The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
I am still curious what causes all these issues. BTW I have a software version 1939 and a vehicle with 299x VIN. What I observed is that I am getting many warnings if the battery level is quite low. I left the G at the dealer and came back from Vacation after three weeks. Battery was then at 90%. Many errors including the oragange general warning on the small screen above the steering wheel.

All errors stopped after I did a longer trip. The battery jumped back to 99%.

What I always do is to wait a few seconds before I start the engine so that all systems and the info screen can boot up.

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Never had a battery level > 87% so far. Even not so after a trip of 400 km. After a few days of not driving the level is normally at around 82%. Is that normal?
But in an another way I can confirm your observation. After waiting a few seconds with the ignition and before starting the engine, error messages are less,

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
At almost 5000 km, I still get some warning lights when turning on, but the new thing is that if I wait for them to go off and start the engine, they don't reappear...
I'm getting the same various warnings etc but nothing desperate....except today !! After 10 minutes into a local journey the main display changed
from RHS and in MPH to LHS and KMS. I'm in UK with RH and showing MPH so really don't know what happened ! Stopped safely when I could and after three sessions of switch off / wait / switch back on it all reverted to what it should be. Any ideas from those in UK or EU ?

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting the same various warnings etc but nothing desperate....except today !! After 10 minutes into a local journey the main display changed
from RHS and in MPH to LHS and KMS. I'm in UK with RH and showing MPH so really don't know what happened ! Stopped safely when I could and after three sessions of switch off / wait / switch back on it all reverted to what it should be. Any ideas from those in UK or EU ?
Your car wants a holiday overseas

jkloy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting...this variation of display behaviour iI have not heard of before. I have a LH vehicle and had several times a black screen while driving. But that switched back to normal automatically after a few seconds. I am excited about the software update, which my dealer said is expected end of September. Software ist like bananas, ripens at the customers site.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score
I can't offer any help with resolution (other than putting it all on the new 1946 software update), but I can say the issue has been reported by others, albeit infrequently. So maybe there's a little comfort in knowing it's not unique to your vehicle.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Happened to me once for a few seconds - obvious software glitch and reverted to normal after very short while.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, ditto black screen on several occasions. Panic at the first, resignation followed when normal service was resumed before I could even think about reacting. Roll on the update.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So boarded an overnight ferry in Dublin yesterday afternoon with battery charge at 71%. Locked with key to avoid alarm going off with vibrations (if it would even do that) and when we docked in France this morning the car made loud intermittent bongs, multiple tell tales illuminated and main screen was blank. Starter motor wouldn’t turn over, so thought battery was flat. Crew brought out portable battery and after 5 minutes and multiple switching ignition on/off, car started.

Tell tales showed front and rear diffs activated (roof switches flashing), off road mode active, power steering error in red, engine warning light amber. Car was in high range and once above around 15mph, diff lights and off road mode tel tales cleared. Battery showed 100%.

Drove for 3 hours before stopping to ensure battery was actually charged. Tell tales all cleared on starting and battery showed 99% and quickly rose to 100%. Car has started and stopped fine several times since.

Diesel Trialmaater, 1,000 miles
I’ve noticed a patttern to my cars electrical gremlins. When they happen frequently the battery is sitting at under 95% charge. As soon as it is sitting on 98-100% then the electrical gremlins are almost non-existent. Seems to be almost 99% of the time that is the case. That’s every message other than the rear seatbelt warnings which seem to always think the empty rear seats are occupied and so almost always bong every trip so I just drive with seatbelts all buckled in. Hypersensitive to small battery drops seems to be the culprit/issue with most of the errors. I have a factory dual battery setup, nothing extra connected or drawing power.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought it was off too - unless all Aussie roads are made with a 6 degree roll??
Yep noticed mine is always on 6 degree roll. Yesterday I noticed going round a bend where the camber was the other way that it went from 6degrees roll to 2degrees roll. So it looks like the calibration for level is set wrong by about 5 degrees.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My battery is more or less always under 90%. Never charged it manually, and had some short distances (6-8 Km) last week, but the battery kept around 85% all the time.

If I repeatedly switch on and off the car and follow the "wait-until-messages-are-gone" procdure, there are no bongs and messages any more - despite the battery having under 90%.

Oskar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve noticed a patttern to my cars electrical gremlins. When they happen frequently the battery is sitting at under 95% charge. As soon as it is sitting on 98-100% then the electrical gremlins are almost non-existent. Seems to be almost 99% of the time that is the case. That’s every message other than the rear seatbelt warnings which seem to always think the empty rear seats are occupied and so almost always bong every trip so I just drive with seatbelts all buckled in. Hypersensitive to small battery drops seems to be the culprit/issue with most of the errors. I have a factory dual battery setup, nothing extra connected or drawing power.
I see the same pattern. Had my car parked for three weeks at the dealer. Collected it and it bahaved like a Christmas tree. One long trip pushed the battery to 98% and all was good.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't been back to the agent yet, I'm awaiting word on the software update, just a couple of warning lights showing now and again, which I've ignored. My biggest grouse is with the radio no idea why it's struggling to lock on to stations.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why on earth is a battery in the 95% (or slightly less) giving these errors to multiple users... not good enough IA. It is funny how this issue has become more prevalent in the last 3 weeks than the 3-month prior... maybe just the volume of owners now and sounds rise with more people. Gosh this software updates better fix things up - I cannot afford to have a car beeping at me and the sleeping kids at random. I am patiently waiting.

PaulBond

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think I have had most of them. Engine, Power Steering, Transmission, PDC, eCell, washer fluid, the most annoying is TPMS which comes up all day every day with ”Tyre pressures are low”.

I live in Spain. We only have DAB a in Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona. The FM a reception is so bad.

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just dome a 60 mile commute. battery was saying 86% and no visible or audible faults announcements....... but the heater would only run at full temperature OR full cold and noisy aircon blast. I could kill it all, but stuck in traffic, that was horrible.

GoneNative

Forum Donor
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Air-conditioning and HVAC thing is going to be annoying, the exact same thing is true for Lotus Evora. They have the notches to show the levels between max hot and max cold, but they do nothing, it's either max hot or max cold lol.

Maybe small car companies can't get good suppliers for aircon systems.

Owain

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had this happen once and only for about 20 seconds then the screen reset itself and back to normal 🤷‍♂️

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
this morning my battery charging level was at 24% - dropped down from the usual 90sh to 24% overnight after a 100km drive yesterday. Voltage was ok around 14V. Car was starting without without an eye blink and after 40km I was back to 88%. I am guessing that the small boot door was not closed perfectly and thus the small lamp in the boot was on whole night. Car did close properly with the remote control. Now: can a battery down start a 3L Diesel? Or this voltage more important?

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpg
    IMG_2442.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 17

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Pat, I would connect a smart maintainer to regenerate/recharge the battery.

but even if there was an open door after a certain number of minutes shouldn't all the lights and the infotainment system go off?

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom