The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Jtarbell

Production/Transit
Local time
3:13 AM
Reaction score
Mine is getting worse. Started with crazy fluctuating sounds with the turn indicators. Then the lane departure turned into a shrill ear piercing noise. (When it decided it wants to work randomly) Now the Speed Assist Unavailable warning is on 80 percent of the time. Accident Evasion Red Fail indicator occasionally comes on. And just last night the radio refuses to turn off. Even after turning the key off and locking the truck. Taking it to the dealer today. Its almost like a computer or module has failed.
I'm having this issue, intermittently, where the various warning sounds (blinker, lane departure, etc) are shrill and distorted (sort of a digitally scambled sound). What was the module name you had replaced?

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
All 4 TPMS sensors just went out and my phone/Android Auto will not stay connected. First issue I have had so far.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
All 4 TPMS sensors just went out and my phone/Android Auto will not stay connected. First issue I have had so far.

My truck had a full on software meltdown one day while driving. First dropped all TPMS sensors one by one. Then gave me a Brake Light Malfunction warning. Then an LDW Malfunction. Then AEB Failure. And topped it off with a Speed Control Module Malfunction.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:13 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,
My dealer is awesome and will have a look at this for me tomorrow, but I thought I’d see if anyone has experienced this before.

I had to go to an aunt’s funeral about 170km drive this morning. I hadn’t driven the grenny for about a week or so.

Started it this morning and noticed two things.
I has a “Service Overdue 76 days” warning light come up, and the clock said it was 8-03am. It was in fact 7-26am. The time reset to the correct time after a restart. After a two hour drive we progressed up to 215 days service overdue.

IMG_6517.jpeg

IMG_6519.jpeg

Anyway. Funeral and wake done, and it’s time to head home. Start the car up, service notice still there, but so is the Check Engine light on in the christmas lights panel.
In addition to that, I can’t toggle through the information panel (L/100km, adblue, range to empty etc) and cruise control doesn’t work.

No issues driving the 200km home.

Probably just a gremlin, but any thoughts, similar experience??

Thanks

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
ls it possible to do a media system reset on the Grenadier?
On the new Defender you can reset the media system by holding down one of the buttons for 30 seconds and it cures a lot of the issues that occur.
Your personal data such as saved radio stations and phone pairing are not lost in the reset.

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
ls it possible to do a media system reset on the Grenadier?
On the new Defender you can reset the media system by holding down one of the buttons for 30 seconds and it cures a lot of the issues that occur.
Your personal data such as saved radio stations and phone pairing are not lost in the reset
Hold the volume mute button until the infotainment screen restarts, keeping all data and settings.
IMG_1926.png

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,
My dealer is awesome and will have a look at this for me tomorrow, but I thought I’d see if anyone has experienced this before.

I had to go to an aunt’s funeral about 170km drive this morning. I hadn’t driven the grenny for about a week or so.

I has a “Service Overdue 76 days” warning light come up, and the clock said it was 8-03am. It was in fact 7-26am. The time reset to the correct time after a restart. After a two hour drive we progressed up to 215 days service overdue.

View attachment 7866868

View attachment 7866870

Anyway. Funeral and wake done, and it’s time to head home. Start the car up, service notice still there, but so is the Check Engine light on in the christmas lights panel.
In addition to that, I can’t toggle through the information panel (L/100km, adblue, range to empty etc) and cruise control doesn’t work.

Thanks
That's weird. Maybe it's just a
IMG_6517~2.jpeg

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Clark Kent I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick that up - well played.

It’s with the dream police to check it out now. 😁
😀 Buckle up my friend..

We're in the Lap of Luxury here with four agents in the South East corner of Queensland.
I feel for South Australia customers, where it's just a Ghost Town.
Ain't that a shame?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

View attachment 7866868

View attachment 7866870

Thanks
Following the s/w upgrade to version xxx364001946, the display on my Trialmaster later degraded in response the toggle switch on the end of the indicator stalk: e.g. the numbers would freeze, the "categories" were slow to change (from distance stats to fuel stats etc) and the reminder for service was 1800 plus days and counting and appeared every 6 seconds for the next 10 -15 secs.. . somewhat inconvenient... also, the cruise control was dropping out occasionally on a long trip.
The s/w was updated to xxxxx 689002940 a couple of weeks ago (at the 12m service) and the display is now stable and the toggle switch operates consistently.
I've not had a chance to check the cruise control on an extended drive.
FWIW...previous posts re. the cruise control have been related to full/partial failure of a "gateway module" which also affects power steering.
All of the above are "known" issues to Ineos....

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all,

View attachment 7866868

View attachment 7866870

Thanks
It is not a Grenadier but a Tardis.

Back
Top Bottom