The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Advice For Seeing Better While Driving

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:19 PM
Reaction score
I don’t know which sub-forum this should be in but this foum says “Steering” and that’s the closest I could find. I hope this isn’t a dumb question. If it is, just pretend it isn’t ;)

I’m petite and short — 5’4”. And I wish I could see a bit better, mostly through the rear view. I have the ladder and I understand the ladder and spare obscure the view no matter what. And I’m used to some of that bc of my 2 former Discos 1&2 and my LR3. In those cars I removed the rear seat head rests and that helps a bit.

In some other thread it was mentioned that it’s a good thing to make the driver seat higher. Why? Does that help with visibility or is that for something else? What about one of those wider rear view mirrors? Or something else…?

It might be something I just need to live with but thought I’d ask in case there’s something I’m not thinking of.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
I don’t know which sub-forum this should be in but this foum says “Steering” and that’s the closest I could find. I hope this isn’t a dumb question. If it is, just pretend it isn’t ;)

I’m petite and short — 5’4”. And I wish I could see a bit better, mostly through the rear view. I have the ladder and I understand the ladder and spare obscure the view no matter what. And I’m used to some of that bc of my 2 former Discos 1&2 and my LR3. In those cars I removed the rear seat head rests and that helps a bit.

In some other thread it was mentioned that it’s a good thing to make the driver seat higher. Why? Does that help with visibility or is that for something else? What about one of those wider rear view mirrors? Or something else…?

It might be something I just need to live with but thought I’d ask in case there’s something I’m not thinking of.
Maybe one of those camera mirrors from Wolf would suit?

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
I would definitely get a wolfbox. It was one of the first things I installed. Also eliminates blind spots pretty much as the camera angle is quite wide.

Attachments

• IMG_0813.jpeg
    IMG_0813.jpeg
    350 KB · Views: 7

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:19 PM
Reaction score
The wolfbox camera will help a lot. You do lose viewing via the rear view mirror.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Clip on wider mirrors work well for me, you can see the tailgaters. I basically have zero vision past the cargo barrier and what I've strapped to it, let alone the ladder and spare wheel.
Over time your senses adapt to poor direct rear vision. You can then drive large trailers and real trucks and vans with confidence 😀
1000022399.jpg

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In some other thread it was mentioned that it’s a good thing to make the driver seat higher. Why? Does that help with visibility or is that for something else?
Sitting as high as you can and if so having spacers added to go even higher has been spoken about on here, it gives you a better perspective, especially of the front end of the vehicle...seeing each corner helps so much for tight maneuvers, parking and off-road...also sitting higher changes where my left foot rests...I rarely use the footrest because the seat is almost right back (y)

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sitting as high as you can and if so having spacers added to go even higher has been spoken about on here but it gives you a better perspective especially the front end of the vehicle...seeing each corner helps so much off-road...also sitting high for changes were your feet rest...I don't use the footrest because the seat is right back (y)
Mostly this....

Moving the seat higher will improve the angle at which you view the rear view mirror, giving you a slight improvement in view. If you want to be able to see more from it, the WolfBox (or similar) is the way to go.

Depending on where you sit currently, moving the seat higher may improve being able to visualize each corner of the front fender (ahem, wing for our British members) which is immensely helpful for both parking and avoiding trees or rocks off road

Back
Top Bottom