The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What Rocksliders / Side Steps did you choose

DrAngler

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:20 PM
Reaction score
Good morning :)

I have been driving my Grenadier for about 3 weeks, and with my dad and kids i think its time to add some rock sliders with side step options lol.

I went to Overland Expo East and saw a couple of options in person. But most items are still online… so it is hard to judge.

From looking st different options i am really liking the black sheep sliders with side step option. Except for the price😂

My criteria are that they will function as sliders as i am a newbie and certain to make mistakes 😂 but still need side steps to help my dad get in the vehicle…

What did you choose and why? If you dont mind sharing.

Any photos?

Thanks
Gabe

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
Good morning,
I don't think you can go wrong with Black Sheep, all their stuff looks amazing. I chose Buzz Overland sliders. I like that they are made of stainless. I have scratched them up and don't have to worry about rust. Shipping times are pretty long for Buzz products. Also some of us had damage to the mounting portion from shipping. I am sure they have sorted that by now. If I was to do this over, I would still consider Buzz.
IMG_6448.JPG

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
My car has a Nov.2024 arrival date. I already purchased lots of stuff in a pile in my garage.
In Mat 24, I bought the Urban UK side steps. They sell them out of Tennessee which cancels the VAT. $1350 + tax Instead of the all black you can get stainless on the steps for the same money. The quality is high the price was fantastic.
This is a pay less and get more purchase.

Attachments

• UrbanUK.jpg
    UrbanUK.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 17

NorthShale

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got the Urban Sidesteps (dual bars) from BMP Tuning after calling to confirm they were a direct fit. $1349.00 no tax, no shipping. They came in three days in perfect condition and we installed in about 20 minutes. Two people to hold and bolt. Super simple. They are a game changer and for me the right choice. Love them.

DrAngler

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Good morning,
I don't think you can go wrong with Black Sheep, all their stuff looks amazing. I chose Buzz Overland sliders. I like that they are made of stainless. I have scratched them up and don't have to worry about rust. Shipping times are pretty long for Buzz products. Also some of us had damage to the mounting portion from shipping. I am sure they have sorted that by now. If I was to do this over, I would still consider Buzz.
View attachment 7872920

Yes i saw those. I did order a couple of things from Buzz and waiting for their arrival to see quality in person. I also ordered the glare protector from black sheep to see whst they are like. And in florida… well… glare and i drive alot.

Thank you

My car has a Nov.2024 arrival date. I already purchased lots of stuff in a pile in my garage.
In Mat 24, I bought the Urban UK side steps. They sell them out of Tennessee which cancels the VAT. $1350 + tax Instead of the all black you can get stainless on the steps for the same money. The quality is high the price was fantastic.
This is a pay less and get more purchase.

I did not know about these. Thank you for that.
Congrats on the new purchase. I will tell you, i was a bit worried when i got my Grenadier. I have only had problems with my 2 BMWs, horrible. But this is wow so far. I think the toyota / bmw collab hit the engine out of the park. I had a Landcruiser 250 hybrid and this Grenadier is getting same mpg 😂😂

That landcruiser was such a let down:( nothing like old ones or 70 series.

Sliders / steps are defintely the next item nexessary. So many things and goodies to add but this is the priority as my daily driver.

Thanks for feedback

DrAngler

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I got the Urban Sidesteps (dual bars) from BMP Tuning after calling to confirm they were a direct fit. $1349.00 no tax, no shipping. They came in three days in perfect condition and we installed in about 20 minutes. Two people to hold and bolt. Super simple. They are a game changer and for me the right choice. Love them.
I wilk check them out. Thank you 👍🏼

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got the Buzz Overlands as I like that it's stainless steel. And they look pretty good on the Grenny.

Walter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered Buzz rocksliders from OK4WD in early September for the next batch and expect to receive them sometime in December.

Local time
Reaction score
Love the White Knuckle. If you plan to use them as sliders, make sure they aren’t just a tubular step. There are a few options for these. Flat. With top plate. Angled.

Attachments

• IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2202.jpeg
    IMG_2202.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 7

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:20 AM
Reaction score
I fitted ABNTR4x4 rock sliders, after a recommendation from @wakeo. Pictures are from Wakeo's car here.

Because they are:
  1. rocks sliders;
  2. also act as a half step;
  3. fit really close to the car, replacing the OEM trim;
  4. have more clearance than any other slider I have seen; and
  5. they look great.
They are buy once, cry once, but I never regretted the decision - it was the right one for me. I was hesitant and Wakeo gave a strong recommendation and he was right.

img_8453-jpg.7852526

img_8454-jpg.7852527

img_8451-jpg.7852524

My car
full

I had to make some minor mods for Australian use, discussed here. Wakeo did not have this issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom