The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 AM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Nächster Schritt in Bezug auf Molle/Airline-Panels für meinen Grenadier. Wird scharf aussehen, wenn es pulverbeschichtet ist.
Die Paneele für die Türen werden mit einer Struktur schwarz-matt. Ich bin mir noch nicht sicher über die für die Heckscheiben. Rot wie das A?
Woher hast du diesen Fenstergrill? Danke Barney
IMG_0341.jpeg

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes and @Krabby can you square things with @DCPU as I’m not good at this trying to find stuff. Thanks.
click on icon next to the printer in the the post you want to reference its the right hand side, then copy the link to your post and you get a hotlink to the relevant post...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 AM
Reaction score
bloody hell mates!
I am born in the Netherlands and lived there most off my life and driving 30 mins wasn't something you would just do hahaha
Driving 2 hours was a whole planning ;)
When I moved to the Oregon in the USA that changed 1,5 hour one way for a some skiing was a normal.
Ireland is definitely beautiful and we will have to see what will be our next country to live in :)

Amen ;) but not sure if it is a good thing? ;) Preferably I would like to have snow though ;)
Might need to go see the Grenadier in Gothenburg Sweden ;)

The busiest city I have been in for work was Beijng, China --> 21.54 million (2018)
I can state I didn't like it way way to busy.
I watched out of my Beijing Hotel window about 200 buses pulled up and all these workers got off, walked over to the barrier in the middle of the road, picked it up and moved it over two lanes.
Apparently this happens twice a day for peak hour traffic.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
That's it.
Can you post the dimensions, please?

I'd like to find something similar which I can buy in Germany. Perhaps, with the dimensions, I can find the product in a shop here.

Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/fixed-air-compressor.12412482/post-1333206516

Hi everyone, I have finally successfully installed my ARB compressor (ARB KOMPRESSOR 12-VOLT, CKMA12). Thanks for the tips @Highwayman. First I ordered a plastic plate 8 mm thick. I used cardboard to press off the bolts and drilled the (8 mm) holes in the plastic as a template. Then I deepened it to 4 mm with the milling machine so that the nuts lay flat with the surface. Next, I inserted threaded claws into the plastic from below to attach the base plate of the compressor. There are rubber rings under the plastic plate. Then first test. Everything fit. So attached the plate with screw glue. The base plate of the compressor too. But I had to remove the auxiliary battery to get proper access to the screws to finally fix the compressor. I connected the electrics first (thanks to Highwayman's recommendation) after removing the FI13 fuse. I shortened the long power cable by about 120 cm. I didn't braid a new short wiring harness for everything. Someone did it but I couldn't find the post. The connections for the air locker (which I didn't need) have enough space and stayed on the wiring harness. Finally, I sawed a hole measuring 21 mm x 36.5 mm into the rear cover of the battery compartment on the passenger side (LHD) for the switch. See photo. The compressor works perfectly, protected with 40 A via the FI13 with the ignition switched on. “Oh what a lucky man, he was…..” View attachment 7828356View attachment 7828358View attachment 7828359View attachment 7828360View attachment 7828361View attachment 7828362View attachment 7828363
Nice work! Are you familiar with the size of the twin compressor from ARB, and if so, does it seem like a twin compressor would fit in the same location?

Local time
Reaction score
Can you post the dimensions, please?

