The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

YellowLab

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
Assuming what they told you is true, I would like to see a declarative statement from the dealer / INEOS.

My opinion:

Requirement = Seat Belt Chime which can't be turned off until you buckle up.
(Non) Requirement / Interpretation of a Requirement = ADAS which can be turned off in a pain in the A$$ manner.

I was in a 2024 Toyota SUV for a week in Colorado. Their version of ADAS, which had A LOT more features, was perfectly acceptable and not intrusive.

I would say that some dealers are telling buyers it's a 'requirement' (to close the sale) and others are telling buyers the 'Favorite Hack' (to close the sale). Salespeople sell the products they have, including minimizing annoying features. I'm not being anti-salesperson here but relying on them to understand the requirements to get a vehicle on the road is probably a bad assumption.

Intentional or not (I am suspicious), the previous Press / Media reviews of the Grenadier were not with the version WE are being delivered. LOVE the vehicle BUT if ADAS was a known 'feature/requirement,' I would NOT have bought it.

As soon as a mainstream media review of a 2024 Grenadier (with ADAS) is released, it will be a viral moment for this issue.
I did not take delivery of my Grenadier for other issues that bothered me (still so much about the vehicle I love) - and thought ADAS was going to be a big impact. After driving the vehicle though the ADAS speed alert went off one time and that was it. Lane change alert was on the console - but never beeped. Walked out thinking ADAS was a nothing burger at best....

Last edited:

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score
I did not take delivery of my Grenadier for other issues that bothered me (still so much about the vehicle I love) - and thought ADAS was going to be a big impact. After driving the vehicle though the ADAS speed alert went off one time and that was it. Lane change alert was on the console - but never beeped. Walked out thinking ADAS was a nothing burger at best....
It's not a big deal if you shut it off.
It's not a big deal if you get out on the highway and consistently run over for a long distance. Goes off one time and done.
The main annoyance is on say a 45 mph road- Every time you go 1mph over is sounds 4 times. Fluctuating speed in traffic between 44 and 46 will make it sound everytime. Or a road with many stop lights or stop signs.
Once saved in favorites, it's super simple to shut it up. Even if you forgot when you first started the truck.
I still love driving this thing.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Without pointing back to all my previous rants, Completely Agree. There were about 50 preorders in Nashville and from my understanding 5 have been delivered. Thats 10%. I know 4 or the 5 and they all HATE the way ADAS works. There are a handful of people on the forum that seem to 'tolerate' it, which is fine. Still looking for that one person that loves it.

This issue is going to magnify fast as more and more deliveries happen. Dealers across the country are preloading the 'Favorites Button Mod' that I came up with to bandaid the problem. I'm an IG fan and this is a huge issue for me. Sir Jim, love you buddy, but this isn't an issue when you're driving from Harrods to the Grenadier Pub in stop and go traffic. But, when you're on the farm with no traffic signals, you will have warning lights on the Display and the TellTale when your Grenadier gets ADAS.

At that point, there will be a resolution.

I want us all to get in our Grenadiers and drive without configuring the system every single '_______' time. Fill in the blank as you see fit.

Oh, and Happy Christmas!
There's a 25 mph speed limit throughout all of London/Greater London - crazy seeing everyone driving the same speed. Does the "G" pass the super low emisions test for driving in London without the highway robbery fine levied on those poor souls who can't buy a brand new car to meet the mandate??

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
Spoke with my designated Ineos dealer (ATL) today. Yesterday (Friday), the Ineos corporate folks were at the dealership and provided some additional information regarding the trailer hitch and ADAS snafus. Basically, they are slightly delaying the trailer hitch software update so they can incorporate an ADAS update also. The combined update should be available within a few weeks.

Thankfully it appears that Ineos felt an update of the ADAS system was warranted.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke with my designated Ineos dealer (ATL) today. Yesterday (Friday), the Ineos corporate folks were at the dealership and provided some additional information regarding the trailer hitch and ADAS snafus. Basically, they are slightly delaying the trailer hitch software update so they can incorporate an ADAS update also. The combined update should be available within a few weeks.

Thankfully it appears that Ineos felt an update of the ADAS system was warranted.
Fingers crossed. Thank you for the update.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
There's a 25 mph speed limit throughout all of London/Greater London - crazy seeing everyone driving the same speed.

There isn’t, and they don’t. There are lots of 20mph limits (and more coming this year) mostly on residential roads but definitely not a blanket 25mph limit. On the roads where the traffic needs to actually flow there are (and still will be) lots of 30 and 40 and even 60 limits inside Greater London. None that are 25 as far as I can tell, so not sure where that came from. If you’re curious here’s the current map: https://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-digital-speed-limit-map.pdf

Does the "G" pass the super low emisions test for driving in London without the highway robbery fine levied on those poor souls who can't buy a brand new car to meet the mandate??

You mean ULEZ? It passes.

“This vehicle meets the ULEZ emissions standards​

You do not need to pay a daily ULEZ charge to drive in the zone…”

Lots of vehicles meet the ULEZ emissions standard by the way, including plenty of older vehicles. Don’t worry; nobody is being forced to buy a brand new car.

