The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:18 PM
Reaction score
BATTERY BOX LID GAS STRUT INSTALLED
The gas strut was installed today. The battery box lid, on my 2 seater Unity Wagon, is now so easy to open and close. Real easy, almost weightless.

We only needed to fit one strut - gassed at 50kg. I decided against a second. I wanted it mounted on the outside of the box, to keep it away from the aux battery and wiring.

I never knew there was a support to keep the lid up, until the installer showed me. When I picked up the car the dealer had put a plastic tie on the cargo barrier and I used that. Both can be seen in the image below.

Now I can mount the small Molle bags on the spare areas of the battery box's side, not taken by the gas strut.
Strut  IMG_9306.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
BATTERY BOX LID GAS STRUT INSTALLED
The gas strut was installed today. The battery box lid, on my 2 seater Unity Wagon, is now so easy to open and close. Real easy, almost weightless.

We only needed to fit one strut - gassed at 50kg. I decided against a second. I wanted it mounted on the outside of the box, to keep it away from the aux battery and wiring.

I never knew there was a support to keep the lid up, until the installer showed me. When I picked up the car the dealer had put a plastic tie on the cargo barrier and I used that. Both can be seen in the image below.

Now I can mount the small Molle bags on the spare areas of the battery box's side, not taken by the gas strut.
View attachment 7870438
I still prefer a small loop of string to keep mine open in a more upright position than factory supplied stay. Did you get that fitted at an Ineos dealer? The battery cover has a tamper proof seal that will need replacing.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did a 4wd course in Bowling Green Bay, North Queensland this weekend. Mainly sand driving - beach and dune driving techniques, recovery, plus some rock wall climbing. Lessons learnt -

1. Grenadier unmodified from factory is very capable and hard to get stuck.
2. The KO2 tyres are fabulous, and there is zero need to deflate on soft stuff, even on really soft sand.
3. It is fabulously easy and comfortable to drive over rough terrain including corrugations.
4. The Grenadier sails over many obstacles that will give Land Cruiser or Prado a hard time. Rock climbing in a Grenadier is very easy.
5. There is seldom need to use lockers in normal off-road driving, but they are incredibly useful for getting out of trouble.
6. There is no substitute for a decent 4wd driving course and learning to drive off-road properly from an expert.

Summary: Time and money well spent, both for the Grenadier in the first instance, and on the 4wd off-road skills course which confirmed how good a decision it was to buy one.
Recommendation: Ineos should send all buyers on a 4wd skills course prior to vehicle delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_2482.jpeg
    IMG_2482.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 64

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I still prefer a small loop of string to keep mine open in a more upright position than factory supplied stay. Did you get that fitted at an Ineos dealer? The battery cover has a tamper proof seal that will need replacing.
My battery seal was broken ages ago. I broke the seal when installing the BLE battery monitor, not the installer. It was worked on again when XHQ did some electrical work. I just ensure I put it back securely, to stop any short.

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that my passenger airbag was off. This certainly happened after my preventive maintenance service last week and/or after the software update.
@Logsplitter had the same experience some weeks ago. This is weird and dangerous (for the passenger). I am not used to look at the airbag lamps the whole time!

Today I tried to switch it on, by following the procedure I have used in the past (if I remember well), and as explained also in the post of @Tazzieman man below.
I had the same procedure on a "self-made" sticker in the car.

Step one is "engine on", etc.
It didn't work, the sliding button was blurred.

I tried again with "contact on" (engine off), and it worked.

Has the procedure been changed or do I have a bad memory?
Jean, no change in the procedure.
Ignition ON
but Engine OFF

e_k_powell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:18 PM
Reaction score
I notched out the corner of my Rival Engine skid so the front diff won’t hit it and installed White Knuckle Offroad sliders. These sliders are beefy for anyone that wants a solid slider and decent step. Also put in a he Diabolical cargo mid shelf but didn’t take photo. If you want a good cargo shelf and a cover for what is below, but don’t need the fancy drawer system it is very well built and 10 min install.

Attachments

• IMG_5975.jpeg
    IMG_5975.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5974.jpeg
    IMG_5974.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5972.jpeg
    IMG_5972.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5973.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 13

Wartowne

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Leveled her out with the 1.7" Eibach springs in front. Replaced the stock Bfg's and steelies with 285/75/17 BFG Ko3's and Nomad Sahara wheels. Zero rubbing in any condition. I know I said I wasn't going to lift at all, but after finding the availability of the Teraflex High angle Rzeppa kit, I decided to proceed. If Something happens to the joint, I can replace it in the field.

Freebie advice for replacing springs. Release your sway bar while level, then set ramps in opposing corners. Use your floor jack for max corner wheel flex and a strut spring compressor (free from Autozone) to compress the outgoing and incoming springs for a super easy install. No alignment adjustments were necessary for mine.

Replaced the center lights with Bajadesigns LP4's from www.specialtyperformanceparts.com. I was extremely disappointed to find that the factory only gave me 6 inches of a pigtail in the underhood aux wiring for Switch #5. There were a good many expletives used to articulate my frustration with Ineos in that regard.
I also installed the Fox steering dampener as sold by Agile Offroad, and promptly REMOVED it! I put the factory unit back on. The Fox unit lightens up the steering at low speed but is too light for high speed driving causing bump steer to be significant. The factory unit is a perfect balance to allow stable on road manners. Well done Ineos.
We absolutely love our Grenadier. Figured out the tire pressure and warning light systems. Always press the FAV button after startup to silence Speed warning, depress the Auto Start/Stop button, and press and hold MUTE to turn the dash off at night when in the woods. Running premium fuel only (93) and we get between 12 and 14 mpg.....14 is the absolute BEST we have seen. 75mph is average highway driving speed. Mostly highway. LOVE IT!

