The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Workshop Manuals available?

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Very funny that some even consider the workshop manuals will magically appear
It was a marketing lie to suck people in, nothing more nothing less.
They will never be made public unless someone gets them and posts it all over the internet
Come in spinner…

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
Attached is a conversation I had with Greg Clark VP of the Americas prior to his departure. He did confirm the worksop manuals were coming. See the attached youtube link to see that they do exist.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1c7QlNDylw&t=1s
The workshop manuals exist, I saw it twice while sitting behind a technician at my dealer, but I was reluctant to make pictures, because I felt he made me a "forbidden" favor.
They look amazingly good. Like movies ...

Are they complete and good, I don't know. But they look quite OK.

In the past some people did post some pictures on this forum,

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
The workshop manuals exist, I saw it twice while sitting behind a technician at my dealer, but I was reluctant to make pictures, because I felt he made me a "forbidden" favor.
They look amazingly good. Like movies ...

Are they complete and good, I don't know. But they look quite OK.

In the past some people did post some pictures on this forum,
I have also seen them at the dealership.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
Appointed dealers all have access to these and the complete spare parts listings.
Also one or two indy operators have purchased these from INEOS, so far I only know of a confirmed few in the uk. That’s where most of the early ‘leaks’ came from for this stuff which people were posting a while back.
I have no idea about the licensing requirements for this.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score

You folks who have caught glimpses of workshop manuals ... are they in paper form? Or at least printable in *full*?

IMO, owners need something that works offline, without power, without internet, without log-ins, without subscriptions, and long after Sir Jim's passion project has been shuttered and online workshop manual "services" with logins and subscriptions stop working. This is the nature of rugged, remote, and built on purpose.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:42 PM
Reaction score
You folks who have caught glimpses of workshop manuals ... are they in paper form? Or at least printable in *full*?
The official workshop manual, that dealers use, is not paper (no current brand gives dealers paper manuals as there is far too much information).

The dealer workshop manual is an absolute piece of art and beauty in its functionality and illustrations, but I can't fathom an easy way to replicate it as-is into a paper format

Local time
Reaction score
The goal should be to have a stand alone digital copy that is fully functional without an internet connection that can be downloaded in its entirety to your tablet style device, laptop or PC. Actual paper would provide no additional benefit if these conditions are met.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The goal should be to have a stand alone digital copy that is fully functional without an internet connection that can be downloaded in its entirety to your tablet style device, laptop or PC. Actual paper would provide no additional benefit if these conditions are met.
Knowing what other OEM repair manuals are like (which aren't nearly as detailed or immersive as the Ineos one), this would be a substantial download, especially for a tablet style device

Local time
Reaction score
Knowing what other OEM repair manuals are like (which aren't nearly as detailed or immersive as the Ineos one), this would be a substantial download, especially for a tablet style device
It would almost certainly be a very large down load. And in a printed version likely thousands of pages in multiple volumes rendering it completely unwieldy for practical use.

Back
Top Bottom