The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Grenadier Model: Trialmaster, LHD, Diesel

Today I installed a socket for a Deutsch plug on the left-hand trim panel in the boot. It is intended for use with Deutsch DT (not DTP!). I pulled the wires from the left front footwell under the panels to the rear. I am in the process of putting an identical socket in the right front footwell (as soon as I have this, I will send photos again). This way I can switch these sockets via the switches on the ceiling.

When I dismantled the side panels in the boot, I noticed that there are M8 nuts welded on there, which are hidden by the trim. I took the opportunity to fit M8 threaded sleeves. At this point I drilled a hole in the fairing. This way I can attach M8 screws or ring eyes at any time. You can see the sleeves once in the photos. On the other side I screwed in screws with plastic handles once.

Such welded-on nuts can also be found behind the covers on the top. I have also mounted M8 threaded bolts there, which I have covered with grip screws.

I plan to screw stowage boxes into the recesses on both sides. But first I have to think about what that should look like.

Until the next time.
great pick up thanks, easy optional mount for (larger) fire extinguisher...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
As I was in there with the rear panel off, I thought it would be rude not to fit a couple of extra 12v sockets. I managed to run a cable all the way to the front footwell without much problem. The sad thing is, I then couldn’t find the outlet wires on the right hand side. I’ve checked other helpful threads from @Jean Mercier and @rovie, but mine are not easy to spot.

That was a bit frustrating!
I found in my own pictures one with the auxiliary power wires. Even if somebody retaped it, you should probably be able to feel the tips:
20230521_151954 auxiliary power wires.jpg

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:33 PM
Reaction score
I just spent 4 days in the bush, driving 6 WRC rally routes in my Grenadier. Done it every year for the past three: the prior two years in my 200 series and this year in my Grenadier.

It involves single lane Kenyan tarmac (stressful) to get to the stages, corrugation (lava rock) in-between stages and then a mix of mud, rock, savannah and “fesh fesh” (deep dust) within the stages. It’s extremely rough.

I can honestly say I made the right choice with this vehicle. It felt invincible. Absolutely unbelievable in the bush- steady, confident- zero issues whatsoever. I was pleasantly surprised on tarmac too. Once you get used to the steering and how it handles, you’re far more confident in its ability.

I must admit, at first I was quite afraid of high speed tarmac driving on narrow winding roads… but after this trip I’ve learnt how to deal with the beast and trust it! You learn that when you point and shoot, it just goes. You learn not to overcorrect, which is one of the reasons I was timid. There’s a natural tendency to overcorrect when the steering is more loose than you’re used to. But the grenadier felt nimble and planted when I pushed it and trusted it more.

The acceleration is fantastic, especially for single lane tarmac highways with more trucks than you can count. And then there’s the brakes- before I left the city, I didn’t really know just how powerful the braking system is because city driving is mostly tempered and progressive braking. But on this trip, emergency braking was critical off-road and on. And the 3.5 ton machine literally comes to a halt when you need it to, and is ready to take off again, faster than you can push your foot down!

This post may sound crazy, but you need to do this trip to understand what I’m talking about. This isn’t overloading, nor is it rock crawling or off-roading on trails. This is driving out in the wild where you don’t have a map, or any idea what the next turn brings. Animals, trenches, massive rocks… trucks… and you have very little time to get from point to point, mostly between 1 and 4am in pitch darkness…

I’ve attached a snippet of some of the roads/paths driven…

If you’ve got a Grenadier on order, well done! If you’re on the fence, get off and get one!View attachment 7817932View attachment 7817933View attachment 7817934View attachment 7817939View attachment 7817940View attachment 7817941View attachment 7817942
Great pics and nice to hear about your travels.

What type and size of tyres have you now gone for?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just spent 4 days in the bush, driving 6 WRC rally routes in my Grenadier. Done it every year for the past three: the prior two years in my 200 series and this year in my Grenadier.

