The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:37 PM
Reaction score
I’ve had my vehicle for one week and a host of warning messsges from time to time, the most common being the tyre pressure warning despite adding or removing air. Mine refused to start on day 2 , then mysteriously worked after being left for 15 mins ( that was a dealer tip ) which meant I had to call breakdown and tell them not to bother actually coming. Then my PDC went mental when I pulled up too close to the vehicle in front in slow moving traffic and I had to drive home for 45 mins with the parking sensor sound going. Tried to reset it twice on the way back by parking up, taking the key out and locking the doors but the parking sensors didn’t stop sounding. The wife went nuts!! Come on Inios… get your sh1t together!! Still love it though😀
my shutting th
You need to reset the TPMS on the car information screen where you see the tire values. Set the correct pressure values and then reset the TPMS to those values. That should stop the TPMS messages.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Yes, took it out of the garage, all good, popped back into the house for a few mins to collect a few things, got back to the car, starter motor was good but it wouldn’t fire up. I tried several times, even let the wife have a go, thinking I might have done something stupid, but no it wouldn’t start!! Locked it, Left it for 15 minutes, all fine!!
From what the dealer said I don’t think it was the first time it had happened!
That sounds like something to look forward to!!! :sneaky:

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a default loom and functionality in vehicles at the moment. There is often commonality across models within a manufacturer, but a new entrant is going to have to bespoke an interface to the systems they have bought in and get them all to talk to each other; which is no mean feat. Even Android for Vehicles needs tailoring for different platforms.

Ineos probably made their life easier by picking the BMW engine, ZF gearbox and iDrive pointer as they work together elsewhere, but the transfer box functionality and offroad systems still needed to be added.
Just think about the complexity of the 10 gears ZF automatic gearbox. It can be used from 6 to 10 gears, depending on the programming and the requirements. I drove it in a Ford Ranger with all 10 gears used....bad. You can't get a smooth ride as it is switching gears permanently.

However, it is not just plugging things together, there is a lot of effort and experience necessary to align all components to get a good, smooth and desired result. That applies even more as more complex technology is used.

The only question I ask myself why Ineos didn't stick to their own initial idea to keep everything of not essentially necessary technology out?

Did they fear to loose market attractiveness?

AWo

Reactions: PBD
Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
these complaints are a brutal blow. ineos can't even get their limited amount of electronics used to work correctly.........fvk me dead.

yes, most fanboyz won't stop swallowing the juice until their car is in the shop an extended period of time or told they have to pay for the repair.

if I wanted this type of bs I would buy a new rover. at least with the rover the first 2 weeks would be clean.

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There are people on this Forum, who accept these malfunctions as normality. They are not normal and we should kick up holy hell to ensure they are rectified. The excuse that there is a software fix is unacceptable. The vehicle should not have come to market with AMBER faults. My guess, is that the parent company said, we need revenue get them out there.

Also, the excuse that the company is new is also unacceptable, especially when it's a £70k vehicle. I have noticed the flip price on Autotrader has dropped to what a new vehicle would cost and most of them are not 0 mileage cars. What does that tell me - people are unhappy and getting out while they can. There are now 19 of them for sale.

Items such as Power Steering Fault are down right dangerous and should not be signed off. If the vehicle had a UK MOT, my guess with these warning lights appearing it would fail.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
yes, most fanboyz won't stop swallowing the juice until their car is in the shop an extended period of time or told they have to pay for the repair.
As a reservation holder, how much juice are you on?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
That's a very good point, and I believe that you are correct.
I believe the same case in Victoria, Australia. Vehicle would not pass a roadworthy test with these warning lights showing. Almost impossible to sell such a new vehicle without providing the buyer a roadworthy certificate.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There are people on this Forum, who accept these malfunctions as normality. They are not normal and we should kick up holy hell to ensure they are rectified. The excuse that there is a software fix is unacceptable. The vehicle should not have come to market with AMBER faults. My guess, is that the parent company said, we need revenue get them out there.

Also, the excuse that the company is new is also unacceptable, especially when it's a £70k vehicle. I have noticed the flip price on Autotrader has dropped to what a new vehicle would cost and most of them are not 0 mileage cars. What does that tell me - people are unhappy and getting out while they can. There are now 19 of them for sale.

