The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WolfBox - As A New Vendor, Offering 20% Off Discount!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
From the wiring diagram I saw on their website, it looked like the interior cam was hard wired as opposed to being plugged in. Is that correct? My hope with the 890 was to get a waterproof cam and put in the grill but that doesn’t seem feasible.
Interior cam is a plug in...
1000008037.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:36 AM
Reaction score
Your idea has me holding off for conformation. I love your idea. @Krabby I have to come to Philly for work end of January, in reality not downtown Philly but Malvern. You close at all? I arrive on Monday, you up for a drink?
I would love to but logistically it would be rough. I coach at the HS level and usually don’t even get to my house until 7-730. I’m an hour plus from Philly and get up for work at 515. But DM me as the date approaches just in case my schedule has changed.

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
yes, if you do it cleverly, and put the switch in the right place, then the connection to the rear light in the car is sufficient

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:36 PM
Reaction score
Do the other cams use the same style connector?
Different connector for the rear camera.
1000008038.jpg
The front camera is built into the back of the mirror. I wonder if a waterproof camera can be spliced onto the cabin camera wire and plugged into the mirror body.

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
Looks like you have managed to hide the wiring behind the airbag warning module. Will take a 2nd look at mine and see if I can do the same.
I found it pretty straightforward to get the various wires, plugs, jacks etc tucked just behind the airbag sign. Nicely hides them away. It does restrict the angle of the dangle, but - pro tip - having the screen angled slightly toward the roof doesn’t affect the visibility of the image and, as a useful side effect, prevents any annoying reflection from the rear door in the screen too. Result.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:36 PM
Reaction score
@Krabby Here is an example, it uses a AUX. All I need is connector, then I can have a audio car shop hook up a camera. I'm not messing with stereo and will let a professional l do it. Might as well let them run the front camera too.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been wondering about doing this when I’ve got my trailer hooked up. Switching between two cables (manually or with a relay).
1704575257908.png A simple 9 pin double throw switch does it. I have this set up with my wolfbox. Throw switch one way for rear car cam and the other for trailer.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @bakepl Could you explain your setup in more detail?

thanks in advance
Your wolfbox rear camera cable has 3 wires... can't recall exact colours but say one is black 12v -, one is red 12v + and the other yellow for video. Position your switch roughly where you would like it installed, cut the rear camera cable running from the wolfbox mirror to reach the middle 3 pins of the switch. Solder/attach these 3 wires to the 3 middle pins of this switch. Using the other cut end of your car rear camera cable connect these 3 wires to the pins on one end of the switch keeping the same colour pattern on the pins running across the short side. Yellow/yellow, red/red, black/black. Similarly, cut the cable you are using to connect your trailer camera and connect the black, red, yellow to the remaining 3 pins of the switch to match yellow/yellow/yellow, red/red/red, black/black/black. So in effect the middle 3 pins of the switch go to the mirror, one side of the switch goes to your car rear camera the the other side of your switch goes to the rear camera. Hint is to use a multimeter continuity to check you are using the right 3 pins each time.

In the below image, lets say 1,4 and 7 are black, 2,5 and 8 are red, and 3,6 and 9 are yellow with 4,5 and 6 coming from your mirror. 1,2 and 3 from your car reverse camera and 7,8,9 from your trailer camera. Once again however and before you do anything, check the switch with a multimeter to confirm to yourself which way it is switching - you don't want to short out your cameras as I suspect they don't like reverse polarity.

1704579374962.png

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:36 PM
Reaction score
For the record. I needed the additional wiring extension to comfortably connect my rear camera. For main power I connected into the cigarette lighter fuse in the small fuse box near to the steering wheel.
How tight was the wiring for the rear camera? does it just make the distance? As you mentioned you needed the extension? thanks in advance

Last edited:

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Ok,

UK and Europe get a 20% discount and North America get 18%

The links are specific and so are the coupon codes, they even changed them for us to represent the uk and usa websites.

For USA Customers ONLY 18% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-USA

WOLFBOX USA Site

For UK Customers and EU 20% discount with the coupon code below.

Code

GRENADIERS-UK

WOLFBOX UK Site

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
mad australia GIF

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It's OK, on the Amazon AU site actually cheaper without the discount code

Oh @MrMike, Australia is coming 1st as the 4th largest global market for Grenadier sales and yet we get no coupon code love from @Stu_Barnes. Is this a Colony thing Stu? Cricket? Rugby?

I'm seeing A$319 on Amazon AU. There is a A$40 code offer currently (expires today!) so that's A$@279.
Code WOLFBOXBEST20 gets a 20% discount on the au.wolfbox site. For the G900 @ A$336.99 that's A$269.59 after discount with free delivery. Plus the 20% discount applies to accessories like an extended wiring kit.
I'm not aware if Wolfbox allows multiple codes (code stacking) so a forum coupon code may not get us a better price anyway.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Oh @MrMike, Australia is coming 1st as the 4th largest global market for Grenadier sales and yet we get no coupon code love from @Stu_Barnes. Is this a Colony thing Stu? Cricket? Rugby?

I'm seeing A$319 on Amazon AU. There is a A$40 code offer currently (expires today!) so that's A$@279.
Code WOLFBOXBEST20 gets a 20% discount on the au.wolfbox site. For the G900 @ A$336.99 that's A$269.59 after discount with free delivery. Plus the 20% discount applies to accessories like an extended wiring kit.
I'm not aware if Wolfbox allows multiple codes (code stacking) so a forum coupon code may not get us a better price anyway.
Ha, it’s a lot less complex than that @Clark Kent, they haven’t generated the discount code yet for the au website. Sorry to disappoint;) as I mentioned above they do things piecemeal.

On a plus note we’re gaining traction with the Grenadier mount.

Back
Top Bottom