The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:22 PM
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, no Facebook, twitter or whatever is the latest thing, just this. A phone is for ringing people not texting, i make so many mistakes typing on phone, having to delete and correct. I am very thankful for the people that put their time into creating this website and have absolutely no idea how they did it, but well done & thank you. 👏
Learning emoji's so not always sure I've got it right, just know not to use an aubergine or is it egg plant in USA?
Thank you!! I thought I was the only one. The texting part is sooooooo true. I had to learn and adapt to that as my kids are now grown and it seems sometimes that’s the only way to communicate with them. We still have our weekly lunches (so grateful they want to see me weekly still, 😁), but if I want to hear from them quick or just to say hi, you got to text! Man I miss when they were children and needed pops for so much more. It literally only seems like yesterday they were riding on my back pretending to be a cowboy and me their horse. Anyone with kids will know this to be the most true statement in any country, “your kids grow up into adults so fast, almost in a blink of an eye”!

Sorry moderators, I will stay on topic this time, 😉, and sorry to make this post longer but true story. Today I wanted to check out the start/stop function and test out what others have posted. I usually have the A/C on recirculating & #2 fan speed at least (I’m in Louisiana it’s usually hot & humid), but turned it off to see if it would engage more. So went into a store and ran into an old friend so we chatted for a while then he wanted to check out the Grenny (like lots do and he loved it as well). So maybe my mind went blank for a bit, but when I went to leave and started it up it was hot as hell inside so I tried to turn the fan speed and cold degree up but nothing blowing. I swear I was like ok I’ve been the biggest proponent for this vehicle on this forum and claiming zero issues and now I got one and was just about to text Trevor’s cell (the service manager at my dealership) and as I was typing up the text my mind kicked back in and I remembered I turned the A/C off. So turned it back on and bam problem resolved. I know, but hey I am getting older in age, but that’s what I did in my Grenadier today …….🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:22 PM
Reaction score
Went to the most westerly point of the UK

IMG_5482.jpeg
IMG_5460.jpeg
0E98797E-110A-4E1E-B579-B20592AEBDAB.jpeg

Local time
6:22 PM
Reaction score
Went out for a 30 minute drive. Car battery charged from 73% SOC to 80% and power station charged from 60% to 80% is a result. So far so good. It is a smart alternator. I think the key is to connect the negative lead to existing earthing point and not directly to the negative terminal which has a battery monitoring system attached.
Thank you for that info. I have one more question, you may not know but I will try...lol.. Is this a "universal" charger in the sense that I could use it to charge a bluetti? I know you can chose the voltage to bring it down to match the various ecoflow units, but if you broght it down to the 500 watts (as an example) can the solar connector cable(dont remember the name of the connector) could that be used with bluetti?

Also I did some google and found that the alternator is 250 amps, so this should be really good for this style charger as they say the charger shoulnt be more then a 1/3 of what your alternator can do. Does the unit get hot while charging? is it ok to keep under back seat or would it be better mounted to say one of the Bison molle racks that fit in the back where it would be open for cooling?

Thanks again, still deciding on which ecosystem I want to bite the bullet and invest in.

Back
Top Bottom