The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
it happend twice to me so far. While driving, screenpart with speed indicator went black for 3-5 seconds, then restored to normal.
Mine does that when Android auto is connected and the phone goes in and out of mobile coverage.100% repeatable, very annoying when travelling remotely in and out of mobile coverage (but at least i could identify the problem...). Flight mode fixes it, which is fine when you are remote, not expecting any calls, but not really workable....

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
Well, I think we are all being extremely patient regarding software updates. Have seen a new messages this week - AC Fail, which fortunately it hasn’t.

Asked my agent again when the vehicle will be reprogrammed as two dates have slipped by.

I am surprised vehicles continue to be delivered like this, unless the later VINS don’t have the problems!

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am surprised vehicles continue to be delivered like this, unless the later VINS don’t have the problems!
As reported on another thread - Since collecting my Grenadier on the 2nd May and having now covered some 7000+ miles (11,200+ kms) I can report absolutely none of the faults/issues/gremlins/foibles reported elsewhere on the Forum affecting my car. It has been totally faultless, so far…. hopefully that’ll continue in the same way as the continuing “Gren Grin”.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked mine up on 23 June and it's had all the common SW faults (the usual stuff - but most recently the LHD version of the main screen for a few seconds!). Wife won't drive it until it's ben fixed as she doesn't trust the story of "it's just a software problem". I kind of understand that.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I picked mine up on 23 June and it's had all the common SW faults (the usual stuff - but most recently the LHD version of the main screen for a few seconds!). Wife won't drive it until it's ben fixed as she doesn't trust the story of "it's just a software problem". I kind of understand that.
I can tolerate the warnings - but I can't tolerate the lack of information on a fix.

My wife is the same - she keeps telling me to sell it..............so come on INEOS fix it.

DDG

Local time
4:50 PM
Reaction score
As reported on another thread - Since collecting my Grenadier on the 2nd May and having now covered some 7000+ miles (11,200+ kms) I can report absolutely none of the faults/issues/gremlins/foibles reported elsewhere on the Forum affecting my car. It has been totally faultless, so far…. hopefully that’ll continue in the same way as the continuing “Gren Grin”.
Thank you for posting your positive experience. Far too often the trouble free stories don’t get out there. I think we all have our eyes open to the issues that have occurred; but it’s reassuring to hear about possible progress and improvements. Seven thousand miles is a decent shakedown! Please keep us updated on your continued experience!

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
I have finally found a way (at least it works for me) to avoid all the bongs and errors. When unlocking the car, I also unlock my iPhone (not kidding…unrelated but related none the less). The iPhone I need to do because it kept losing its “compatibility” with the system when you turn on the contact in the Grenadier. Whatever you do…don’t plug the iPhone in the power outlet yet. Turn on contact and leave it on for about 60 seconds until all has booted up properly and then start.

Since I do it like this I have had 0 warnings so far and my iPhone connects via Apple CarPlay every time without issues.

Just my experience. Might be different for someone else. Build number of vehicle is 00022XX

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The agent has said their latest date for an update is mid - September.

Also phoned customer care - who came back and said mid-September for the update is looking good!

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
Mine does that when Android auto is connected and the phone goes in and out of mobile coverage.100% repeatable, very annoying when travelling remotely in and out of mobile coverage (but at least i could identify the problem...). Flight mode fixes it, which is fine when you are remote, not expecting any calls, but not really workable....
Mine also... the speedometer transfers to the LHS of the screen, the place where it was goes black...then when the phone pops back into mobile range, the normal order of things is restored... :unsure: :rolleyes:

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good news,
Ineos have just collected my Trialmaster to fix all its problems in one go.
will take a couple of weeks at some secret squirrel base they have.
Left me a brand new Fieldmaster in its place to use😊

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good news,
What problems are they looking at? I'd be interested to see what, if anything, they plan to do about the front door seals - this is the only real issue I currently have.

Arlette

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have finally found a way (at least it works for me) to avoid all the bongs and errors. When unlocking the car, I also unlock my iPhone (not kidding…unrelated but related none the less). The iPhone I need to do because it kept losing its “compatibility” with the system when you turn on the contact in the Grenadier. Whatever you do…don’t plug the iPhone in the power outlet yet. Turn on contact and leave it on for about 60 seconds until all has booted up properly and then start.

Since I do it like this I have had 0 warnings so far and my iPhone connects via Apple CarPlay every time without issues.

Just my experience. Might be different for someone else. Build number of vehicle is 00022XX
Do you close all the windows as well!

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good news,
Yes please, keep us informed about which problems they will fix!

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you close all the windows as well!
Yes and the doors too before I start. And no, not sarcastic and no kidding. I can reproduce factually. If I follow my procedure then no messages. If I start and there’s a door left open or my stupid phone is already plugged into the cable I get error messages. I tried it several times and I can repeat the stated result. As soon as my extra gear is at Hedin I’m going to show them. I believe it’s interesting feedback for Ineos.

From a software perspective it can make sense that it reacts this way. If the programmers didn’t take into account different base state values for certain parameters, it could trip the logic behind the programming and return strange values otherwise known as random error messages

Back
Top Bottom