The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Hello Markus

It’s mounted next to the auxiliary battery under the rear seat. There are pre-installed power cables (40amp) and a trigger wire for the relay switch. Please go back to post #797 in this thread, it’s all documented there with pictures.

Hello Highwayman

Seemed to have missed that, sorry.
Thanks for the tips. I will take this into consideration.

Sunny greetings to UK

:)

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Biggest journey to date, Melton Mowbray to Stokesley, then Stokesley to a suburb of Glasgow and return to Melton Mowbray, 639 miles over 2 days.

So, Monday night up to Stokesley, 142 miles; no dramas, other than my brother in law wants to nick my Grenadier and my sister tells him off and reminds him of his other toys, (lots of boats from dinghy to moored yacht). They have been involved in the Hartlepool Tall Ships event over the last few days.

Today, Stokesley to the outskirts of Glasgow, 190 miles. Client meeting and lots of bits of paper to sign, 1215 to 1430. Then Glasgow to Melton Mowbray 307 miles. Started driving at 0830 - home by 2015.

Two transient mesages came up, "transmission error", disapeared in 10 seconds and seatbelt warning that cleared itself after a minute. Grenadier is now past 4,500 miles.

Most of the journey was spent with cruise control on at 70mph or 50 or 40 depending on the contraflow I was in and the posted limits. I'm tired, but don't have a headache or cramped legs; it's been a good day.

PS: I saw what looked like a Magic Mushroom Grenadier going North on the M74 while I was heading southbound. And I got a wave and a thumbs up from an Aston Martin driver on the M74 going south.

Last edited:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
Biggest journey to date, Melton Mowbray to Stokesley, then Stokesley to a suburb of Glasgow and return to Melton Mowbray, 639 miles over 2 days.

So, Monday night up to Stokesley, 142 miles; no dramas, other than my brother in law wants to nick my Grenadier and my sister tells him off and reminds him of his other toys, (lots of boats from dinghy to moored yacht). They have been involved in the Hartlepool Tall Ships event over the last few days.

Today, Stokesley to the outskirts of Glasgow, 190 miles. Client meeting and lots of bits of paper to sign, 1215 to 1430. Then Glasgow to Melton Mowbray 307 miles. Started driving at 0830 - home by 2015.

Two transient mesages came up, "transmission error", disapeared in 10 seconds and seatbelt warning that cleared itself after a minute. Grenadier is now past 4,500 miles.

Most of the journey was spent with cruise control on at 70mph or 50 or 40 depending on the contraflow I was in and the posted limits. I'm tired, but don't have a headache or cramped legs; it's been a good day.

PS: I saw what looked like a Magic Mushroom Grenadier going North on the M74 while I was heading southbound. And I got a wave and a thumbs up from an Aston Martin driver on the M74 going south.
That's quite a trip in a couple of days and a good milestone test for your Gren.

Glad to hear fairly alarm(s) free. It's good to hear the positives as most write about the negatives, understandably so.

Almost time to rotate your tyres!!!

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I decided to fit an ARB compressor (single) into the space by the auxiliary battery and connect it to the Ineos fitted wiring points in that same place.

If I was doing it again, I may take the rear seat out. I didn’t, and managed to work around the plastic panels under the seat, but it was fiddly and awkward. Probably took longer.

First I made up a bracket to hold the compressor. Two small pieces of 30mm box and a small piece of 3mm plate (I had these bits in the shed - they are certainly strong enough). I used the box to fit over the four existing 8mm studs in the floorpan and then fixed the plate to the box using rivnuts. I inserted some strips of soundproofing between the box and the floorpan, and then between the box and the plate. This has really damped out any vibration from the pump.

View attachment 7817903

View attachment 7817904
I connected the wiring loom using solder and heatshrink. I had intended to use Deutsch DTP connectors, but the cable was too thick. Do this before you put the pump in place as there is no room when it’s in position.

I decided to have the switch and the air outlet in the rear. There’s plenty of space behind the right hand rear panel to run the loom and the air hose.

The one compromise I made was to drill a hole in the plastic panel under the seat to get the air hose and loom out. If you took the seat out, you could avoid this. I decided to compromise, because once the rear seat squab is in place, you have to bend down and look really close to see the hose.
View attachment 7817907

View attachment 7817908

View attachment 7817906

View attachment 7817905

View attachment 7817909

Overall I’m pleased with the outcome.

As I was in there with the rear panel off, I thought it would be rude not to fit a couple of extra 12v sockets. I managed to run a cable all the way to the front footwell without much problem. The sad thing is, I then couldn’t find the outlet wires on the right hand side. I’ve checked other helpful threads from @Jean Mercier and @rovie, but mine are not easy to spot.

That was a bit frustrating!
Hi, thanks for sharing. Thinking of adding a compressor as well. What about cooling? I fear the compressor might get too hot when mounted under the seat next to aux battery. What is your first experience here?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for sharing. Thinking of adding a compressor as well. What about cooling? I fear the compressor might get too hot when mounted under the seat next to aux battery. What is your first experience here?
Hello @Deepblue

So far it has been fine. It is under the seat but the car is air conditioned and the temperature inside is much cooler than outside - at the moment anyway!

I used the pump to increase my tyre pressures on all four tyres yesterday and although the air cylinder on the tank did feel warm afterwards, the rest of the pump was fine and it did not seem to make much difference to everything else under the seat. Obviously, if you were to operate the pump for long periods then it may cause a problem, but to bring four tyres up to pressure (3.0 bar at the front and 3.4 bar at the rear) only took a few minutes as the pump is quite powerful.

Hope this helps

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello @Deepblue

So far it has been fine. It is under the seat but the car is air conditioned and the temperature inside is much cooler than outside - at the moment anyway!

I used the pump to increase my tyre pressures on all four tyres yesterday and although the air cylinder on the tank did feel warm afterwards, the rest of the pump was fine and it did not seem to make much difference to everything else under the seat. Obviously, if you were to operate the pump for long periods then it may cause a problem, but to bring four tyres up to pressure (3.0 bar at the front and 3.4 bar at the rear) only took a few minutes as the pump is quite powerful.

Hope this helps
From what tyre pressure did you start ?

jb_hamon

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today, I installed a rubber carpet in the back of the Grenadier. It’s 3mm thick and I adjusted it directly in place.

Attachments

• IMG_4859.jpeg
    IMG_4859.jpeg
    344 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_4864.jpeg
    IMG_4864.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 131

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today, I made a little mod to my safari windows and it’s perfect now. Previously my Safari windows when fully open would rattle at the hinge when going over bumps. A small thin strip of neoprene rubber stuck on the bottom of hinge stops the rattles. Opening and closing is perfect with no leaks when closed.

Attachments

• 1194A7AD-0E88-4947-8903-E421E8D92919.jpeg
    1194A7AD-0E88-4947-8903-E421E8D92919.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 8C2D1FCA-D06E-4F9C-ACF1-223C831A8D43.jpeg
    8C2D1FCA-D06E-4F9C-ACF1-223C831A8D43.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 90

Magical Mystery Tours

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IA accessory or something bought elsewhere? Seems to fit perfect.
We found it on Amazon, there are some suppliers (good and bad). And (in the metric system) 5x3 cm it fits perfectly. You might also find companies that individually make something like this. However, if you have an intake snorkel, you are not so tied to size. As far as we know, Grenadiers with an intake snorkel do not have this gadget.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom