The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Exactly. I wonder why the different specs. I believe the engines are the same.
Important to remember that oil spec doesn't exactly qualify a viscosity specifically. It may suggest a viscosity, but it doesn't mean that all (or even most) of the oils of that viscosity meet the required specification. In certain regions there may be a more commonly found oil viscosity that meets the spec than in others (not all brands are available globally), or, it may just be a typo :)

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
A friend of mine is a BMW certified tech. He used to work at a BMW dealership, then an independent Porsche shop in California and now another independent European auto shop. He said the US B58 oil spec used to be 5w/30 but it was recently changed to 0w/20 for fuel economy reasons. For the Grenadier he recommended going with 5w/30, doing a first oil and filter change at 500-1,000 miles and then every 5k after. Oil changes are much cheaper than an engine rebuild. BMW has a different target lifespan for the engine (likely 100-150k miles) than what I have (+250k) so I’ll be doing whatever I can to keep my engine healthy.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BMW has a different target lifespan for the engine (likely 100-150k miles) than what I have (+250k) so I’ll be doing whatever I can to keep my engine healthy.
For what it's worth... BMW's target is most likely far below that but I've never seen it in writing; Ineos has their own engine lifespan target which is more inline with your own expectation, and given those expectations, still decided upon 12k mile intervals and LL-17FE+ oil...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
Important to remember that oil spec doesn't exactly qualify a viscosity specifically. It may suggest a viscosity, but it doesn't mean that all (or even most) of the oils of that viscosity meet the required specification. In certain regions there may be a more commonly found oil viscosity that meets the spec than in others (not all brands are available globally), or, it may just be a typo :)
The oil supplied to me from Ineos Cape Town was 5W30 and that was used for my service at Ineos Kavongo in Maun , Botswana. I’ve had a service since in Cape Town before my vehicle was shipped back to the U.K. and I guess they used the same oil. Is it because ROW spec vehicles are euro4 spec whereas in Europe it’s euro6 🤔

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The oil supplied to me from Ineos Cape Town was 5W30 and that was used for my service at Ineos Kavongo in Maun , Botswana. I’ve had a service since in Cape Town before my vehicle was shipped back to the U.K. and I guess they used the same oil. Is it because ROW spec vehicles are euro4 spec whereas in Europe it’s euro6 🤔
Is there any difference in the engines delivered to different regions?

My oil choice is a top quality 5w30.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there any difference in the engines delivered to different regions?

My oil choice is a top quality 5w30.
Same engines but differences in emissions control equipment as I understand. Euro6 vehicles need low SAPS oil. or low emissions oil.

Nadir5

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Picked up my truck at the end of August - just got it back from an Xpel wrap and wheel powder coating. Supposedly picking up sliders “soon” (getting jerked around a bit by the supplier).

Heaps still to do - air compressor install, bolting on the few pieces of skid plating I got my hands on, and figuring out the Wolfbox install.

View attachment 7870374

Last edited:

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Drove to Club de Golf Alpin in Sainte Brigitte de Laval QC for a work/charity golf tournament benefiting the MS Society in Canada on Tuesday.

My cart partner was jokingly yelling at the other players “f**k Off, Grenadier Owner coming through” (in his French Canadian accent) as he drove me to my car when we finished our round 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_3043.jpeg
    IMG_3043.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3046.jpeg
    IMG_3046.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 22

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Today we went to Kasern in the Ahrntal in South Tyrol, at approx. 1600m/5250ft and it was 2°C/35°F. The village is the last one in this valley.

Snow was wet and slushy, not what you'd like to have for winter sports.

We stopped at the mining museum and took some photos.

20240914_110021.jpg20240914_110056.jpg20240914_110127.jpg20240914_110316.jpg20240914_110320.jpg

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What do you think of the Cimbair product? Tempted. Never liked seeing them on the Shogun or Land Cruiser, but could possibly be persuaded as not an overly expensive option should they not work for me.
I like them. They came in real useful today in the Yorkshire Dales with windows cracked open and plenty of fresh air on a windy day.
I like the fresh air so they work well in wet conditions also

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that my passenger airbag was off. This certainly happened after my preventive maintenance service last week and/or after the software update.
@Logsplitter had the same experience some weeks ago. This is weird and dangerous (for the passenger). I am not used to look at the airbag lamps the whole time!

Today I tried to switch it on, by following the procedure I have used in the past (if I remember well), and as explained also in the post of @Tazzieman man below.
I had the same procedure on a "self-made" sticker in the car.

Step one is "engine on", etc.
It didn't work, the sliding button was blurred.

I tried again with "contact on" (engine off), and it worked.

Has the procedure been changed or do I have a bad memory?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that my passenger airbag was off. This certainly happened after my preventive maintenance service last week and/or after the software update.
@Logsplitter had the same experience some weeks ago. This is weird and dangerous (for the passenger). I am not used to look at the airbag lamps the whole time!

Today I tried to switch it on, by following the procedure I have used in the past (if I remember well), and as explained also in the post of @Tazzieman man below.
I had the same procedure on a "self-made" sticker in the car.

Step one is "engine on", etc.
It didn't work, the sliding button was blurred.

I tried again with "contact on" (engine off), and it worked.

Has the procedure been changed or do I have a bad memory?
Sorry @Jean Mercier I can’t remember now whether I just had the ignition switch on or engine running. I just followed the procedure in the owners hand book.

Back
Top Bottom