. With so many audio “warnings” how can Ineos argue that these are not themselves distracting and thus dangerous? A simpler solution would have been a heads up display with a simple change of color when exceeding speed limit.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
After a few days of driving the ADAS is showing its defects. Driving on Rt. 22 (in NJ) with speed limits at 55mph the system repeatedly reverted to 25mph after reading and recording 55mph. Began to wonder if it was reading the 22 (for the highway). This also occurred on side streets - defaulting to 25mph even when it was posted at 35mph. Furthermore, the clicking is inconsistent from going over and then under the speed limit - each time leading to a momentary check of the speed. With so many audio “warnings” how can Ineos argue that these are not themselves distracting and thus dangerous? A simpler solution would have been a heads up display with a simple change of color when exceeding speed limit.
I noticed similar - ADAS incorrectly displaying 25mph speed limit. I had the sound turned off but could still see the ADAS limit displayed. I wondered how bad it would have chirped if I had the sound on?!

Donnygrey - I’m in Frenchtown, where are you?

Back
Top Bottom