The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wiring ARB twin compressor (Owl kit)

gulfcoastgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
Edit - solved thanks to the quick responses. I was posting a quick question and appreciate the help.

For those also wiring an ARB compressor, with or without the owl kit (which fits great), here is where I found power. I have a LHD NA, non high load equipped model. Next to and slightly behind the starting battery, inboard, on the passenger side, I had a spare 80amp space here with plenty of spare empty lugs on the floorboard for ground. Perfect!

Attachments

• IMG_6814.jpeg
    IMG_6814.jpeg
    643 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
This the under front seat twin arb bracket? Perhaps consider one of the main fuse boxes. There should be a spare to use within the 'S' box as in the image. Best to keep the two 40 amp fuses then use a suitable fuse for both at the block. Neg can be placed on any suitable close by lug that is grounded to the chassis. (great image from forum, can't recall who posted sorry)

1726003494188.jpeg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
Directly off the main battery would be ideal, or where the "S" is above as that position does not have a fuse and can support that much current

gulfcoastgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Great, thank you. I posted in between mounting the compressor and 1 yo child duties, so my research was limited. I wasn’t sure if hooking direct to a battery in these modern vehicles was ok, either, if they’re voltage sensitive. I’ll get to digging in those spots and hook it up. I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Can you share which color wires were plugged into which number on back of the on/off switch? Thanks

gulfcoastgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can you share which color wires were plugged into which number on back of the on/off switch? Thanks
I am curious what is correct, myself. If the back of the switch is facing you, I first tried top black, middle purple, and bottom red on the left side. The switch’s light stayed on constant and the compressor switched on for a second that way, but then I got too hot in the garage and I gave up on this test. I am still working on the best way to power it instead of a direct connection to the starter battery as well.

gulfcoastgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Taken from elsewhere on the internet. I think I had the purple and red switched. Looks to me like top left black, then red, then purple

Attachments

• IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom