The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Testing a Grenadier

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I am a new member here since last night. :)

I have been studying the Grenadier and finally got the chance to drive one for a couple of hours last week - Station Wagon gasoline. It was 90% on road.
And then did a few 8s in the dealerships parking lot with a Diesel.

To put in context, I am currently driving a 2020 Defender 240S Diesel 2 liter 250HP.
With that in mind, the gasoline Grenadier felt incredibly lazy and underpowered (on the road), especially when starting from stop.
Then on the highway on the way back it felt ok-ish going back and forth 90 to 130.

I always thought that 2liter 250HP was not enough for the size of a Defender and was convinced that 3liter gasoline should be perfect, yet...
Am I missing something?
And second observation, the steering was quite discombobulating, as all reviews say. However the dealership had installed on one car some sort of gyzmo that you normally put on motorcycles and that made it 100% ok IMHO.
Going to try the Diesel next week.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score

I have been studying the Grenadier and finally got the chance to drive one for a couple of hours last week - Station Wagon gasoline. It was 90% on road.

To put in context, I am currently driving a 2020 Defender 240S Diesel 2 liter 250HP.
With that in mind, the gasoline Grenadier felt incredibly lazy and underpowered (on the road), especially when starting from stop.
Then on the highway on the way back it felt ok-ish going back and forth 90 to 130.

I always thought that 2liter 250HP was not enough for the size of a Defender and was convinced that 3liter gasoline should be perfect, yet...
Am I missing something?
And second observation, the steering was quite discombobulating, as all reviews say. However the dealership had installed on one car some sort of gyzmo that you normally put on motorcycles and that made it 100% ok IMHO.
Diesel is the pick IMO. Fuel economy alone will thank you! If you want the Grenadier to 0-100 in 7.5sec, not going to happen.

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Diesel is the pick IMO. Fuel economy alone will thank you! If you want the Grenadier to 0-100 in 7.5sec, not going to happen.
EXACTLY that was my feeling while driving around the parking lot with the Diesel for 5 mins, that's why I am going back next week to test one overnight.
Of course I am not expecting any miracle but it felt really lazy compared to the Defender. That does not mean I am not going to buy one anyway :)

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score

Am I missing something?
It’s not built to be quick off the line - just steady on the climb. What shocks me is more the even power delivery through all gears and rev bands. It’s just a grunt. That’s what it’s built to do and be. It just goes to work. People who want G’s off the line or sharp cornering should not buy one. Wrong set of criteria and missed expectations.

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:14 PM
Reaction score

Am I missing something?
Porsche 911 may be a good alternative. Lots of acceleration with the petrol engine and the steering is quite well combobulated.

Back
Top Bottom