I'd like to find something similar which I can buy in Germany. Perhaps, with the dimensions, I can find the product in a shop here.
Hi emax,
The ones on the website linked above are..."Dimensions/Size:
26cm (L) x 15cm (W) x 8.5cm (H)."
I measure and they're correct ... except the height is more like 10cm.
T.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst waiting for bits to complete the compressor fitout decided to detail the exterior in preparation for ceramic coating. I've had the car about a month but really hasn't travelled anywhere other than to the dealer and back whilst I'm fitting it out. The car had been detailed by the dealer prior to delivery, nothing special that I paid extra for, just the norm pre-delivery clean and polish. I removed all the wax, washing with foam, then a specific wax remover. I then sprayed the exterior with IronX which removes iron particles embedded in the paint. The car is white and if there's any iron particles they turn purple. Well.... WOW... The car lit up like a xmas tree. I know it's been sitting somewhere in EU since about Feb for the batch and hold so I guess it was to be expected. Beer time now, tomorrow I'll see if it needs a clay bar or light machine polish before the ceramic coat.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 PM
Reaction score
I took my Grenadier to the yard of a Mercedes dealer yesterday. When I got out, I was already greeted with the words, "how can I help you, we don't have a Grenadier dealership".
He was very arrogant and condescending.
I knew this behaviour from Mercedes dealers about 30 years ago. I once had 2 E-class vehicles and one of the first SLK compressor.
I replied: "Thank you for asking, I'm getting a 4x4 Sprinter next year and I'm looking for a Mercedes partner workshop I can trust. But that has now been taken care of".
I would like to see more tolerance from Mercedes dealers towards drivers of other brands.
Maybe I'll have to try a Mercedes partner who also has an INEOS Grenadier dealership. There are some. Or I could go to the same dealer again, but this time with a new G-model from a friend.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@rovie Weippert in Holzgerlingen is a Mercedes and IA dealer…

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Iron X is hydrofluoric acid. Wear protection!
"Hydrofluoric acid (HF) differs from other acids because it readily penetrates the skin and dissociates into fluoride ions, causing destruction of deep tissue layers, including bone."

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:20 PM
Reaction score
Drove three hours today through the mountains today to over 1000m through pouring rain to get to the Tankwa Karoo. The Grenadier is amazing. We are fully loaded inc 5 x 20l Jerry cans on the roof and it pulls like a steam train. Overtaking huge slow lorries on steep climbs an absolute breeze. Gravel roads the suspension is smooth😍. Engine and gearbox super smooth and plenty of power. Driving out through the Tankwa following a local’s Mitsubishi shogun at full pelt on dirt roads an absolute dream even fully loaded it just soaks up the bumps.Rally driving but fully loaded. I’m loving it View attachment 7828354
wow. nice one Logsplitter. Definitely using it as Sir Jim probably hoped!

P.s pls keep a look out for @DCPU

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Iron X is hydrofluoric acid. Wear protection!
"Hydrofluoric acid (HF) differs from other acids because it readily penetrates the skin and dissociates into fluoride ions, causing destruction of deep tissue layers, including bone."
Dangerous stuff. Many years ago a guy died a horrible death after getting splashed with it in a back yard diamond lab in Perth.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Or I could go to the same dealer again, but this time with a new G-model from a friend
Maybe they'll then roll out the red carpet for you. 🤷‍♂️

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed my fridge/drawer unit today.
The drawer still needs a 1mm rebate to on each side to house the slider strips. It also needs front finishing pieces to the drawer and wing fronts. Im stoked with it so far so thought I'ld share.

The slide is from slideitsolutions. It utilises Teflon like sliders. And allows easy removal of the fridge. This then let's me place a false top to give a larger flat area when needed.

A 35litre water tank drops in behind the unit tapered with the seat and back of the tank is inline with the cargo barrier, breather hose up the cargo barrier and a hose runs along the bottom left side gap of the fridge. To fill I just fold left the seat forward.

Drawer runs on plastic runners and silicon spray. Internal drawer dimension of 550w x 650l x 170h. The overall unit is 200mm tall. With seats folded 'flat' the unit is same height as top of seat back, laying down. So again false/drop in floor will allow a larger level area is needed. (water tank would need to be removed as it is 50mm taller than the unit)

I planned to have filler panels on the wings for the wheel arches but they are useful pockets for the jetboiler, mugs and other misc regularly used items. Still undecided but will work with this for now and see how I go.

Total weight with empty tank is 38kg. A little heavier than I planned but it's solid, a snug fit and will last a long time.
PXL_20231001_032748115~2.jpgPXL_20231001_032544327~2.jpg

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
@YIPPE that’s looking nice. What water tank did you use?

cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom