The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:41 AM
Reaction score
@YIPPE that’s looking nice. What water tank did you use?

cheers
Steve
Thanks. It's a drifta 35l poly water tank

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @YIPPE Just wondering what provision you have made to access the jack?
So all the original plastic panels still currently pull out for me to gain access to the jack. If I decide to go with the top wing panels they will be lift out ones so I can still access the jack.
My other thought process is when I do my dual battery (didn't opt for it and I'm base model station wagon) I could do a battery system that allows room for jack to be stored under the seat too. That then leaves a place to store the billys as I'll leave the original jack panels out.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Just had my longest and best days driving in my Grenadier today. What a vehicle we’ve done 283km today on a mixture of good tar roads, bad and muddy dirt roads and mountain switchbacks. I have the petrol version and I’m loaded fully inc a roof load. I’m absolutely loving it. More than enough power and it sticks to the road like glue. Driving conditions have been awful , torrential rain and strong Winds for 1 and 1/2 days. No camping for us yet as conditions too bad. But a fantastic Airbnb apartment for £43 a night 😎. Alternator charging batteries to 100% so all good. Driving dirt roads fully loaded and driving hard I’m getting 15mpg (imperial) Sticking to 100kph around 18mpg on good tar roads but the awning ,roof rack and all the kit on the roof definitely cause a lot of drag.
Sometimes when I start up I am not getting any errors or noises and another time i have various error messages and noises. At one point we couldn’t stop the noise of a constant airbag warning Had to turn the car off and go and have a beer, after that not a single error message in the next hour of driving. . Hopefully the software update will fix this.
Checkout the ostrich in the second photo. Stupid animal wouldn’t get out of the way.😂
I must say we are getting a lot of attention in the Grenadier. so many thumbs up and waves from other drivers. At one point on a fast road a driver in a Porsche came up behind us then pulled along side to give thumbs up then in front slowed up so we could pass at speed to show off. Same happened with a Landcruiser driver. Slowed up in front of as so we roared pass then slowed up for him to pass and wave at us. What great fun and the Grenadier gets so much attention in the petrol garages from the locals.
We re loving life. 😍
View attachment 7827754View attachment 7827755View attachment 7827756
Well done - looks like the roads are in better shape than in the UK :)

Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
I took my Grenadier to the yard of a Mercedes dealer yesterday. When I got out, I was already greeted with the words, "how can I help you, we don't have a Grenadier dealership".
He was very arrogant and condescending.
I knew this behaviour from Mercedes dealers about 30 years ago. I once had 2 E-class vehicles and one of the first SLK compressor.
I replied: "Thank you for asking, I'm getting a 4x4 Sprinter next year and I'm looking for a Mercedes partner workshop I can trust. But that has now been taken care of".
I would like to see more tolerance from Mercedes dealers towards drivers of other brands.
Maybe I'll have to try a Mercedes partner who also has an INEOS Grenadier dealership. There are some. Or I could go to the same dealer again, but this time with a new G-model from a friend.
Sewell in Dallas TX is both a Grenadier and a Mercedes dealership they sell all brands so they will be more tolerant.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Sewell in Dallas TX is both a Grenadier and a Mercedes dealership they sell all brands so they will be more tolerant.
I can well imagine that. The Germans still have a lot to lern.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I fitted my drawer slides and built the drawer, I might get it fitted tomorrow, and get the new boot floor fitted..

I used the load track mounting points for the slides, they are really strong and it saved having to drill any holes in the truck. I had to pack the height up so I used a strip of conveyor belt to aid damping which will hopefully stop any tools in the drawer rattling.9C377579-91FD-4BDF-8DB3-1512AC1AB08D.jpeg3ADB7D31-3E7A-45CE-A580-802F30CDCBDC.jpeg48C9E5E3-0631-48F0-9D0B-C57BF857427C.jpegD86C0FE4-35D1-4725-99F4-6498A4DF39A4.jpeg

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Next step regarding Molle/Airline panels for my Grenadier. Will look sharp when powder coated.
Panels for the doors will get black-matt with some structure. Not sure about the ones for the rear windows yet. Red like the A ?
Nice job!
That Letech side step system is definitely on my shopping list😁, just hope the shipping costs don’t kill the deal 🙄

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice job!
That Letech side step system is definitely on my shopping list😁, just hope the shipping costs don’t kill the deal 🙄
Have you seen the Buzz overland one? It is a combination step slider, made in stainless. It looks good, I have one on order, I’ll post pictures when it arrives.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7828435pigeon shooting yesterday with the new “Grenny” number plate 😀
nice plate. more impressed with the pigeon quarry (my favourite) and the Thatchers Gold. I used to go to their place in Sandford with a few 5l containers and get half medium and half dry for my old man. he used to leave them in the river tied to some old rope. halcyon days!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it's too dry for open fires, this might be a cute alternative. I'm thinking about getting this when I have my Gren.
That is a nice portable solution. Our camper has a two burner gas stove. Most of our camp grilling is done on a Weber Baby Q, or if we are not in any rush to eat and there are no fire restrictions we use our Potjie King from South Africa.

Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
I watched out of my Beijing Hotel window about 200 buses pulled up and all these workers got off, walked over to the barrier in the middle of the road, picked it up and moved it over two lanes.
Apparently this happens twice a day for peak hour traffic.
Yep sounds like it :p they have enough workers available ;)

We in NL have one of those automatic barrier movers now a days ;) because we have too many lazy people, a lot of them are called influencer now a days ;)

Back
Top Bottom