The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WolfBox - As A New Vendor, Offering 20% Off Discount!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
I just bought the WolfBox G900Pro and the power source is a cigarette lighter. I'd like to wire in the right footwell similar to your set up. Should I cut the cigarette lighter and hard wire?
Nope
Yes, I think you can do that.
The cigarette plug is a 12v to USB-C 5v adaptor. If you cut the plug off and wire the cable directly to 12v you'll likely damage the mirror which operates on 5v not 12v. Someone else on the forum did exactly that.
Your choices are either buy the Wolfbox hardwire kit, or buy a cigarette socket from any auto parts outlet and wire that to a 12v supply at the cabin fuse box or via INT1 or INT2. Then plug the provided Wolfbox cigarette plug into the socket.

The hardwire kit is the neatest solution and also provides battery low voltage protection (at 11.6v) if you enable the parking camera option.

AndyT

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
Nope

The cigarette plug is a 12v to USB-C 5v adaptor. If you cut the plug off and wire the cable directly to 12v you'll likely damage the mirror which operates on 5v not 12v. Someone else on the forum did exactly that.
Your choices are either buy the Wolfbox hardwire kit, or buy a cigarette socket from any auto parts outlet and wire that to a 12v supply at the cabin fuse box or via INT1 or INT2. Then plug the provided Wolfbox cigarette plug into the socket.

The hardwire kit is the neatest solution and also provides battery low voltage protection (at 11.6v) if you enable the parking camera option.
Thanks for correcting me! I wasn't 100% sure. I went with the hardwire kit, so I didn't go down the route of snipping off the cigarette lighter plug. @bodhizaffa dont listen to me!

AG81

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:23 PM
Reaction score
One of my first mod's was the Wolfbox 900 Pro. I have to say I am happy with the product. It certainly does more than I need but the rearv view is clear and gives a view I needed since we don't have BSM. Very Happy.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
The hardwire is totally worth the money. I really like the power voltage sensing to help preserve battery if it runs low.

Back
Top Bottom