The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
I am home after my visit to Hambach.
Today I had an error I didn't notice in the past I guess, at least I don't remember having had it: Airbag System Error.
I am proud of it :devilish:
But it disappeared after restarting the car. 😭

I will post my findings of Hambach in a separate thread,

[EDITED] @Eric.S. : I drove through the far South of Luxemburg ;)

Eric.S.

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:21 AM
Reaction score
Today I had an error I didn't notice in the past I guess, at least I don't remember having had it: Airbag System Error.

I said that because Luxembourg is such a huge country and you understand it better🤣 Except my translation is not very good😅
@Jean Mercier I don't like the far south so much now and is avoided by me🤣

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

It will RETURN👻👻👻

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Got mine in the optional colour dirt, suits it really well
If I may inquire,
The bike rack that is attached, is that the Ineos available one or another (different) brand?

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are they beadlocked?
No They just look like it (y) i seam to remember bead locked wheels are not road legal in the UK??

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
If I may inquire,
The bike rack that is attached, is that the Ineos available one or another (different) brand?
In Oz most adaptors use the 2 inch square. So The hinge is a Yakima swing back (2") and the bike rack is just a Costco ebike rack (2"). Was really neverous because the Yakima bolt hole is fairly deep in, a standard ball wouldn't fit but the bike stuff did

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:21 PM
Reaction score
I had my drawers fitted today. Custom made to fit out of aluminium, with adjustable drawer dividers and the top made out of phonelic board. Fridge slide fitted as well.

Total weight is circa 60kgs

I’m pleased with them

20230705_192326.jpeg

20230705_192402.jpeg

20230705_192407.jpeg

20230705_192431.jpeg

20230705_192458.jpeg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
I had my drawers fitted today. Custom made to fit out of aluminium, with adjustable drawer dividers and the top made out of phonelic board. Fridge slide fitted as well.

I’m pleased with them

View attachment 7819144

View attachment 7819145

View attachment 7819146

View attachment 7819147

View attachment 7819148
Nice work, the only issue I can see is access to the fridge unless you're quite tall. Drop slides are popular for this kind of set-up but they weigh 60kg alone.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice work, the only issue I can see is access to the fridge unless you're quite tall. Drop slides are popular for this kind of set-up but they weigh 60kg alone.
Thanks for the feedback. I’m quite tall, so not an issue for me, but the fridge slide tilts forward to ease access if needed. I’ll put the fridge in and then post another picture.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I’m quite tall, so not an issue for me, but the fridge slide tilts forward to ease access if needed. I’ll put the fridge in and then post another picture.
Ahh, ok. I was going to suggest a tilt slide. If you can partition your fridge it will help stuff not slide to the front.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 59

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score

I’m pleased with them

View attachment 7819144

View attachment 7819145

View attachment 7819146

View attachment 7819147

View attachment 7819148
Out of curiosity could you tell is what the height and depth dimensions of the drawers please, and how deep the fridge slide is please.

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No problem. My design principles were that I wanted to keep the top of the fridge in line with the top of the rear seat back when placed on top of the drawers. This resulted in the top of the drawers being the same height as the left side inner trim “shoulder”. I chose to fit the drawer top flush to internal trims on each side. The downside of this decision is that I have relocated the jack into one of my new drawers. I think it was a pretty poor place to install the jack originally, so no big deal really.

I left the boot floor mat in place and secured the drawers into the captive nuts already fitted for the tie down rails. In theory, you could remove the boot floor mat and gain an extra 20mm, but in practice, the bottom of each drawer will then hit the plastic trim in the boot floor. So that trim would also have to be removed and replace with something else.

Dimensions of each drawer ………

Internal length is 800mm

20230706_182852.jpeg

Internal width is 500mm

20230706_182909.jpeg

and internal depth is 250mm

20230706_182922.jpeg

Finally, the fridge slide is 625mm long (to fit a Dometic CX35).

I think there is a further 90mm usable between the top of the seat back and the front edge of the drawers. I think 715mm is your realistic limit for the length of fridge, once you allow for the fridge slide as well.

20230706_182747.jpeg

I’ve spent an hour earlier this evening trying to see what will fit where. I think I’m almost there, but will have another look again tomorrow before I commit to screwing down tie down points. I may re-locate and re-use the original tie down rails, not decided yet.

20230706_182645.jpeg

I think the bottom line is …. there’s not that much space to play with, so you need to take your time to maximise space use. My chairs are now touching the luggage net I added into the roof space, so I’ve not got too much left to play with.

Still waiting for my rear door table and cargo barrier from Ineos to finish it off (and the mats, and the official tow bar, and the replacement bolts that dropped off two months ago) but that’s another story.

Any questions, please let me know

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you had to allow for that in the drawer lengths?
I hope I have. Table doesn’t seem to stick out much more than the door handle and I’ve enough room to get my hand in comfortably, so I hope to be OK

Fingers crossed!

Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
We're you expecting that sort of weight? How much of it is the fridge slide. I'd like to do same but would likely exceed GVM. I'll be towing so lose 260kgs payload from ball/nose weight. Tare of vehicle will be 2940kgs so leaves just 210 payload for gear, drawers, fridge.

Back
Top Bottom