The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
Just got back from several days at Rainbow Beach. Grenadier is simply... very good on sand and outperformed my brother's truck with bigger tires and clearance! However, cleaning a Grenadier is the most tedious task I have ever undertaken on a vehicle. To remove sand properly, it's a 2-hour task!!! There are so many ledges, nooks and crannies that it's nearly impossible to clean properly. For God's sake why is everything under the Gren "inverted" to HOLD sand.

Thankfully won't have to do this clean again for several months!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
Just got back from several days at Rainbow Beach. Grenadier is simply... very good on sand and outperformed my brother's truck with bigger tires and clearance! However, cleaning a Grenadier is the most tedious task I have ever undertaken on a vehicle. To remove sand properly, it's a 2-hour task!!! There are so many ledges, nooks and crannies that it's nearly impossible to clean properly. For God's sake why is everything under the Gren "inverted" to HOLD sand.

It's 2024
;)

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I've got this picture of you trobex like the princess and the pea, only you have one grain of fine sand under your left foot and the raised exhaust bump.

Good luck cleaning, something I do not excel at with my cars.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've got this picture of you trobex like the princess and the pea, only you have one grain of fine sand under your left foot and the raised exhaust bump.

Good luck cleaning, something I do not excel at with my cars.
I’m the same. I’ve got far better things to do than cleaning my vehicles every Sunday morning, as some I know do. I’ve still got plenty of Namib and Kalahari dust in mine. I prefer the used over the pristine look.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m the same. I’ve got far better things to do than cleaning my vehicles every Sunday morning, as some I know do. I’ve still got plenty of Namib and Kalahari dust in mine. I prefer the used over the pristine look.
Mine must be mechanically and electrically sound but due to the nature of my day to day farm track driving and dogs and pest control, hunting etc it would be a thankless task to clean it. De-salt wash after winter and the windows and lights are always cleaned. Wife hates the state of it but then it's not her car. She now has a new Lexus RX450h (new to her anyway) to keep shiny if she wants. I managed somehow to get her to part with what is likely the last LR (Range Rover) we will likely own, shame but it had the diesel Ingenium engine so had to go imho, timing chain was beginning to rattle.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I’m the same I always want it mechanically sound but not too fussed with cosmetic issues.
Horses for courses as they say. I’ve bought mine to use not to polish and look at. I remember some guys in Namibia asking why I would take a brand new vehicle over Van Zyles pass , my reply was that’s what I bought it for.

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Mine must be mechanically and electrically sound but due to the nature of my day to day farm track driving and dogs and pest control, hunting etc it would be a thankless task to clean it. De-salt wash after winter and the windows and lights are always cleaned. Wife hates the state of it but then it's not her car. She now has a new Lexus RX450h (new to her anyway) to keep shiny if she wants. I managed somehow to get her to part with what is likely the last LR (Range Rover) we will likely own, shame but it had the diesel Ingenium engine so had to go imho, timing chain was beginning to rattle.
I always loved the awesome misnomer of that power unit 😆
Despite having had six different models (still have the D90) I never ended up with one to have a personal opinion 🤔

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score

Here is a handy bath if you have one handy...as Tazzieman pointed out back in the day 70's we just headed to the creek crossing on the way home from Fraser Island [K'gari] but honestly these days...an old school bloke used to drive over and over a high pressured garden sprinkler...no matter what we did sand would still be falling out for a month or so...sand moves we it's dry (y)

Attachments

• Creek.jpg
    Creek.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 35

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
I arrived home today after one month... empty fuel ⛽️ , but still some fluid ...
View attachment 7862117
There is a ⛽🚉 at 500 m from my house 😉

After some month travelling in Eastern Europe, a lot of scratches and other non important damage on my car, but I enjoyed my 🚗

I can only assume that they want you to go to the nearest gas station - right away! :)

Gaffer

Production/Transit
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Got my Grenadier yesterday! Fieldmaster with locking differentials. Spent today coming up with completely unnecessary errands.

Quite satisfied so far. This steers more precisely than my two test drive vehicles. Parking and turning in small areas requires some focus but no worse than a pick-up. Acceleration is fully sufficient for on-ramps.

Mike at RDS was pleasant and helpfully responded to my questions.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More blue (in color - Victron and name - Blue Sea) goodies added today; still a work in progress and the wiring isn't secured in place on the panel, but getting closer... Maybe tomorrow will yield a large enough bit of progress to update the build thread PXL_20240702_211619153.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:09 AM
Reaction score
Picked up two loads of Vinyl floor planks
Not sure of the weight but around 25 kgs per box so I did it it two trips.
Around 400 kgs per trip and springs didn't sag and no changes to the feel at all.
Didn't want to overload the back of the rear seats.
Stacked a couple of timber offcuts in the back to raise them up to the same height as the rear seats.
Fit perfectly at 1500 mm long and 1000 mm wide.

