The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:47 AM
Reaction score
Is there a rubber boot missing here?...
IMG_1364.JPG
This is the inside jamb of the small rear door and I cannot believe they would just leave it wide open around the strut like this.

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there a rubber boot missing here?...
View attachment 7828501
This is the inside jamb of the small rear door and I cannot believe they would just leave it wide open around the strut like this.
Well if there is something missing then I don't have it either.
The double bracket is fixed to the door frame. When the door is closed that bracket sits inside the pocket where you think a boot should be. I don't see how a boot could be fitted there. If you look at my pic you can see the pocket is closed further back and there is a dust seal around the strut.

Attachments

• PXL_20231002_075219012.jpg
    PXL_20231002_075219012.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 68

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I see the inner dust seal but there’s still a big cavity in there. And it’s on the outside of the main rear door seal. I guess time will tell if it’s a problem.

But thanks for confirming that’s how it’s meant to be.

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
I fitted my drawer slides and built the drawer, I might get it fitted tomorrow, and get the new boot floor fitted..

I used the load track mounting points for the slides, they are really strong and it saved having to drill any holes in the truck. I had to pack the height up so I used a strip of conveyor belt to aid damping which will hopefully stop any tools in the drawer rattling.View attachment 7828460View attachment 7828459View attachment 7828462View attachment 7828463
Nice tools

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
I fitted my drawer slides and built the drawer, I might get it fitted tomorrow, and get the new boot floor fitted..

I used the load track mounting points for the slides, they are really strong and it saved having to drill any holes in the truck. I had to pack the height up so I used a strip of conveyor belt to aid damping which will hopefully stop any tools in the drawer rattling.View attachment 7828460View attachment 7828459View attachment 7828462View attachment 7828463
Nice work. Where did you get the tow hitch?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yep sounds like it :p they have enough workers available ;)

We in NL have one of those automatic barrier movers now a days ;) because we have too many lazy people, a lot of them are called influencer now a days ;)
Not sure if it still happens but on the Sydney Harbour Bridge they had this big "zipper" truck that the barrier went through the centre of.
1696268860886.png1696268884074.png

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice work. Where did you get the tow hitch?
It’s an INEOS part. There’s a part number on here somewhere. Your dealership can order it for you. It’s the African spec one I think.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, I see the inner dust seal but there’s still a big cavity in there.
The huntsman spiders around my place are going to have another place to nest!

• Love
Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know why or even why I am writing this but I have heard or read that the huntsman prefers diesel...I found the article so I not feeling as mad...and tell me what have you really said to your agent?

Revealed: The cars that attract spiders after making them ' ...

Spiders are powerless to the vibrations of 4WDs

That's a bit anecdotal.
Spiders like warm and dry. Which is why they are found in the door jambs and other crevices of all our cars , including the Volvo EV.
We only had one diesel , yep spiders enjoyed that too.
Once I had one (medium huntsman spider) crawl out onto the windscreen of my old 911 as I was leaving work. It remained on (12km highway) until I got home , then scurried back in. As they do.
Yet to find a rodent or snake hidden in a vehicle but have had a small possum on top of the back tyre that when disturbed crawled up somewhere deep around the chassis of my 80 series Landcruiser. We left it to find its way home as they hang on for dear life and it would have been a wild ride.,

Reactions: Max
Local time
12:47 AM
Reaction score
Not sure if it still happens but on the Sydney Harbour Bridge they had this big "zipper" truck that the barrier went through the centre of.
View attachment 7828541View attachment 7828542
Yeah they work really well :)
They use them also a lot in the US.

In the Netherlands only use the zipper truck for roadworks if long term from what I can remember but for like rush hour we build very expensive extra rush hour lanes haha

vandrarhenrik

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Picked up my Grenny Thursday. Finally!!! 2 seater LHD, Trialmaster, Donna grey. Been to the Stockholm archipelago for a 1900 km trip. Waited for electronic gremlins to show up but none came. Very satisfied with the car and the ride. Got roof platform and RTT in place. Looking forward to further trips.20231003_130941.jpg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
What did I do with my Grenadier today?...It is now my Avatar...still without steps, unfortunately...some weeks ago I was told the steps and table had arrived in Melbourne...the table arrived and is fitted but no steps...maybe they are sending them by ship from Melbourne with Dave's Beast... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom