The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
You realise you have destroyed a "feature" of the series 1 Grenadier?
:D
That said , I have a packet of the yellow wedges. I need to get all entrepreneurial!
My apologies for not following previous threads but can anyone help ........ just received email from dealer (UK) to say that there are some
Ineos 'product enhancements' which need to be done and vehicle needs to be with them for three days.
I know that I could ask them the question as to more details but would prefer initially to ask fellow forum members !
Thanks

Reactions: Max

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 AM
Reaction score
My apologies for not following previous threads but can anyone help ........ just received email from dealer (UK) to say that there are some
Ineos 'product enhancements' which need to be done and vehicle needs to be with them for three days.
I know that I could ask them the question as to more details but would prefer initially to ask fellow forum members !
Thanks
Not sure how long you have had your car and how long since it was at a dealer. Product enhancements is a nice way of putting it but there are quite a long list of field campaigns to rectify various issues that particularly some of the early cars need checking or fixing.
This is not an exhaustive list:
- double nutting some suspension components and torque checking others
- some vehicles need the transfer case replacing
- door handle buttons fixing
- several cooling hose bracket’s moving or adding
- alternator cable checking
- battery cable checking
- software updates for the head unit and all the ECUs

Three days seems excessive but if you need the full software update and the transfer case done that is probably at least 6 hours work.

Last edited:

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
Thanks
It could also be a Transfer Case...mine was with my Agent for two days...I wouldn't second guess and ask them...happy motoring

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:24 PM
Reaction score
I am so delighted by my cheap Chinese "Wolfbox alike" rearview camera/mirror, that today I decided to make a nicer cabling of the 12V power supply.
The first picture is the mirror with the temporary wiring to the back and to the cubby box:
20240104_131916.jpg

After some thinking, I decided to power it through the left side 10A INT1 footwell power point.
I already had installed a Deutsch DTP plug there in the past, see my post here: https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...xiliary-power-point.12412534/#post-1333191448
Why?
  • I don't use it
  • It is a short way from mirror to this point
  • Cables can be hidden under the roof trim and left side trims
  • If INT1 is not switched, camera is off and doesn't use current from the battery, even is the the ignition is on.
  • And if the the main roof power button is on, I can use the camera with ignition off!
So, I bought a female cigarette 12V plug (on Ali Express), connected a male Deutsch DTP connector, and here we go:
20240127_142720.jpg

I removed some of the left hand side trims (driver side in my case) and fixed the female Deutsch plug and the male camera feed plug with velcro and some other smaller recuperation stuff:
20240127_150946.jpg
And then I pushed the feed wire up and under the roof trim, see also the interesting video of @grnamin here : https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/wolf-box.12414017/page-7#post-1333248407
Look at the white dot on the 12V feed of the camera: this becomes green when powered.
Therefore I drilled a small hole in the trim, filled it with a plastic transparent rod, like I did in my "wireless charger" device (see post here: https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/wireless-phone-charger.12412772/#post-1333204613)
And this is the result when my camera is powered, look at the green dot:
20240127_173513.jpg
This "green warning" is also interesting for diagnosing problems: in case the rear view mirror/camera shouldn't work anymore, at least I can see if it is because of a failure of the power module.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My Gator camera wiring goes down the A pillar, under the sills (protected by flex conduit) , through to the cargo area and along the floor ( under the mat, taped carefully) and under the plastic trim crosspiece at the back. Emerging just above the bumper , where it is useful for my purpose ( backing trailers).
It's wired to a USB/cig lighter box velcroed to the side of the passenger console ( she can access the USBs) powered by the footwell wire and I can power it with the Int1 switch. A green light tells me it's on ; well the camera automatically comes on when Int1 is flicked.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By the way:
"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!"

I like this a lot, somehow also my goal, or like my father said, when we thought, "something is wrong":

"Why should I go to the doctor? As long as I don't go to the doctor I am not sick!"

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As a doctor, I would say why ever bother changing the oil in your Grenadier , it is running perfectly well 😁😏
I agree ... but ...
when I went the last time to my doctor because I thought I had a problem, he advised me to do a body scan for mapping my body so that they would be able to do an early diagnosis of skin cancer.
Problem: I visited him for a totally different problem.
I didn't do it!

And some ten years ago, after a temporary relationship with a woman, from whom I suspected after stopping the relationship that she had some other "partners" at the same time ...
after 6 months I went to my doctor for aids test and so on, but it was a young doctor who replaced him because of holidays:
and I said "while I am here check for prostate cancer".
She (yes, it was a she) answered, if I remember correctly her words: "I advice you not to do the test. Statistics have shown that the expectation of life is the same with or without cancer treatment for prostate cancer. The difference is: years of treatment and worries!".
I didn't do it.

My father was wrong, he died of cancer less than a year later, but would it have been any different?

Let's be clear: without doctors, I would have been dead a lot of years ago ... intestinal obstruction!
But in the mean time, I know how to solve the "mechanical" problem! Because I had 3 surgeries for the same problem in a time span of 10 years, and after that none anymore (surgeries), but quite a lot of "obstruction" alerts, and some very serious: I know how to solve it. It is a mechanical problem. When I explain it to a doctor, he doesn't believe me!

I believe in doctors.

My comment was like Neil Young says: "It's better to burn out than fade away", can you live with this?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My comment was like Neil Young says: "better burn out than fade away", can you live with this?
Hey hey , my my 😊
Re health , know your genetic or other risk factors and work your preventative maintenance around them.
No different to vehicles.
And doctors who look after people our vintage are just trying to keep us on the road of life as long as possible, until authorities deem we are unreliable or unsafe 😉

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
and I said "while I am here check for prostate cancer".
She (yes, it was a she) answered, if I remember correctly her words: "I advice you not to do the test. Statistics have shown that the expectation of life is the same with or without cancer treatment for prostate cancer. The difference is: years of treatment and worries!".
I didn't do it.
I was told by my doctor, "at your age if you have prostrate cancer - You will die with prostrate cancer, not because of it.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
I would play devils advocate and say , better you know and fight it so you can die from something else rather than not know and ask your self why my leg broke out of nowhere .

Back
Top Bottom