The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
Today I checked the rubbers of the doors to see if they are still in their position.

But, to my dismay I found out that my dealer made two cuts in the rubbers of every door to avoid the "waterfall" problem when opening the doors. I wasn't aware, they didn't ask me, they just did it! 🤬 . I would have refused!
View attachment 7849046
At least you got two cuts without permission, I only got one….they must like you !

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
Today I checked the rubbers of the doors to see if they are still in their position.

But, to my dismay I found out that my dealer made two cuts in the rubbers of every door to avoid the "waterfall" problem when opening the doors. I wasn't aware, they didn't ask me, they just did it! 🤬 . I would have refused!
View attachment 7849046
Mine came cut from the dealer before I even saw my truck. Hopefully there's a proper long-term solution in the mix from IA.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7849046
Doesn't that impact on the wading depth/submersion time. In which case is the dealer or Ineos going to taken ownership of any flooding ingress. 🤔

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Mine came cut from the dealer before I even saw my truck. Hopefully there's a proper long-term solution in the mix from IA.
There is a long term fix - put them on the way they were designed originally!

(The actual fix was a build change, in that they wipe the door edges with a cleaning wipe before fixing the outer seal - glue sticks better to a clean surface).

Last edited:

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7849046
I would demand new seals. That’s crazy. I stuck all mine back down and never had any issues since.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today, I finally resolved my rattling coming from the passenger glove box area. I must of spent months trying to fix it. I originally dismantled the bottom of the glovebox and put felt pads everywhere. Reassembled and then it would improve slightly but it was still there. The NVH at idle is not great and it vibrates the dash and centre console.

Eventually I found the culprit, It was the dashcam wire (which I installed) running from the top of the windscreen, down the side of the A Pillar, side of the dashboard, down to the rear of the footwell panels. Basically, the wires were vibrating against the hard plastics. So I Tessa taped the wires and viola my annoying rattles have gone. Thank god.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I transported two tubs full of horse manure. Great fertiliser for the nice neighbours' garden. The tubs are out, the smell will linger for a while. As I really like horses, I don't find it unpleasant. Afterwards I had another business appointment. A colleague wanted a lift. As soon as he got in, he said, phew, that stinks. I quoted my chemistry teacher at the time. It doesn't stink. It has a characteristic odour. :ROFLMAO:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
When the REDARC TowPro was installed yesterday, at Expedition HQ, I had the REDARC controller installed on a Lightforce Switch Fascia. My car is right hand drive and you can see the steering column in the second image.

IMG_8863.jpg
IMG_8864.jpg
I will be installing a USB charging port in the LF Fascia powered by the driver's side power socket.
USB LF.png

I may also install a REDARC Boost and EGT Gauge and its dimmer switch can be installed in the LF Fascia as well. A picture of the gauge, not the boring dimmer switch.
Redarc gauge.png

The LF Fascia can be used for other purposes, like a UHF pass through, compressor switch, etc. I thought it best to have a fascia for future needs and not mess up the INEOS any more and I have a neat and tidy solution. From memory it was @Michael H who gave me the idea and @CBN also used one here.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Today I transported two tubs full of horse manure. Great fertiliser for the nice neighbours' garden. The tubs are out, the smell will linger for a while. As I really like horses, I don't find it unpleasant. Afterwards I had another business appointment. A colleague wanted a lift. As soon as he got in, he said, phew, that stinks. I quoted my chemistry teacher at the time. It doesn't stink. It has a characteristic odour. :ROFLMAO:
82yo Miriam Margolyes loves to mention her fartiness. We were at her Q&A show last week in Hobart; she said "it's just air" whereupon the slightly shocked lady interviewer exclaimed "But it's got bum particles!"
Miriam: " No , it's just air , don't be silly"

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
82yo Miriam Margolyes loves to mention her fartiness. We were at her Q&A show last week in Hobart; she said "it's just air" whereupon the slightly shocked lady interviewer exclaimed "But it's got bum particles!"
Miriam: " No , it's just air , don't be silly"
Tell her to light a match next time, and see the methane burn. Any luck Margoyles will get a burnt bum to learn a lesson - while we have a good laugh. Most school boys know it is not just air. :D

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Tell her to light a match next time, and see the methane burn. Any luck Margoyles will get a burnt bum to learn a lesson - while we have a good laugh. Most school boys know it is not just air. :D
She is happy to mention her incontinence of wee. Built in extinguisher.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
TRANSFER CASE CABLES
I have a solution to properly secure my transfer case cables (issue identified by @Logsplitter). At this time it is not publicly available and it is not INEOS approved.

