The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
The gremlins decided to sleep on that side of the truck last night and threw everything off.

Did it stay like the whole time?
Yes. Probably still like that. I'm heading out in a bit and will check today and update. All kidding aside, I do love the vehicle in every aspect other than the electronics that seem to be purposely intrusive and basically malfunctioning constantly. (And before I get corrected, the "click" is not malfunction as it was designed that way to aggravate operators as a bonus with purchase. I'm talking about the "gremlins" with the tire pressure communication, misc warning lights on and off, front parking sensor going off for no reason almost every time you come to a stop, manual door tumbler not working at all to let you in door.) But, it climbs hills like a mountain goat and plows trough mud, etc like a champ. Just wish I could back up time and buy a 2023, probably would not even belong to the forum then, would just be exploring and enjoying my simple strong component 4x4.

Pittsaero

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes. Probably still like that. I'm heading out in a bit and will check today and update. All kidding aside, I do love the vehicle in every aspect other than the electronics that seem to be purposely intrusive and basically malfunctioning constantly. (And before I get corrected, the "click" is not malfunction as it was designed that way to aggravate operators as a bonus with purchase. I'm talking about the "gremlins" with the tire pressure communication, misc warning lights on and off, front parking sensor going off for no reason almost every time you come to a stop, manual door tumbler not working at all to let you in door.) But, it climbs hills like a mountain goat and plows trough mud, etc like a champ. Just wish I could back up time and buy a 2023, probably would not even belong to the forum then, would just be exploring and enjoying my simple strong component 4x4.
You can reset your base tire settings in the screen for the tires. Mine was set too high and went off when I lowered pressure to where I wanted. They were too high when I picked mine up. After reset to my settings it hasn’t gone off again.

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
You can reset your base tire settings in the screen for the tires. Mine was set too high and went off when I lowered pressure to where I wanted. They were too high when I picked mine up. After reset to my settings it hasn’t gone off again.
I will have to try that today and see if that makes a difference. Yesterday they were "happy" at lower psi and all green. Screen Shot 2024-01-26 at 7.29.48 AM.png

Mike AB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a USA Only Issue and Specific to the ADAS System in the 2024 Model. Feel free to skip the Background editorial and go to the Solution!

Background

I was lucky enough to have an early delivery and picked my Grenadier up on Nov 27th. Scottish White (Love it!), Leather, 17” Alloys, BFG K02s, Rock Sliders, +++. What follows is not about the very long list of things I love about the Grenadier, it’s about one factory configuration Issue that makes me (almost) hate it.

This issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is part of the newly released 2024 ADAS System includes Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, Over Speed Alert, and a few other things, are ON by default and must be turned OFF deep in the Display Menu ‘every time’ you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning Beeps, Clicks and Chimes are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for Intelligent Speed Assist starts when you hit the stated speed limit in most cases. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital.

As a Public Service Announcement (PSA), I would encourage you to drive it when you go to pick it up.

When I say down deep in the Menu, this is the actual process to turn OFF the Over Speed Alert (Note: My Car starts up in Carplay Mode):

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > CarPlay

That is 10 Menu Clicks. Every time you restart the car if you want to turn off Lane Departure, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert.

For those thinking, ‘This is no big deal, you shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit anyway ….’ Hear me know, believe me later. It is MADDENING. I mainly drive in town, and don’t drive excessively over the speed limit under any circumstances. I’d say speed limit or speed limit +5 MPH, Max. Having alerts going off when you hit the stated speed limit and after, is just wrong in my opinion.

Here is a real-world scenario: You're driving in a 40 MPH Zone .... 39 MPH to 41 MPH. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK Back down to 40 MPH .... hit 42MPH CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Back down to 40 MPH. Speed up to pass a car. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Repeat this scenario on your daily commute. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK, that's a sound you'll be hearing in your sleep!

I am hoping for a Software Update. However, it says in the Manual that these features can be changed (As described above), but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual.

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Note 1: If you Unselect ‘Speed Limit Info’ you will have a persistent Orange Icon on the Telltale Display (That’s the name of the small screen in front of the Steering Wheel).
Note 2: You still need to do this every time you start the Vehicle but its way better than the 10 Step approach.

I tried a few other things, including Wade Mode which disables many of these systems, and the Deactivate all ADAS Systems. The issue with both of these options is that they light up the Telltale Display like a Christmas Tree.

Again, I am not posting this because I hate my Grenadier, I love it. I just 100% hate the fact that this feature/lack thereof impacts the driving experience for me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

The first video is configuring the Favorite Button and the second is Start Up / Deactivation.
Thank You!!!

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score

For once, something electronic they thought through it seems. Not sure what other vehicles have that ability. Most require purchasing something to re-program the system completely. The ability to set it yourself is pretty awesome. Would be nice if off road mode turned it off totally as well.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Every so often, I'd disable the Over Speed Alert and still get single click alerts.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The single clicks are associated with the lane departure from what I have seen on mine.
On my Grenny, lane departure warnings come in the form of a hum/chime. Speaking of lane departure, this happened today... The sun was shining at just the right angle that the overhead electricity cables cast line shadows on the road for a couple of miles. Lane departure warnings galore!

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So crazy. I honestly get zero audible warnings on my lane departure. Just green to orange on the display and then within 2 seconds, both sides go grey and stay that way until I get back between the lines.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Speaking of lane departure, this happened today... The sun was shining at just the right angle that the overhead electricity cables cast line shadows on the road for a couple of miles. Lane departure warnings galore!
I may have similar experiences. I have heard the lane departure chime but the display did not show yellow or green lines. Almost like it may chime when it detect, or lines first appear or re-appear?