Items such as Power Steering Fault are down right dangerous and should not be signed off. If the vehicle had a UK MOT, my guess with these warning lights appearing it would fail.
Completely agree, they probably wouldn't pass a UK MOT and would therefore fall into the category "unroadworthy"
Interesting if a new vehicle was MOTed, subsequently failed then what would the IA publicity machine have to say.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just think about the complexity of the 10 gears ZF automatic gearbox. It can be used from 6 to 10 gears, depending on the programming and the requirements. I drove it in a Ford Ranger with all 10 gears used....bad. You can't get a smooth ride as it is switching gears permanently.

However, it is not just plugging things together, there is a lot of effort and experience necessary to align all components to get a good, smooth and desired result. That applies even more as more complex technology is used.

The only question I ask myself why Ineos didn't stick to their own initial idea to keep everything of not essentially necessary technology out?

Did they fear to loose market
INEOS is using ZF 8 speed not 10 speed. I have the same 8 speed in my Jaguar, it is seemless

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Items such as Power Steering Fault are down right dangerous and should not be signed off. If the vehicle had a UK MOT, my guess with these wa'trning lights appearing it would fail.
Interesting enough.. about 12 or more months ago I said to my better half.. 'there's no way Ineos will release these vehicles without being top notch and everything sorted, they can't afford to get a bad reputation as a start up'... oh well.... we don't discuss this at present and I'm still hoping things will improve.. fanboy loyalty perhaps as I've following this from the start.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting enough.. about 12 or more months ago I said to my better half.. 'there's no way Ineos will release these vehicles without being top notch and everything sorted, they can't afford to get a bad reputation as a start up'... oh well.... we don't discuss this at present and I'm still hoping things will improve.. fanboy loyalty perhaps as I've following this from the start.
I said the same thing to my wife, and now in automotive technical jargon - "it's going tits up"
What a difference a year makes..

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anstonishingly - when I discussed the order with my spouse, I was indeed expecting all sort of issues. - That was the reason why I placed my order past Aufenau event and there were a lot of warning lights in in the test vehicle. As an IT guy I know that most issues in vehicles are not physical items - in that topic Ineos got an (almost) best possible selection of components. I did explicitly write almost . because a few things aren't best of breed, @Jean Mercier reported a few flaws..
But the reason why I ordered just before the rise of prices was exactly because of issues to be expected in Software and initial production quality. I am not the one who must have everything brand new as "first" owner.. -
So I think the issues will be resolved but it will take a while.. so I assume the banana is a litte bit more edible and not green anymore the time I get mine.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Completely agree, they probably wouldn't pass a UK MOT and would therefore fall into the category "unroadworthy"
The unroadworthy element is covered under separate legislation and it would be interesting to know if these faults, either singularly or in total, meet the standard to be categorised as such.

I don't know, but reading around the subject, I would take the view they don't. There would need to actually be a physical fault to be unroadworthy. However, if I was stopped at the roadside and the examiner said "if it wouldn't pass an MOT, it shouldn't be on the road", then I'd find it hard to disagree with that logic.

"The Road Traffic Act 1988 makes it illegal for any person (including private individuals) to sell, offer to sell or supply, and expose for sale an unroadworthy vehicle. If you have a vehicle on your forecourt that is unsafe or unroadworthy you could be committing a criminal offence."

" a motor vehicle or trailer is in an unroadworthy condition if—
(a)it is in such a condition that the use of it on a road in that condition would be unlawful by virtue of any provision made by regulations under section 41 of this Act as respects—
(i)brakes, steering gear or tyres, or
(ii)the construction, weight or equipment of vehicles, or
(iii)the maintenance of vehicles, their parts and accessories in such a condition that no danger is or is likely to be caused"

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Sucks to have to live under the stern eye of a MOT
None where I live.
Most accidents here are tourist and alcohol related.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sucks to have to live under the stern eye of a MOT
None where I live.
Most accidents here are tourist and alcohol related.
Tourists are of a lesser issue. Alcohol is a topic plus significant speeding or overestimating own ability if fatal cause.

Back
Top Bottom