The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:16 AM
Reaction score
Tend to agree. My chassis number is mid 4000’s and was built June 23. Gut feel is that 20k won’t be too far wrong unless Ineos are not building sequentially numbered vehicles.
We know from the VINs posted that its over 22,500 built now. That doesnt equate to sales though (stock, gifts, loaners, pre-production etc).

AWo

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
I read this 20,000 car statement again form TopGear....if the Ineos guy claims overall, so 2023 and 2024, I belive that, yes. Maybe I missed that point, mea culpa.
I had first the impression it is only about 2024. If that is the case, then I do not believe the number.

AWo

Local time
7:16 PM
Reaction score
Keep in mind Ineos is taking delivery of vehicles for their chemical business and putting these into use, or at least that was told to me by Ineos Auto USA previously. I don't think any of these would be high visibility units at this point, so that mught explain some of the disconnect.

I also think Ineos specifically not naming Reacaro is important. They are trying to sort through it without damaging Recaro.

If I was a Recaro material supplier, I would imagine my typical payment for product material contracts would be under review, thus delaying payments. In the US, we typically have Net 30/Net 60/whatever. When a company goes into the bankruptcy system, these contracts get put on hold/renegotiated/etc.... I imagine they are not going to supply materials until an agreement is made between parties.

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
1:16 AM
Reaction score
First the Ineos sites were forced to switch to EV's for site traffic just to be replaced by IC vehicles now?

Aha.

AWo

Back
Top Bottom