It is however a fine piece of engineering, made from aluminium and it does not rely on the tree style plastic plug to hold it in place. I have not installed mine yet.

(Screws and bolts not shown).

IMG_8866.jpg
IMG_8865.jpg
IMG_8867.jpg

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:12 AM
Reaction score
TRANSFER CASE CABLES
I have a solution to properly secure my transfer case cables (issue identified by @Logsplitter). At this time it is not publicly available and it is not INEOS approved.

It is however a fine piece of engineering, made from aluminium and it does not rely on the tree style plastic plug to hold it in place. I have not installed mine yet.

(Screws and bolts not shown).

View attachment 7849081
View attachment 7849082
View attachment 7849083
Hi TheDocAUS, if and when they become available, count me in to buy a set. DaBull

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
XHQ TOWING PACK IN MORE DETAIL*
Expedition HQ package replaces the 13 pin Euro plug with a 7/12 pin flat pin plug and 2 Anderson plugs (one for the caravan/trailer and one for the solar blanket). This is what the rear now looks like:

IMG_8487-1536x1152-1.jpg

The XHQ package is not spliced into the INEOS electrics, but uses its own control box, shown here:

IMG_8870.jpg
The fuse labelled Anderson, bottom centre, is for the two Anderson plugs for the fridge running off the AUX battery (see more below). The small circuit breaker top right (just below the AUX Battery label) is for the REDARC TowPro and the large 50 amp circuit breaker, to the left, is for the XHQ Control Box.

In a 5 seater Grenadier the control box fits next to the CTEK 120S. The CTEK 250SE then fits on top of the XHQ control unit. There is not enough vertical room in the 2 seater for the CTEK 250SE to be mounted on top, so an alternate place was found, near the aux battery. The metal lid in the 2 seater leaves less room above the XHQ control unit for the CTEK 25OSE than the seats in the 5 seater model.

In my 2 seater the CTEK 250SE was mounted on a Black Sheep charger bracket I already had (the two solar Anderson plugs are attached the CTEK 250SE's solar inputs. The solar input LED is not on as no solar panel was attached when the photo was taken):

IMG_8872.jpg

In addition, Anderson plugs were installed into the side of the battery box and into the area near the jack. Here is the passenger side of the battery box, just below the lid hinge:
IMG_8868.jpg

The Anderson plug near the jack will have this plugged into it, which will be mounted next to the drawers:
full

full

Out of picture is the Anderson plug that will fit into the jack area Anderson plug.

*FYI: the work I had done included more work than just the standard XHQ Package No 2.

Last edited:

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:12 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7849046
My dealer has done the exact dame thing and I am not happy either.
If it would be a temporary solution …..okay. But if this is an action recommended by Ineos as a final step solution, than it is simply bulls….!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer has done the exact dame thing and I am not happy either.
If it would be a temporary solution …..okay. But if this is an action recommended by Ineos as a final step solution, than it is simply bulls….!
FWIW: From earlier posts, the "cut" was/is intended to be a temp. solution pending receipt of replacement seals....
Mind you, deftly cutting the seal was a time-honoured DIY method of a known pesky leak the RR-P38 around the split tailgate... (worked for me! sometimes simple is the best! )

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, this thread does appear to be deteriorating. The bowel and bladder movements of an 82 year old just don't do it for me....
She is refreshingly frank about the realities that await us all.
Might as well have a bit of a laff before it becomes all too grim!

Back
Top Bottom