The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
As long as they're just warnings, and don't result in limp mode being triggered, that's irritating but tolerable. Fingers crossed thus software flash doesn't take long to come
Its the deafening warning alarm the you cannot switch off that's the problem mate. Went on for two hours!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
And by the way you never know whether it’s a gremlin or a real alert. The way it goes now nobody from this forum will take the alarms serious. And if something happens the first question will be
„Why didn’t you stop the car when the warning light went on?“
It is sufficient that some harm is done to the engine or the automatic. This would be costly enough. Not to talk about a failure of the power steering while driving…

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
Seriously I am happy not to be an early adopter. I support the project despite the issues and “sick of waiting„ complaints. knowing how much time it requires to get a vehicle developed and ready .. and it’s not as simple as it was in the post war time when original Land Rover was developed.
That will get fixed .. I am glad mother nature equipped me with significant but not infinite patience

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And by the way you never know whether it’s a gremlin or a real alert. The way it goes now nobody from this forum will take the alarms serious. And if something happens the first question will be
„Why didn’t you stop the car when the warning light went on?“
It is sufficient that some harm is done to the engine or the automatic. This would be costly enough. Not to talk about a failure of the power steering while driving…
This is an important point. In my case I have been assuming that my left rear parking sensor is faulty since it constantly emits a proximity alert while reversing. But this evening it is silent and 'behaving'. Or is it? Next time it gives a proximity alert should I ignore it and risk reversing into a lamp-post?!

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I took it back to JT Hughes in the first half hour when the Yellow transmission failure light came on.
The contacted Ineos immediately who told them it was many of the software warnings coming up on delivered vehicles. Ineos said nothing to worry about and software update coming in next couple of months.
Had no more problems until today!
Distance sell does apply to all us new UK owners and we have are full rights as far as I have been told. Ineos warned of this.:mad:
Very disappointing if it takes a couple of months for the software update to be released. It leaves affected owners with vehicles that potentially can’t be trusted or in one case, a wailing alarm.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just can’t get my head around why vehicles are being handed over knowing a software up date is needed and will be available in a month or two. Beggars belief ! 🤔

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just can’t get my head around why vehicles are being handed over knowing a software up date is needed and will be available in a month or two. Beggars belief ! 🤔
The positive of this discussion, we now know the software version the vehicles are running. I for one won't accept my IG until I know it has a later version.

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The positive of this discussion, we now know the software version the vehicles are running. I for one won't accept my IG until I know it has a later version.
I respect your stance but I don’t know if a reported software issue with a few vehicles would be grounds to not fulfil your contractual obligations. These software gremlins are concerning but it would be good to know the numbers affected.

DDG

Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
I can’t help but think “and there it goes! A massive failure”. I’m not sure there is a way to get back out in front of this for Ineos. So incredibly sad and disappointing. Their only option is “nuclear”…start over.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
I can’t help but think “and there it goes! A massive failure”. I’m not sure there is a way to get back out in front of this for Ineos. So incredibly sad and disappointing. Their only option is “nuclear”…start over.
Massive over-reaction to inevitable teething issues.

Respect to those currently doing Ineos' R&D for them. Hold your nerve.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
and i'd hazard a guess that these problems are symptomatic of the 1.8 million km of testing (and all the demo drives) having been done with many of the instrumentation nerve-endings turned off...

Back
Top Bottom