1719970452708.png1719970475727.png1719970686363.png

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still awaiting the aux battery to arrive... but more accoutrements are joining in

This...
View attachment 7862047

Connects to this...
View attachment 7862048
Anand - can you kindly share how you ran the extension cord for your Noco inlet? I want to do the same so it’s easy to plug in at home or at the campsite for my Victron charger. Today I have to keep the rear driver side window open and plug into the Victron located charger under the rear bench…..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you share how you ran the extension cord for your Noco inlet? I want to do the same so it’s easy to plug in at home or at the campsite for my Victron charger. Today I have to keep the window open and plug into the Victron charger under the rear bench…..
I used the grommet in the LR (drivers side) rear wheel well.

I am using the Victron IP67 12/25 charger, originally was going to be mounted externally under the cargo area, but then I figured the space behind the taillight is just wasted interior space, so I may as well use it. It fits almost perfectly in there, and is held in place via 4 40lb pull magnets.

The grommet has two apertures that are sealed but can be cut open; I used the larger of the two, cut it flush with the grommet, used a bit of lubricant, and was able to get the NEMA5-15 (regular AC) plug through it. To seal the hole I used a good bit of TESA exterior tape to increase the diameter of the cable and pulled it through the grommet so it is tight, seems to seal well enough; once I'm done I'll give it an upward jet of water to see if any comes in, if it does I'll add some sealant.

FWIW, the other aperture I also cut open and ran a pair of 12AWG wires through for a future solar panel install

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More blue (in color - Victron and name - Blue Sea) goodies added today; still a work in progress and the wiring isn't secured in place on the panel, but getting closer... Maybe tomorrow will yield a large enough bit of progress to update the build thread View attachment 7862150
Love Victron. I had 1000w solar+ 600ahVictronLithium+3000VA MultiPlus in my camper. You have quite the power system and associated real estate allocation here for 2000W of power. How do you plan to leverage this platform / power output capability?
I used the grommet in the LR (drivers side) rear wheel well.

I am using the Victron IP67 12/25 charger, originally was going to be mounted externally under the cargo area, but then I figured the space behind the taillight is just wasted interior space, so I may as well use it. It fits almost perfectly in there, and is held in place via 4 40lb pull magnets.

The grommet has two apertures that are sealed but can be cut open; I used the larger of the two, cut it flush with the grommet, used a bit of lubricant, and was able to get the NEMA5-15 (regular AC) plug through it. To seal the hole I used a good bit of TESA exterior tape to increase the diameter of the cable and pulled it through the grommet so it is tight, seems to seal well enough; once I'm done I'll give it an upward jet of water to see if any comes in, if it does I'll add some sealant.

FWIW, the other aperture I also cut open and ran a pair of 12AWG wires through for a future solar panel install
Very helpful, thank you. I ended up with the Victron IP22 12/30A charger and fitted under the rear bench middle / above the hand brake cable. I will order the 5-15 inlet and plan for this approach. Very nice install, I was trying to think through where I would mount it…

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpeg
    IMG_1797.jpeg
    427.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    452.9 KB · Views: 36

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Love Victron. I had 1000w solar+ 600ahVictronLithium+3000VA MultiPlus in my camper. You have quite the power system and associated real estate allocation here for 2000W of power. How do you plan to leverage this platform / power output capability?
Our Sprinter has 440w solar (2 Victron MPPTs) + 700Ah LiFePO4, Multiplus 12/3000, 3x Orion 12/12-30 Chargers, Cerbo, Touch50, Battery Protect, lots of temp sensors, etc. so I've had a couple years to get somewhat fluent in Victron gear haha...

The inverter is only the Phoenix 12/1200, so 1200VA. Honestly I only went 1200VA over the 500VA (we had that one in our Tundra build) because I figured "why not" (and secretly I'd love to toss a mini microwave in here somewhere). Power will come from a Dakota Lithium 135Ah battery that should be here in the coming weeks (backordered until "early July").

I did see that they now have a Multiplus 12/1200, which includes an AC-DC charger and isn't much larger than the Phoenix 12/1200, but from what I saw that is backordered for a few months.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up two loads of Vinyl floor planks
Not sure of the weight but around 25 kgs per box so I did it it two trips.
Around 400 kgs per trip and springs didn't sag and no changes to the feel at all.
Didn't want to overload the back of the rear seats.
Stacked a couple of timber offcuts in the back to raise them up to the same height as the rear seats.
Fit perfectly at 1500 mm long and 1000 mm wide.

View attachment 7862152View attachment 7862153View attachment 7862154
Karndean is excellent flooring. I recommend it.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
Took my Gren out to the Coronado National Monument, where I used to work as a Border Patrol Agent (the Huachuca Mountains, south of Fort Huachuca, AZ and San Rafael Valley, south of Sonoita, AZ). I just wanted to drive and try out some features of my drone (vehicle tracking, POI orbit, etc. that I can't just do in my back yard).

Took some pretty basic but still cool video. A couple of photos at setup was all I thought to snap, but here's one:

Sunset Edit 1-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom