The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Do you enter the tent from the rack, or tent ladder when flipped open?
Ladder , goes up from the LHS (passenger side in Australia)
Leaves the rear cargo area to access our slide out kitchen , tool drawer etc.
And the 270 awning runs from the back around the RHS.20240120_175441.jpg

Last edited:

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Ladder , goes up from the LHS (passenger side in Australia)
Leaves the rear cargo area to access our slide out kitchen , tool drawer etc.
And the 270 awning runs from the back around the RHS.View attachment 7840749
I love it! Really thinking about getting the lightest ARB or Front Runner RTT for the Spring & Fall this year….

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I love it! Really thinking about getting the lightest ARB or Front Runner RTT for the Spring & Fall this year….
Our RTT weighs 53kg; we used the quick release mounting feet from Frontrunner - just unclip and lift tent off with small hoist.
Also the tent is mounted to one side and balanced by the awning opposite. There is enough space to mount annexe/awning sides up there.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7840857
Wore my new sweatshirt while the windshield got repaired - caught a rock dead center…. Repair $300. New windshield around $3k. Given the shape of the front, this is not likely to be the last time the repair guy comes out…
Where did you get the jacket. Any Links? DaBull

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Our RTT weighs 53kg; we used the quick release mounting feet from Frontrunner - just unclip and lift tent off with small hoist.
Also the tent is mounted to one side and balanced by the awning opposite. There is enough space to mount annexe/awning sides up there.
Am thinking of doing some kind of hoist but how to make it has me stumped. Any tips on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Am thinking of doing some kind of hoist but how to make it has me stumped. Any tips on how to do it would be greatly appreciated.
1. 100kg rated electric hoist
2. X4 stainless eyes riveted to 4 corners under the tent platform
3. 4 chains clipped via carabiners the the eyes , joined on top with shackles
4. Slowly raise tent higher than vehicle. Position vehicle carefully.

The chain must be symmetrical as otherwise the tent will tilt like crazy. It's a 2 person job and one or both on a small ladder - 1 controlling the hoist , the other guiding the tent . We put a rope on the corner that was tilting up a bit.
Slow and steady.

If you have a garage , the height might be a limiting factor. Then you may need 4 moderately strong/ tall people with 2 lengths of 4x2 underneath the platform to lift and position20240123_185418.jpg20240123_185534.jpg20240123_185636.jpg.

Re the quick release clamps , they mount to the RTT rails. We fitted ours and positioned them on the rack before we mounted the rack. Otherwise it would be a fiddle, not much room to move when in the vehicle.
I hope this makes sense!

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only one dealer in Belgium!
Can you take your vehicle to another country for a holiday and have the vehicle serviced and thoroughly reviewed by another service centre?

With many forum members here from Germany I’m sure some could nominate a suitable service centre.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I fitted my Bison Gear roof shelf - see it at - https://bison-gear.com/en/home/141-ineos-grenadier-cargo-shelf-5904624779524.html
Cannot speak highly enough of the competitive pricing, fast delivery (one week from Poland to my door and quality of product. It also seems to have a higher load carrying capacity than others in the market. It has a good range of positional adjustability. Very pleased overall.

Attachments

• IMG_6686.jpeg
    IMG_6686.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6687.jpeg
    IMG_6687.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Will this for with cargo barrier in place?
Sorry, I can’t help you - I dont have a cargo barrier, so not sure of the setup. They do show a “Utility Wagon” with a cargo barrier in it on the web site so I assume it could well do.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I fitted my Bison Gear roof shelf - see it at - https://bison-gear.com/en/home/141-ineos-grenadier-cargo-shelf-5904624779524.html
Cannot speak highly enough of the competitive pricing, fast delivery (one week from Poland to my door and quality of product. It also seems to have a higher load carrying capacity than others in the market. It has a good range of positional adjustability. Very pleased overall.
Nice Bison logo on the left! Mine arrives tomorrow!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was wondering what the international freight rates to Bris. were in addition to the $A price?
Their fridge slide seems very good value also!

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was wondering what the international freight rates to Bris. were in addition to the $A price?
Their fridge slide seems very good value also!
This what I paid - in USD but still seems pretty reasonable compared to many others. They ship with FedEx who were very fast.
Products $274.80
Shipping $127.40
Total paid $402.20

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I used to have a hardtop hoist for my JK Wrangler back in the day. Mine was manual crank. I wonder if you rigged one to accommodate the difference in shape, if it would work.

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Will this fit with cargo barrier in place?
I just had another look at mine - I can’t see how the cargo barrier would fit in a Trialmaster as the roof shelf is pretty close to the rear headrests and the shelf brackets actually mount in where I believe the cargo barrier would mount also. Would be well worth asking someone in then know if you want the cargo barrier.

Back
Top Bottom