I do like to drive twisties at speed and see if I can run the tangents without triggering a chime!

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
Single click is when the ADAS camera detects a new speed limit sign of a different speed from the last one. It alerts the driver to a change in speed limit zone. Took me a bit to figure that one out.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Single click is when the ADAS camera detects a new speed limit sign of a different speed from the last one. It alerts the driver to a change in speed limit zone. Took me a bit to figure that one out.
IG, does the single click occur even with speed alerts disabled? I don't remember it clicking once when disabled, but now it does.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
IG, does the single click occur even with speed alerts disabled? I don't remember it clicking once when disabled, but now it does.
So, in mine, the speed warning clicks you get for speeding are independent of the single click for a speed limit change.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, in mine, the speed warning clicks you get for speeding are independent of the single click for a speed limit change.
I get the single clicks in both enabled and disabled modes. I used to get the single clicks in enabled mode only.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure but I think there's a separate off slider in the settings section to prevent the audible speed notification (I'm away from my vehicle otherwise I'd check). I think I turned it off so I don't get the single clicks. I turned almost everything off that the IG would allow without giving me any yellow lights on the dash.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure but I think there's a separate off slider in the settings section to prevent the audible speed notification (I'm away from my vehicle otherwise I'd check). I think I turned it off so I don't get the single clicks. I turned almost everything off that the IG would allow without giving me any yellow lights on the dash.
That’s correct. You can turn off over speed warning. This is different than turning of adas speed assist. You must disable both. Over speed warning has memory on restart, adas does not.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The single clicks are associated with the lane departure from what I have seen on mine.
Perhaps there is a way to change the tones we don't know about. My lane chnge alert is a pleasant sound that has an actual note associated with it. Not a click.

Ccam

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
As far as I know, this is a USA Only Issue and Specific to the ADAS System in the 2024 Model. Feel free to skip the Background editorial and go to the Solution!

Background

I was lucky enough to have an early delivery and picked my Grenadier up on Nov 27th. Scottish White (Love it!), Leather, 17” Alloys, BFG K02s, Rock Sliders, +++. What follows is not about the very long list of things I love about the Grenadier, it’s about one factory configuration Issue that makes me (almost) hate it.

This issue, and it is unfortunately ‘by design,’ is part of the newly released 2024 ADAS System includes Lane Departure, Traffic Sign Recognition, Intelligent Speed Assist, Over Speed Alert, and a few other things, are ON by default and must be turned OFF deep in the Display Menu ‘every time’ you restart the vehicle.

It’s hard to explain without experiencing it but the warning Beeps, Clicks and Chimes are beyond annoying. For example, the clicking for Intelligent Speed Assist starts when you hit the stated speed limit in most cases. The amount of beeping in this vehicle is beyond anything I've ever experienced other than an ICU room in a hospital.

As a Public Service Announcement (PSA), I would encourage you to drive it when you go to pick it up.

When I say down deep in the Menu, this is the actual process to turn OFF the Over Speed Alert (Note: My Car starts up in Carplay Mode):

CarPlay > Ineos > Settings > Vehicle Settings > Vehicle Functions > ADAS Systems > Intelligent Speed Assist > Over Speed Warning > Over Speed Warning OFF > CarPlay

That is 10 Menu Clicks. Every time you restart the car if you want to turn off Lane Departure, Intelligent Speed Assist, and Over Speed Alert.

For those thinking, ‘This is no big deal, you shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit anyway ….’ Hear me know, believe me later. It is MADDENING. I mainly drive in town, and don’t drive excessively over the speed limit under any circumstances. I’d say speed limit or speed limit +5 MPH, Max. Having alerts going off when you hit the stated speed limit and after, is just wrong in my opinion.

Here is a real-world scenario: You're driving in a 40 MPH Zone .... 39 MPH to 41 MPH. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK Back down to 40 MPH .... hit 42MPH CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Back down to 40 MPH. Speed up to pass a car. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. Repeat this scenario on your daily commute. CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK, that's a sound you'll be hearing in your sleep!

I am hoping for a Software Update. However, it says in the Manual that these features can be changed (As described above), but again, not saved after turning off the vehicle. Page 136 in the manual.

Solution
This is the best workaround I have come up with for the ADAS issue related to the constant chiming and clicking when you hit the speed limit and go beyond it. It’s not great, but it’s the best I could figure out until we hopefully get a Software Update.

From the Display: Settings > General > CCI Favourite > Settings-ISA

When you start the vehicle, let the Display cycle up / load. Then hit the Favorite Button on the center console. It will bring up the Settings-ISA Screen. Turn Off Over Speed Warning.

Note 1: If you Unselect ‘Speed Limit Info’ you will have a persistent Orange Icon on the Telltale Display (That’s the name of the small screen in front of the Steering Wheel).
Note 2: You still need to do this every time you start the Vehicle but its way better than the 10 Step approach.

I tried a few other things, including Wade Mode which disables many of these systems, and the Deactivate all ADAS Systems. The issue with both of these options is that they light up the Telltale Display like a Christmas Tree.

Again, I am not posting this because I hate my Grenadier, I love it. I just 100% hate the fact that this feature/lack thereof impacts the driving experience for me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

The first video is configuring the Favorite Button and the second is Start Up / Deactivation.
I feel the same about all the warnings. It tells me the speed limit on my ranch road is 30 mph. I’ve always considered it 98 mph. But I do love the vehicle. Hopefully a tuner can open up the software and allow adjustment in the future.

Back
Top Bottom