The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Why does it bong when I driver over a hump?

Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Glad that Anand's suggestion worked for you. At first I thought the door wasn't closed tightly and adjusted the hook in slightly. Bong city! Made it 2 blocks from my house and turned around and came back. I then moved the hook out a bit and 90% of the bong went away. However, I still got bonged anytime I had a big dip in the road. I have a bigger tire and rotopax on the rear door. I then started wincing every time I hit a bump expecting a bong.

So.. and don't report me to the Ineos authorities, I pulled the upper plastic panel on the 70 door (I'd had it off when installing my Wolfbox) and snipped, stripped and crimped the two small wires that convey 'open door' back to the vehicle. Now, I can drive through any bump/dip in silence. I suppose I could reconnect them if I ever needed to..
I’m dealing with this today and might just do the same thing. F’ing technology where it isn’t needed.

Back
Top Bottom