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0858.jpeg
    IMG_0858.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0855.jpeg
    IMG_0855.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0868.jpeg
    IMG_0868.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:18 PM
Reaction score
Leveled her out with the 1.7" Eibach springs in front. Replaced the stock Bfg's and steelies with 285/75/17 BFG Ko3's and Nomad Sahara wheels. Zero rubbing in any condition. I know I said I wasn't going to lift at all, but after finding the availability of the Teraflex High angle Rzeppa kit, I decided to proceed. If Something happens to the joint, I can replace it in the field.
Replaced the center lights with Bajadesigns LP4's from www.specialtyperformanceparts.com. I was extremely disappointed to find that the factory only gave me 6 inches of a pigtail in the underhood aux wiring for Switch #5. There were a good many expletives used to articulate my frustration with Ineos in that regard.
I also installed the Fox steering dampener as sold by Agile Offroad, and promptly REMOVED it! I put the factory unit back on. The Fox unit lightens up the steering at low speed but is too light for high speed driving causing bump steer to be significant. The factory unit is a perfect balance to allow stable on road manners. Well done Ineos.
We absolutely love our Grenadier. Figured out the tire pressure and warning light systems. Always press the FAV button after startup to silence Speed warning, depress the Auto Start/Stop button, and press and hold MUTE to turn the dash off at night when in the woods. Running premium fuel only (93) and we get between 12 and 14 mpg.....14 is the absolute BEST we have seen. 75mph is average highway driving speed. Mostly highway. LOVE IT!
Did you use a kit to install the LP4s or you just sorted it out on your own?

e_k_powell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Freebie advice for replacing springs. Release your sway bar while level, then set ramps in opposing corners. Use your floor jack for max corner wheel flex and a strut spring compressor (free from Autozone) to compress the outgoing and incoming springs for a super easy install. No alignment adjustments were necessary for mine.

I like it. I thought about doing the springs upfront. I like a little bit of rake front to rear but not the 2” OEM. I wished I could just find a 1” coil spring spacer for the front.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't done it but i'm going to go and listen to new speakers this weekend and install into the factory locations. I'll probably get rid of the JBL sub and get a different sub as well.

Local time
1:48 PM
Reaction score
I did a 4wd course in Bowling Green Bay, North Queensland this weekend. Mainly sand driving - beach and dune driving techniques, recovery, plus some rock wall climbing. Lessons learnt -

1. Grenadier unmodified from factory is very capable and hard to get stuck.
2. The KO2 tyres are fabulous, and there is zero need to deflate on soft stuff, even on really soft sand.
3. It is fabulously easy and comfortable to drive over rough terrain including corrugations.
4. The Grenadier sails over many obstacles that will give Land Cruiser or Prado a hard time. Rock climbing in a Grenadier is very easy.
5. There is seldom need to use lockers in normal off-road driving, but they are incredibly useful for getting out of trouble.
6. There is no substitute for a decent 4wd driving course and learning to drive off-road properly from an expert.

Summary: Time and money well spent, both for the Grenadier in the first instance, and on the 4wd off-road skills course which confirmed how good a decision it was to buy one.
Recommendation: Ineos should send all buyers on a 4wd skills course prior to vehicle delivery.
It is good to see the 4x4 course was helpful, and agree the Ineos in most cases make what would be difficult obstacles to lesser 4x4s seem easy, but point 2. is wrong, you absolutely do need to deflate your tyres on really soft sand.

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
Congratulations with your visit to the factory. I hope you enjoyed it.
I had the chance to do the same more than one year ago!
It was absolutely phenomenal. The amount of effort for things like the contrast roof, and the pride the workers take in building the Grenadier was impressive. Also quite amazing to see that Station wagon/Quarter Master, LHD/RHD, Euro/US, Petrol/Diesel are all built at the exact same time on the same line

For you Stateside to-be owners with QMs on order (I'm looking at you @ADVAW8S ) we saw several very early US bound QMs already built. Whether those are for customers or dealers, I'm not sure, but they were QMs with US bumpers and LHD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
It was absolutely phenomenal. The amount of effort for things like the contrast roof, and the pride the workers take in building the Grenadier was impressive. Also quite amazing to see that Station wagon/Quarter Master, LHD/RHD, Euro/US, Petrol/Diesel are all built at the exact same time on the same line

For you Stateside to-be owners with QMs on order (I'm looking at you @ADVAW8S ) we saw several very early US bound QMs already built. Whether those are for customers or dealers, I'm not sure, but they were QMs with US bumpers and LHD
Although I had been in quite some factories in my former consulting job (before retiring), I was also surprised by the flexibility of the production process. Even in the painting cabin, three consecutive cars can have 3 different colors!

And yes - and I speak French - I felt and heard a lot of pride and dedication of the factory workers I could talk to!
And gratitude for Jim Ratcliffe, who saved their job!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Let's hope. I spoke to my dealer yesterday about demo to drive as he stated fall. He said end of October. He called me back the next day saying the demo are delayed until December. Maybe these are for us instead of demo.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Although I had been in quite some factories in my former consulting job (before retiring), I was also surprised by the flexibility of the production process. Even in the painting cabin, three consecutive cars can have 3 different colors!

And yes - and I speak French - I felt and heard a lot of pride and dedication of the factory workers I could talk to!
And gratitude for Jim Ratcliffe, who saved their job!

Great take away and nice to hear and appreciate as an owner.

Whether it is a passion project for Jim Ratcliffe or not I am sure he and other high up executives can take pride in knowing what those workers feel about them.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Not sure if I would get a QM in the future but I am still looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Any chance we can track those trucks like some did for the first shipments almost a year ago?

Back
Top Bottom