It involves single lane Kenyan tarmac (stressful) to get to the stages, corrugation (lava rock) in-between stages and then a mix of mud, rock, savannah and “fesh fesh” (deep dust) within the stages. It’s extremely rough.

I can honestly say I made the right choice with this vehicle. It felt invincible. Absolutely unbelievable in the bush- steady, confident- zero issues whatsoever. I was pleasantly surprised on tarmac too. Once you get used to the steering and how it handles, you’re far more confident in its ability.

I must admit, at first I was quite afraid of high speed tarmac driving on narrow winding roads… but after this trip I’ve learnt how to deal with the beast and trust it! You learn that when you point and shoot, it just goes. You learn not to overcorrect, which is one of the reasons I was timid. There’s a natural tendency to overcorrect when the steering is more loose than you’re used to. But the grenadier felt nimble and planted when I pushed it and trusted it more.

The acceleration is fantastic, especially for single lane tarmac highways with more trucks than you can count. And then there’s the brakes- before I left the city, I didn’t really know just how powerful the braking system is because city driving is mostly tempered and progressive braking. But on this trip, emergency braking was critical off-road and on. And the 3.5 ton machine literally comes to a halt when you need it to, and is ready to take off again, faster than you can push your foot down!

This post may sound crazy, but you need to do this trip to understand what I’m talking about. This isn’t overloading, nor is it rock crawling or off-roading on trails. This is driving out in the wild where you don’t have a map, or any idea what the next turn brings. Animals, trenches, massive rocks… trucks… and you have very little time to get from point to point, mostly between 1 and 4am in pitch darkness…

I’ve attached a snippet of some of the roads/paths driven…

If you’ve got a Grenadier on order, well done! If you’re on the fence, get off and get one!View attachment 7817932View attachment 7817933View attachment 7817934View attachment 7817939View attachment 7817940View attachment 7817941View attachment 7817942
Brilliant two days out. Not been following the WRC, this year. Lead car: Toyota?

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I found in my own pictures one with the auxiliary power wires. Even if somebody retaped it, you should probably be able to feel the tips:
View attachment 7817993
Thanks @Jean Mercier and @rovie

I am still struggling to find them! They are certainly not obvious. Have a look .............

20230626_101403.jpg

20230626_101421.jpg

As you can see I have started to peel away the insulation tape, but not found anything. Please highlight if you notice where they are, or at least could be.

This may be a trip to the dealer to get them to show me where they are.

Many thanks

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score

I am still struggling to find them! They are certainly not obvious. Have a look .............

View attachment 7817997

View attachment 7817998

As you can see I have started to peel away the insulation tape, but not found anything. Please highlight if you notice where they are, or at least could be.

Many thanks
@Highwayman Reach around the thick wiring harness at the level of the cable tie. You may feel that the harness tapers a little at one point. They may have wrapped the cable ends with insulating tape.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7817997

View attachment 7817998

Many thanks

@rovie is right: under the cable tie, anyway. Try to feel the wire tips of my picture, could well be behind the wiring harness.

And then, the only place I would try to feel at is the strange bow, see the arrow, but this is a guess. I don't think it will be lower than that.

20230626_101403.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7817997

View attachment 7817998

Many thanks
Have you ordered the auxiliary charge points. Just a thought as I don’t know your configuration. Maybe if auxiliary charge points are not part of your model or add ons then that’s why you can’t find the wires. 🤔

Highwayman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Jean Mercier , @rovie and @Logsplitter for your help and suggestions

I've found them! What a fuss. I removed the black support bracket in front of the thick loom and prodded about and found them.

Ten minutes later and the Deutsch plug is fitted and all finished.

Happy days! Thanks again and hopefully I can return the favour sometime .........

20230626_115025.jpg

20230626_131659.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reactions: PBD

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Yes, indeed, but you have exactly the same at the other side!
Hi Jean, I have pre-ordered a Left Hand Drive Trial Master for the US/NA Market.
So there are two sets of auxiliary power wiring, one in the passenger footwell area and one in the drivings side footwell area?
DaBull

Back
Top Bottom