Last edited:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There isn’t, and they don’t. There are lots of 20mph limits (and more coming this year) mostly on residential roads but definitely not a blanket 25mph limit. On the roads where the traffic needs to actually flow there are (and still will be) lots of 30 and 40 and even 60 limits inside Greater London. None that are 25 as far as I can tell, so not sure where that came from. If you’re curious here’s the current map: https://content.tfl.gov.uk/london-digital-speed-limit-map.pdf

Lots of vehicles meet the ULEZ emissions standard by the way, including plenty of older vehicles. Don’t worry; nobody is being forced to buy a brand new car.
Thank you for the correction on 20 and not 25. Was in London in early July. Slowest taxi ever but got to see more of the city than before - London Airport to Paddington. Yes ULEZ - been following on BBC for some time. So if an older car doesn't meet the ULEZ requirements, you still have to pay a fine - correct? Cost of fines adds up for daily commutes. Trade in on older models doesn't nearly meet worth? Also understand that these cars can't be sold to other markets - they must be scrapped.
Thank you for the links!

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

As I recall from November, the road to the Grenadier Pub was 25 but that's residential as well! I will add, that I can't imagine driving a Grenadier in London proper with the turning radius. or lack thereof!

.IMG_0154.jpeg

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
So if an older car doesn't meet the ULEZ requirements, you still have to pay a fine - correct? Cost of fines adds up for daily commutes. Trade in on older models doesn't nearly meet worth? Also understand that these cars can't be sold to other markets - they must be scrapped.

Glad they were helpful.

As a rule of thumb, the cars that would have had to pay were mostly petrol cars from before 2005 and diesels from before 2015. Still quite a big role for the second hand market! Most people who needed a new car / van because of ULEZ got one 2nd hand rather than buying new.

Yes, there’s also a scrappage scheme too, which has apparently paid out a total of £121m to compensate for the scrapping of 37,200 non-compliant vehicles. That’s a good thing I reckon.

Not sure many people would agree about fines adding up for daily commutes by the way - vanishingly few people opted to take the hit of £12.50 daily fines. In fact, 95% of vehicles now being driven in the city are compliant.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
the road to the Grenadier Pub was 25 but that's residential as well!
I’d bet it’s 20 rather than 25.

I will add, that I can't imagine driving a Grenadier in London proper with the turning radius. or lack thereof!

I’ve done it a couple of times and quite enjoyed it!

Grapa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Please tell us when they do it!

Love the car but that ADAS overspeed chirp (alarm) is so annoying. If INEOS just let us turn the system off and remember everything is perfect.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the truck chirp/bong noise at 20mph also related to the ADAS or is that something different?

EDIT: Darn it. Disregard. I found it.

Attachments

• 20240109_141453964_iOS.jpg
    20240109_141453964_iOS.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
The closest I've received for an official stance on ADAS is that my dealer got back to me quoting their Ineos Adventure Director (whatever that is): "2024 and newer vehicles are now required for the ADAS system to reset with each drive cycle, in order to meet the ANCAP 5 star safety ratings." (ANCAP = Australian, non-regulatory body). The Euro version is Euro NCAP and has a very similar assessment prototcol.

I checked out their documentation to validate this. Looks like 'safety assist' is 20% of the score, and includes emergency braking, speed assist, and lane departure. Linking their current safety assist criteria for some truly dystopian reading including measuring how far apart your eyelids are to determine your level of drowsiness, and other in-cabin monitoring to change vehicle performance as a result of the computer's driver assessment.

Seems Ineos cowed to these non-regulatory safety ratings rather delivering the utilitarian, purpose built vehicle they promised. What were they thinking? Makes me wonder if I am actually the intended audience for this rig.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What were they thinking? Makes me wonder if I am actually the intended audience for this rig.
They want to be able to sell vehicles... This doesn't take away from the "purpose built" moniker in any way as it doesn't reduce capabilities at all.

Here in the US the vast majority of buyers are "lifestylers", not people who will actually use the vehicle to its full potential.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seems ridiculous to me. How many of us would not have bought it due to not having a 5 star safety rating due to annoying nannies not installed or being able to turn off? :LOL: And just how did we all make it to our age with out them? :eek:
But you can turn them off with a few quick and easy presses...

Again, those of us on the forum are in the minority of owners and potential buyers, generally enthusiasts who delve a bit deeper than surface level into the vehicle. There are shy of 5,000 registered members on this site, and no where near all of those have taken delivery (or ordered) of a vehicle yet, but the global sales (if you include US orders) are something near 5 or 6 times that.

You have to sell to those who will buy, and I will say Sir Jim and his team have done a great job of keeping this close to the original design spec (which has significantly narrowed the sales potential)

BInder

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
seriously, it's two taps on the screen if you have ADAS as your "favorite" on the center console deal. How this could be a deal breaker for so many considering how amazing everything else is makes no sense to me. 13 pages about a chime that tells you you're going over the speed limit that you can turn off in a matter of a couple seconds. I don't like nanny nonsense either but good heavens......is it really that big of a deal? The cup holders are more annoying.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The cup holders are more annoying.
Now we're getting somewhere... Although, with most of my other vehicles, 3D printed inserts to accept larger bottles have always been a solution

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I love the cup holders on mine. ;)
But the "clicking" and "pre-flight" checklist of turning everything off each time is annoying.
One heck of performance off-road though ... I will give it that so far.

Back
Top Bottom