The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 AM
Reaction score
As long as these gremlins don't bite I think I will survive the initial hitches...If they are ringing in your ears...I have found that disconnecting your power/battery totally puts them to sleep...give them a rest while you check connections, including fuses...wake them and see how they respond...hope helps at least...can't wait for my Grenadier... ;) maybe my new name for her will be Gremadier:LOL:
Happy motoring and don't forget that some of your happiest days have not happened yet.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
+ - + - + - + I think the positives are just ahead in the electronic reviews so far but my counting can be biased...happy motoring;)

Reactions: PBD

DDG

Local time
Reaction score
I concede my prior response might be an overreaction. I’ve been following this venture nonstop since 2017 and reserved my grenadier the first moment I could back in 2021. I stayed patient and understanding for the months that they “batched and held”. I want them to succeed with all my heart, but I don’t make excuses for myself or others. If it’s simply a software teething problem that would be great. I’ll keep my thoughts to myself when they venture negative

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
Guys, keep this in perspective, firstly everyone with problems gravitates to forums, and people with issues are much more likely to post about them than people having no problems. The actual numbers are likely very small. Secondly even well established manufacturers have vehicles with software glitches at times, my Land Rovers all had them, my Mitsubishi has the occasional glitch. And thirdly this is probably inevitable with a brand new vehicle from a brand new manufacturer, problems that didn’t show in testing inevitably show up once they hit the market in any numbers. Very likely they will get solved quickly.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:33 PM
Reaction score
I can’t help but think “and there it goes! A massive failure”. I’m not sure there is a way to get back out in front of this for Ineos. So incredibly sad and disappointing. Their only option is “nuclear”…start over.
I'm not in the least concerned. .
I'll wager that because the faults are seemingly transient there's a good chance that some connectors might need to be re-seated: expansion/ contraction caused by under bonnet temperature changes are causing intermittent contact. I've seen this before...
A $30 OBD scan plug and a phone app may enable you to record a trouble code... ( e g. the power steering issue a couple of owners have mentioned ) which will help you to diagnose further ....
All makes have similar issues. It's a 4 wheeled computer-driven machine! Expect updates! (How many updates does Microsoft issue a month??? )

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Guys, keep this in perspective, firstly everyone with problems gravitates to forums, and people with issues are much more likely to post about them than people having no problems. The actual numbers are likely very small. Secondly even well established manufacturers have vehicles with software glitches at times, my Land Rovers all had them, my Mitsubishi has the occasional glitch. And thirdly this is probably inevitable with a brand new vehicle from a brand new manufacturer, problems that didn’t show in testing inevitably show up once they hit the market in any numbers. Very likely they will get solved quickly.
That is true. Nevertheless, I think there is a larger proportion than I would have expected. But without statistics we will never know.

What we do know:
  • Rear Seat Belt warnings - a few owners - possibly fix from Amazon or buckle up.
  • Power Steering Pump message - clears after 5
  • Tyre Pressure Warning messages - a few owners
  • Power steering warning came on, and after a restart, the PDC warning also came on - quote @rovie
  • It is suggested that battery condition maybe causing some of the above.
  • Transmission Error messages
  • Airbag fault messages, accompanied by wailer (cannot cancel).
  • Reversing sensor malfunction.
  • Beeps and Buzzes
As mentioned above, these messages are OK, until they do become a problem. Looks as though many of them could be coded out and should not have been eliminated during testing and development.

Any others to add to the list? Are there owners with NO problems?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone found the place where to plug in a code reader? What are the connections looking like?

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
While I will watch and wait on these issues; it IS the worst possible scenario for Ineos. This is a very bad start. I did not expect a flawless roll out at all. I did expect much fewer technology related issues. That was the Grenadier’s entire point! As a counter point, I just drove my 2022 V8 Defender 110 over 5,000 miles, crisscrossing the entire North American continent in eight days. I did not have a SINGLE tiny malfunction of any kind. Even with all of that sophisticated technology and fancy electronics. Not a single warning light or beep beyond low fuel warnings. Averaged 18.4 mpg with a 510 horsepower supercharged V8.
If my Grenadier arrives and shows these problems that we are seeing, I will be more than disappointed.
I suppose if there is hope for the Grenadier and its electronic gremlins, it lies in the fact that I recall the TFL guys on you tube having a ton of electrical/software related issues on their brand new Defender a couple years ago with numerous trips back to the dealer and vehicle being out of commission for a while. And now yours is working like a top! Not that anyone wants this scenario (especially as an early adopter of the Grenadier), but I have confidence that subsequent iterations and updates will yield the results we all expected.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
@DDG ah so.. it seems in the meanztime the guy have learned.. perhaps.. On my Disco Sport sometimes I ve got also effects like radar / distance control shut down - or other strangies. That was also flashed out after a while at service. So it is NOT like so that JLR does not have any problems.
Again - I knot this will take a while and there will be some updates necessary on Grenadier. Test can be done a lot Reality is with customers. I know about software quality, data quality.. that is my business I make my life on since quite a while. (No - automotive is not my topic, mine ins financial services, medical and alike)

Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
@DDG looks like you’re in the states. Are you still going to pre-order and assume all this will be fixed before they get to us (or we don’t finalize our contracts)?

Local time
Reaction score
I know I won't follow through with my order unless they have demonstrated the ability to correct the problems their customers are experiencing. It's unfortunate that the problems are there, but not unacceptable...yet.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I go and do a little work for a few days, and we have a new thread full of issues relating to software, electrical, AC, door locking, seals pouring water over people etc etc. Haha - some people were right... the RHD footrest issue is a non-issue compared to limp mode and alarms blaring all day long! I will stay they cause if they can sort it all out via software!

simonpma

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious, those that have collected the Grenadier - how many are experiencing SOFTWARE / ELECTRICAL GREMLINS?
Yes , several electrical faults , nothing serious enough to stop me driving it

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
I have had the best one today, my total mileage went to Zero for about 15 miles….. It has now corrected itself and is showing pretty much in line with the total miles that my Tracker shows!
Great. I have to make a note for future decisions.
If I ever will buy a used Grenadier I will have to test drive for more than 16 miles to be sure the mileage is real.
Always good to know 🥳

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have had the best one today, my total mileage went to Zero for about 15 miles….. It has now corrected itself and is showing pretty much in line with the total miles that my Tracker shows!
Let’s hope the MPH reading doesn’t stop working that could get you into real trouble !

Back
Top Bottom