The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
Well I’ve just had a software gremlin! Just came back from a spin around the country lanes and pulled across a fairly narrow road to back into my driveway, stuck the front end of the Grenadier into the long vegetation on the bank , parking sensors going berserk! much as I tried it would not go into reverse or drive. The guy behind me in a truck patiently waiting as I happened to know him. Switched engine off 3 times and still couldn’t engage reverse or drive and completely blocking the road. Fourth time lucky start engine turn parking sensors off and into reverse it went and back up into the driveway. 😳

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Did you try to engage off road mode? Isn’t that supposed to disable the parking sensors and such?

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you try to engage off road mode? Isn’t that supposed to disable the parking sensors and such?
Didn’t try that in the heat of the moment but there is a button to press to turn off sensors. A bit embarrassing really I had visions of calling the AA then the whole village coming out to laugh at my predicament 😂

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I’ve just had a software gremlin! Just came back from a spin around the country lanes and pulled across a fairly narrow road to back into my driveway, stuck the front end of the Grenadier into the long vegetation on the bank , parking sensors going berserk! much as I tried it would not go into reverse or drive. The guy behind me in a truck patiently waiting as I happened to know him. Switched engine off 3 times and still couldn’t engage reverse or drive and completely blocking the road. Fourth time lucky start engine turn parking sensors off and into reverse it went and back up into the driveway. 😳
wow. did you do something different on the 4th time compared with the 3 before. I.e turned the sensors off? And if so, where is the button for that? tks

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Checks vehicle configuration - front parking sensors - delete option - tick - move on nothing to see...

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I feel your pain Logsplitter, there is nothing worse than having something like that happen, especially the first time and whilst blocking the road and a spectator.

Bit different in a car park or on a track to problem solve, but IF it happens again I am sure the off road button or DCPU’s remedy will come in useful.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
wow. did you do something different on the 4th time compared with the 3 before. I.e turned the sensors off? And if so, where is the button for that? tks
I’ve tried out in the same situation again with sensors turned off and all OK. Sensor switch is at bottom right by gear selector 😎

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
I’ve tried out in the same situation again with sensors turned off and all OK. Sensor switch is at bottom right by gear selector 😎
Interesting, did you try and repeat the fault doing exactly the same (with sensors on)? Was it a one off and couldn't repeat it or kept on doing it.. maybe it's something in that particular circumstance that needs a fix and reporting to I.A.?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting, did you try and repeat the fault doing exactly the same (with sensors on)? Was it a one off and couldn't repeat it or kept on doing it.. maybe it's something in that particular circumstance that needs a fix and reporting to I.A.?
I need to try and replicate the circumstances in a different location so don’t end up blocking the road off. When I tried second time I turned of park assist sensors before I stuck the front end into the undergrowth and no problem then going from drive into reverse. Don’t really want to get stuck across the road again as the Grenadier completely blocks it.

Local time
Reaction score
The whole electrical issue might be a really critical problem for ineos. Even on my test drive the sensors for off road weren’t working on the prototype model. And they assured me it would work on the production. By now if it hasn’t been fixed and you guys are having issues. It might be the issue of off the shelf components from partners and not developed in house. Theirs obviously some kind of miscommunication and code that is broken and setting off these errors. From what the suppliers gave and what is combined into the central computer. Does the grenadier have over the air updates? Or does it have to be brought to the dealer? Classic British cars… am I right? Lol

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The whole electrical issue might be a really critical problem for ineos. Even on my test drive the sensors for off road weren’t working on the prototype model. And they assured me it would work on the production. By now if it hasn’t been fixed and you guys are having issues. It might be the issue of off the shelf components from partners and not developed in house. Theirs obviously some kind of miscommunication and code that is broken and setting off these errors. From what the suppliers gave and what is combined into the central computer. Does the grenadier have over the air updates? Or does it have to be brought to the dealer? Classic British cars… am I right? Lol
Definitely not British. If it was American it wouldn’t even move as it would be full of doghnuts and excuses not to move.
Built in Hambach, France with a German engine, engineered in Austria by Magna Steyr, who are ostensibly German.
The only British part is the idea and the money (and you could argue that, as Sir Jim is in tax exile).
So go figure…..

Reactions: JOB
Local time
Reaction score
Definitely not British. If it was American it wouldn’t even move as it would be full of doghnuts and excuses not to move.
Built in Hambach, France with a German engine, engineered in Austria by Magna Steyr, who are ostensibly German.
The only British part is the idea and the money (and you could argue that, as Sir Jim is in tax exile).
So go figure…..
lol I suppose the screen is and main cpu is from BMW? Still there all car companies do partner up in some way or another. Considering the same engine is used in at least 4 other brands. Anyway I think the issue lies in components not working seamlessly together. Grenadier has half of the computers of a normal car. But still half of those computers I guess can go wrong.. yikes.

richardknight

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had my vehicle for one week and a host of warning messsges from time to time, the most common being the tyre pressure warning despite adding or removing air. Mine refused to start on day 2 , then mysteriously worked after being left for 15 mins ( that was a dealer tip ) which meant I had to call breakdown and tell them not to bother actually coming. Then my PDC went mental when I pulled up too close to the vehicle in front in slow moving traffic and I had to drive home for 45 mins with the parking sensor sound going. Tried to reset it twice on the way back by parking up, taking the key out and locking the doors but the parking sensors didn’t stop sounding. The wife went nuts!! Come on Inios… get your sh1t together!! Still love it though😀
my shutting th

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wouldn’t start!?

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that Ineos unknowingly hired some former LR electrical and computer engineers who then went crazy mad at Ineos for producing such a fine looking vehicle. Find them and send them anywhere but America.

richardknight

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, took it out of the garage, all good, popped back into the house for a few mins to collect a few things, got back to the car, starter motor was good but it wouldn’t fire up. I tried several times, even let the wife have a go, thinking I might have done something stupid, but no it wouldn’t start!! Locked it, Left it for 15 minutes, all fine!!
From what the dealer said I don’t think it was the first time it had happened!

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
I am of the opinion that Ineos unknowingly hired some former LR electrical and computer engineers who then went crazy mad at Ineos for producing such a fine looking vehicle. Find them and send them anywhere but America.
Or maybe used the same people who produced the.....dare I say...... 'mighty configurator'... (I know I'm not the only one with a wicked sense of humour thinking that...) :ROFLMAO:

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve had my vehicle for one week and a host of warning messsges from time to time, the most common being the tyre pressure warning despite adding or removing air. Mine refused to start on day 2 , then mysteriously worked after being left for 15 mins ( that was a dealer tip ) which meant I had to call breakdown and tell them not to bother actually coming. Then my PDC went mental when I pulled up too close to the vehicle in front in slow moving traffic and I had to drive home for 45 mins with the parking sensor sound going. Tried to reset it twice on the way back by parking up, taking the key out and locking the doors but the parking sensors didn’t stop sounding. The wife went nuts!! Come on Inios… get your sh1t together!! Still love it though😀
my shutting th

congrats ineos. you're well on your way to replicating both the good and bad of anything rover at a price point that's higher.

Back
Top Bottom