The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:16 PM
Reaction score
@IslandFalconer and others actually had the brilliance and then shared it.

Now if someone can rig up a sippy bird or Rube Goldberg contraption to tap FAV for ADAS ISA setting and then stab "OFF" at startup ... take my money.

Yesterday I bring my car to my dealer to have some issues fixed, software update, etc. It lend me a brand new grenadier with ADAS / ISA (...) OMG happy not to have it. It is just a nightmare. And when everything is switched off you have messages behing the steering wheel and on the main screen. It can't stop making noise and being wrong on the speeds limits. A real nightmare. Happy to have my "old grenadier" without this bunch of shit even if it is not specific to the grenadier!!

Dok

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not today... But yesterday ;)

At my dealer for some fixes, software updates, TMPS cloning, ... And another kind of toy on the way back!!

Attachments

• IMG_5521.jpg
    IMG_5521.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5535.jpg
    IMG_5535.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
@IslandFalconer and others actually had the brilliance and then shared it.

Now if someone can rig up a sippy bird or Rube Goldberg contraption to tap FAV for ADAS ISA setting and then stab "OFF" at startup ... take my money.
I didn’t want to start any arguments, I promise. I even gave you a thumbs up above. I was just curious and you answered. 👍

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Because car guys cut out all unecessary stuff and if needed improve the factory offering.
I've cut holes and modded the electrics and sleep well at night. It's my car ( not the bank's) after all!
Like I just stated above, wasn’t trying to start a big argument & hope this doesn’t turn into pages of people on both sides. I was only curious. Btw, you won’t find a more “car guy” than this guy right here! Check out the thread showing your personal fleet off, I have several and all but one customized/modded. I constantly modify almost every vehicle I buy, including my first Grenny, which is really modded out and probably canceled my warranty in several areas (tons of lights and a lot of cutting/slicing factory wiring, lift/larger tires so suspension, etc etc). So I do get it. Can’t someone just ask a simple why question without everyone jumping on either side of the fence? 🤷‍♂️

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I bring my car to my dealer to have some issues fixed, software update, etc. It lend me a brand new grenadier with ADAS / ISA (...) OMG happy not to have it. It is just a nightmare. And when everything is switched off you have messages behing the steering wheel and on the main screen. It can't stop making noise and being wrong on the speeds limits. A real nightmare. Happy to have my "old grenadier" without this bunch of shit even if it is not specific to the grenadier!!
If you only switch off the ADAS speed warning you get no warning messages behind the wheel

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
If you only switch off the ADAS speed warning you get no warning messages behind the wheel
But the damn thing still bongs at you every time the speed limit changes and every time you cross a painted lane line. It’s a solid axle truck that wants to wander a bit on the highway so lane line get encroached upon regularly. That and I have a home in the mountains, try driving mountain roads without crossing the lane line.

I’m waiting for the day when someone hacks into the code running this crap and we can turn it off.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:16 PM
Reaction score
But the damn thing still bongs at you every time the speed limit changes and every time you cross a painted lane line. It’s a solid axle truck that wants to wander a bit on the highway so lane line get encroached upon regularly. That and I have a home in the mountains, try driving mountain roads without crossing the lane line.

I’m waiting for the day when someone hacks into the code running this crap and we can turn it off.
The speed limit notice is a different setting that is persistent between ignition cycles

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome to the internet 😀 some people are easily triggered.
Just as well it's online 🫠
I have heard that many times, but it may hold true for me, the “welcome to the internet” part. I stated before somewhere on this forum, but I am not an internet/tech guy. This is the very 1st forum I have ever joined and especially communicated on. So I am learning. In person debating/arguing I can definitely hold my own, but on here I do feel like a kid learning to ride his bike. I’ll ease into it. I am just myself, no fake news with me. I do have to say for the most part everyone has their own opinions but are usually very welcoming. The only thing I don’t really get are the non-Grenadier owners who come on and are always bashing or negative towards the vehicle. Boggles my mind why even be here & can’t you see how many people own and love them? Look at all the up start vendors/businesses created just for the Grenadier. Also all the local town/country/city/ whatever you call your area in what country you live, get togethers with lots of people and Grenadiers!! They usually post pics on here and usually it’s more than I would have thought attending. Does the forum members have shirts saying “Grenadier lifer” if so I need several in different colors…….👍🙌

Reactions: CRH

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s the problem, they are all persistent and most trigger a yellow warning light when off. It isn’t a deal breaker but it is very annoying.
Persistent meaning if you turn it off it will not turn back on; unlike the speed warning and lane warning

vtgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I first experienced the speed limit sign recognition in a 2015 Volvo and thought it was the coolest thing... where I live, the limit can drop from 50 MPH to 25 MPH as you enter a village. I've been dinged twice, even though I rarely go 10 MPH over.

Now, I find myself frustrated by my vision. I can see fine just an arm's length away, but need readers to see the number on the center stack. So, learning that I can 'permanently' turn off the setting is most welcomed news.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I have heard that many times, but it may hold true for me, the “welcome to the internet” part. I stated before somewhere on this forum, but I am not an internet/tech guy. This is the very 1st forum I have ever joined and especially communicated on. So I am learning. In person debating/arguing I can definitely hold my own, but on here I do feel like a kid learning to ride his bike. I’ll ease into it. I am just myself, no fake news with me. I do have to say for the most part everyone has their own opinions but are usually very welcoming. The only thing I don’t really get are the non-Grenadier owners who come on and are always bashing or negative towards the vehicle. Boggles my mind why even be here & can’t you see how many people own and love them? Look at all the up start vendors/businesses created just for the Grenadier. Also all the local town/country/city/ whatever you call your area in what country you live, get togethers with lots of people and Grenadiers!! They usually post pics on here and usually it’s more than I would have thought attending. Does the forum members have shirts saying “Grenadier lifer” if so I need several in different colors…….👍🙌
Internet forums... A learning curve. Think of the Mr Men kids books.

Mr Dad joke, that's all he posts.

Mr Techie. Only ever writes about tech and posts frequent how to guides.

Mr Angry. Always up for an argument and will write 1000 words in his defence.

Mr Interloper. Only here to troll.

Mr Unhappy. Fixated about something, normally inconsequential like the colour of the glovebox lock. Repeats it everywhere.

Miss Chirpy. Knowing mostly males on the forum, but normally very knowledgeable.

Mr Slightly Cynical. That's me.

Mr Moderator. King of the jungle.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, no Facebook, twitter or whatever is the latest thing, just this. A phone is for ringing people not texting, i make so many mistakes typing on phone, having to delete and correct. I am very thankful for the people that put their time into creating this website and have absolutely no idea how they did it, but well done & thank you. 👏
Learning emoji's so not always sure I've got it right, just know not to use an aubergine or is it egg plant in USA?

Back
Top Bottom