The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi Jean, I have pre-ordered a Left Hand Drive Trial Master for the US/NA Market.
So there are two sets of auxiliary power wiring, one in the passenger footwell area and one in the drivings side footwell area?
DaBull
Yes, there are two in the footwell, in each car, one right, one left + one under the bonnet left + one with 3 wires, documented elsewhere under the rear seat, or for those with a utility car somewhere in the back middle of the battery compartment

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:31 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Yesterday I have a delve into the loadbay to see that everything I wanted for RIAT would fit. (Royal International Air Tattoo - I'm a finance volunteer). By the time I have added my posh tent, electric coolbox, beer, spare clothing and camp bed, I should still have some space. The next 20 minutes were spend getting the bits of soil and conifer out of the back, (having moved some conifers from my mother in law's).

The contents is fairly typical for me, spare wheel for my '91 LR90, box of tools and recovery gear, tea making bag, sleeping bag and a motorway coat.

IMG_3423.jpeg

The other two pictures show what's covering the loadbay floor, assuming you did not get the Ineos L-Track.

Today, I finally put my personalised registration plate onto the Grenadier.

Gren 26-06 - 3.jpeg Gren 26-06 - 4.jpeg

Attachments

• Gren 26-06 - 1.jpeg
    Gren 26-06 - 1.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Gren 26-06 - 2.jpeg
    Gren 26-06 - 2.jpeg
    578.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
699 but your UN is 996. Any significance?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yesterday I have a delve into the loadbay to see that everything I wanted for RIAT would fit. (Royal International Air Tattoo - I'm a finance volunteer). By the time I have added my posh tent, electric coolbox, beer, spare cloting and camp bed, I should still have some space. The next 20 minutes were spend getting the bits of soil and conifer out of the back, (having moved some conifers from my mother in law's).

The contents is fairly typical for me, spare wheel for my '91 LR90, box of tools and recovery gear, tea making bag, sleeping bag and a motorway coat.

View attachment 7818068

The other two pictures show what's covering the loadbay floor, assuming you did not get the Ineos L-Track.

Today, I finally put my personalised registration plate onto the Grenadier.

View attachment 7818071 View attachment 7818072
I have the same liner in my boot (however cut for the rails), while most of the users here seem to have the more greyish one, which has the small rectangles profile.

Do we (you&me) have a better, worse, maybe a stopgap type? Or is yours -like mine- just a utility (== longer liner)?

1687803758986.png

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
In Fairford?

Great show, been there, love it! (y)
Yep great show - flew in it four times in the TriStar and once in a Nimrod.
Below is the ZD951 parked on static, after flying the display.
The beautiful aircraft was white, but someone thought the aircraft would be better painted pink to fly over the Saudi desert.

TriStar - 1.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
RIAT is at Fairford; I'll be there from Thursday 13th July.

I do have the Utility - so I guess I have the longer liner.

The 996 comes from my Morgan, PUY996L; the plate JEZ699 was, (for the UK), cheap and not objectionable, so I bought it.

Mog Melton Car Show - 1.jpeg

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I remember when there was a Phantom F4 which came from Danmark.

He made a very, very low approach. I guess it was 60 or 70 feet AGL at most. We saw him coming down the runway almost silently. But as airshow lunatics we knew what was coming ...

When he was at our level, an all of a sudden huge sonic wave thundered around our ears. And almost blew us away. It had approached just below the supersonic limit, and anyone who wasn't prepared for it was almost swept away. Won-der-ful!

At the end of the runway, he finally put the thing on the spike and turned on the afterburners. WOW!

It then went straight up, got faster and faster, smaller and quieter, and then just disappeared. Gone, no more silhouette, no sound, nothing, silence.

But they had switched the radio to the PA system, so everyone could listen in on the radio traffic. The pilot gave his last message: "At 55,000 ft now, going back to Danmark. Thank you and good bye!" Fiftyfivethousand feet. In less then two minutes. BANG!

By then he was already long out of sight.

I'll never forget that.

This aircraft type was already about 50 (!!) years old at that time. What a magnificent performance.

For me, the F4 is THE fighter aircraft of all time. The first flight was in 1958, when I was just one year old. Simply grandiose.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:31 AM
Reaction score
I remember when there was a Phantom F4 which came from Danmark.

He made a very, very low approach. I guess it was 60 or 70 feet AGL at most. We saw him coming down the runway almost silently. But as airshow lunatics we knew what was coming ...

When he was at our level, an all of a sudden huge sonic wave thundered around our ears. And almost blew us away. It had approached just below the supersonic limit, and anyone who wasn't prepared for it was almost swept away. Won-der-ful!

At the end of the runway, he finally put the thing on the spike and turned on the afterburners. WOW!

It then went straight up, got faster and faster, smaller and quieter, and then just disappeared. Gone, no more silhouette, no sound, nothing, silence.

But they had switched the radio to the PA system, so everyone could listen in on the radio traffic. The pilot gave his last message: "At 55,000 ft now, going back to Danmark. Thank you and good bye!" Fiftyfivethousand feet. In less then two minutes. BANG!

By then he was already long out of sight.

I'll never forget that.

This aircraft type was already about 50 (!!) years old at that time. What a magnificent performance.

For me, the F4 is THE fighter aircraft of all time. The first flight was in 1958, when I was just one year old. Simply grandiose.
I had the opposite happen back around 1979
This plane was operated by an Australian comedian called Norman Gunston.
I was standing just off the runway at Sydney airport working on the T-Vasis when this thing landed about 5 metres away.
Almost no noise compared to the DC10's and 707's
Landed at walking pace and in about 100 metres of runway.

1687813959830.png

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
Great pics and nice to hear about your travels.

What type and size of tyres have you now gone for?
285/70r17 black bear mud terrains. Ran them on my cruiser after years on bf ko2s and loved them.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I had the opposite happen back around 1979
This plane was operated by an Australian comedian called Norman Gunston.
I was standing just off the runway at Sydney airport working on the T-Vasis when this thing landed about 5 metres away.
Almost no noise compared to the DC10's and 707's
Landed at walking pace and in about 100 metres of runway.

View attachment 7818110
I love the DC3s.

You must have a look at the TV series "Ice Pilots". It's about "Buffalo Air" in Canada, which mainly operate old airplanes with radial piston engines.

They are the toughest airmen I have seen so far. An engine repair at -40°C outside in the snow, for example.
I never understood why someone would be proud of a cap from a soccer star.
But now, I do: I have a Buffalo Air cap, signed personally by Mikey and Joey. :love:
And if you're interested, check out the Dutch movie "Dakota". A crazy guy living in the Dutch Antilles and short on cash flies contraband somewhere to escape the authorities who want to ground his DC3. So he flees across the Atlantic and eventually lands in Ameland, an island on the coast of the Netherlands. Normally, that's not possible with a DC3. But he manages it with a crazy trick.

It's a funny movie and a great tribute to the DC3. Found only a German Wikipedia article:

/offtopic ;-)

Last edited:

AMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:31 PM
Reaction score
I did this… E8C3E0BA-C56A-413A-A45D-30E6A396F108.jpeg50A20FEA-5304-4176-AC58-81E02641E8D3.jpeg2F540E3B-30AB-459A-8049-6AA46FA5A8EB.jpegDA4DD72E-26BA-4EB3-ADED-C96DB362F60D.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A21294E-ACDB-4542-A609-8465AEE593DD.jpeg
    5A21294E-ACDB-4542-A609-8465AEE593DD.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 15D08773-985E-4E0A-9CBD-A538D504E651.jpeg
    15D08773-985E-4E0A-9CBD-A538D504E651.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom