The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
I had the Grenadier in one of my playgrounds not too far from home on the edge of Australia just south of Fraser Island at a place called Rainbow Beach because of the coloured sands that you can see on the dunes in the background...I didn't need to deflate the tyres as you can see it was perfect beach driving conditions in this magic part of the world...for those who have ventured to Fraser you have to go to Inskip Point to board a ferry for a little crossing of the passage known as the Sandy Straights...well I thought I would casually go and have a look at the drop off and pickup zone but as soon as I entered the sand I realised that is was like talcum powder...STOP!!!...or power through...not this day...it is a fairly normal happening when it is dry and churned up by countless vehicles using it at entry and exiting the beach...not wanting to deflate the tyres on a busy track I chose to reverse back the thirty metres or so...I had already engaged the centre lock before entering...I selected reverse and proceeded to move but not feeling comfortable with it I decided to engage the rear diff lock and then the front diff lock...saving the embarrassment of being unprepared I managed with little effort from the B57 to manoeuvre around two waiting cars and maintain the credibility of this built on purpose motor vehicle...if I was heading to Fraser I would have already had the tyres down to between 15 to 20 pounds pending the load weight...that will be next time :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_6506.jpg
    IMG_6506.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 146

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:03 AM
Reaction score
I had the Grenadier in one of my playgrounds not too far from home on the edge of Australia just south of Fraser Island at a place called Rainbow Beach because of the coloured sands that you can see on the dunes in the background...I didn't need to deflate the tyres as you can see it was perfect beach driving conditions in this magic part of the world...for those who have ventured to Fraser you have to go to Inskip Point to board a ferry for a little crossing of the passage known as the Sandy Straights...well I thought I would casually go and have a look at the drop off and pickup zone but as soon as I entered the sand I realised that is was like talcum powder...STOP!!!...or power through...not this day...it is a fairly normal happening when it is dry and churned up by countless vehicles using it at entry and exiting the beach...not wanting to deflate the tyres on a busy track I chose to reverse back the thirty metres or so...I had already engaged the centre lock before entering...I selected reverse and proceeded to move but not feeling comfortable with it I decided to engage the rear diff lock and then the front diff lock...saving the embarrassment of being unprepared I managed with little effort from the B57 to manoeuvre around two waiting cars and maintain the credibility of this built on purpose motor vehicle...
We do NOT want to ever see a Grenadier featuring on the “I got bogged at Inskip Point” YouTube channel!

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I sprayed the inside of the right fender with underseal. On this occasion I also discovered the Vacuator Valve of the Raised Air Intake (RAI) and checked the tightness of the RAI with a smoke tester. The RAI is definitely not waterproof. Smoke was coming out all over the bottom part.

Attachments

• RAI1.jpeg
    RAI1.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 124
  • RAI2.jpeg
    RAI2.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 112
  • RAI3.png
    RAI3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • RAI4.png
    RAI4.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 113

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When removing the fender flares, the plastic dowels tear out and get stuck in the fender. With a 6 mm ring spanner, which you press onto the dowel from behind, you can easily detach them from the fender and remount them on the fender flares.

Attachments

• Fender Flare.jpeg
    Fender Flare.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 123

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:03 PM
Reaction score
Good stuff 👍.

I wonder if the "Vacuator Valve of the Raised Air Intake (RAI)" is actually just part of the standard air intake assembly that the RAI is bolted to and we will all have one?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When removing the fender flares, the plastic dowels tear out and get stuck in the fender. With a 6 mm ring spanner, which you press onto the dowel from behind, you can easily detach them from the fender and remount them on the fender flares.
Have you got a wider shot to show where they are located along the length?

Does the wheel arch liner just come out after removing all (6?) visible nuts? Nothing attached on the side of it to stop full removal?

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The wheel arch liner is attached on the outside with the Torx screws. Inside there are five 10 mm plastic hex screws. After removing the fender flares, it is easy to remove the wheel arch liner. You just have to dare to tear off the fender flares. Some of the dowels remain in the flare, others remain in the fender. So far, all dowels have always remained intact. I'll get some as replacements.

Attachments

• dowel hole 1.png
    dowel hole 1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 125

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good stuff 👍.

I wonder if the "Vacuator Valve of the Raised Air Intake (RAI)" is actually just part of the standard air intake assembly that the RAI is bolted to and we will all have one?
Quite possible. It would be easier to answer these questions if we finally got access to a parts list.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The remote control is for kids entertainment system.
For the rest: be patient, I'll show some pics when the work is done🙂

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I went to the "Defender Burghley Horse Trials 2023" yesterday, (Defender Burghley Horse Trials), and saw three Grenadiers there, two with officials, (one borrowed from Busseys) and one loose in the car park.

It was moderately easy to find my Grenadier in the car park.

Attachments

• Gren Burghley 2023 - 1.jpeg
    Gren Burghley 2023 - 1.jpeg
    384.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7825685
The Hi-lift jack you find on Amazon or 1.000 other places.

View attachment 7825685
The Hi-lift jack you find on Amazon or 1.000 other places.
These clamps are used, among other things, to fasten hydraulic lines on machines such as excavators. They are available in different colors and also in aluminum as well as in different tube diameters. I will use them to construct my own roof rack. The green version is for experimentation only as the local hydraulic shop didn't have any others. I paid 9 euros for both.

Attachments

• Clamp1.png
    Clamp1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 126

joejet

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These clamps are used, among other things, to fasten hydraulic lines on machines such as excavators. They are available in different colors and also in aluminum as well as in different tube diameters. I will use them to construct my own roof rack. The green version is for experimentation only as the local hydraulic shop didn't have any others. I paid 9 euros for both.
Do you think these clamps would be strong enough (as in not rotate) to clamp onto the rock-sliders and add come checker plate to work as steps?
I like the idea of the plastic ones over aluminium as i dont want to damage the rocksliders, mind yoy thats what they are for really

Reactions: Max

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The way I see it, even the plastic clips are extremely strong. To prevent twisting on a tube, you could insert a screw from the bottom center. I use 25 mm clamps for the pipes in the roof of the Ineos. They fit perfectly, don't twist or damage the tubes and if you want you can use 4 pieces per tube. When I get back from my Cornwall trip at the end of September I will start building the roof rack.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:04 AM
Reaction score
I went to the "Defender Burghley Horse Trials 2023" yesterday, (Defender Burghley Horse Trials), and saw three Grenadiers there, two with officials, (one borrowed from Busseys) and one loose in the car park.

It was moderately easy to find my Grenadier in the car park.
Horse Trials???
Are they like the Salem Witch Trials?
1693732312667.png

Reactions: Max
Back
Top Bottom