The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Last couple of weekends have been busy. I'm now mostly done with most things I wanted to do.

Here we go..

Better mounts for my ARB side lights. Found these on amazon for cheap and they work great.
1000032786.jpg
Relocated the gmrs radio antenna to the roof rack. I have a tall antenna for being in he country side, this is for daily use.
1000032789.jpg

Got my bullet point cell phone mount, gmrs handset mount and tablet mount installed on a eBay bracket out of China. Really, really stable. Added a USB power source in the passenger footwell tie wrapped to a wire bundle on the left side of the footwell. Pulled power from the int wire on the right side of the footwell. That also powers my gmrs radio and my weboost + the USB socket. I may blow a fuse if I pull a lot of power on all three at the same time but I should be okay.

I love that mount. Really happy with it. I get very little blockage of aircon or instruments.
1000032779.jpg
I installed the linear 42" light bar from triple-R lights. UK brand and made in the UK. Really, really good control of the directivity of the lights. Can't wait how they will work with my Baja 80 lights in the grille. Can't adjust them until it gets dark but I think it's going to be awesome based on the daylight tests I've done. 24.3Amp draw and just works on the roof rack. I extended the wire harness and ran it in a rubber channel I installed in front of the first bar.
1000032781.jpg

I added a relay for the chase lights and I also have the relay controlled by one of the switches up front. I had to add diode protection to prevent backfeed. Red-Orange is the reverse light wire. Took power from the battery side of the 500A relay (and fused it at 5A).
1000032764.jpg
Finally, some vanity... I installed a decal from my favorite race. 😁
1000032776.jpg

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Well I’ve tried everything besides taking the protection plate off but can’t get it to work. Changed batteries in hand set, tried handbrake off and in neutral with engine running various combinations but no luck. I’ve never used it before apart trying it on my driveway after I first bought the vehicle.
Luckily there is enough room inside outer plastic bumper to store the rope until I get around to getting it checked out View attachment 7865844at the Ineos garage.
@Wile E Coyote had a problem with the control box which he rectified, I'm sure he'll comment with the solution

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Same orientation as I have for GMRS/WeBoost antenna locations!
I played around with it a lot but I find this the easiest location to raise and fold the antenna. I also like that it is not immediate over the roof rack bar, is slightly forward of perpendicular which reduces chances of contacts when it gets bouncy. I found the little plastic anchor piece to be useless

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 PM
Reaction score
An interesting place for a stroll :love:

Just out of interest are the three tracks leading down to your Grenadier from some sort of wind-powered device?
Yes @Max well recognised. We have seen the vehicle. It looked like a 3-wheeled pram, only bigger. The driver was lying in a seat and steering a paraglider-type glider. The vehicle is pretty damn fast.

Reactions: Max

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Logsplitter - Did you get the winch sorted? After reading your post I decided to go out and give mine a go. Had it 3 weeks so I guess it’s time. I pulled the rope out and flipped the lever back but nothing. I also heard the solenoid click, but no winch pull. I ended up having to re-pair the remote to the winch. Then it worked as it should. Good luck with yours.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
a bit of scouting yesterday

Attachments

• tempImageAX0HiG.jpg
    tempImageAX0HiG.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 29
  • tempImage0iZBdu.jpg
    tempImage0iZBdu.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 26
  • tempImageekJSfQ.jpg
    tempImageekJSfQ.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 37

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
@Logsplitter - Did you get the winch sorted? After reading your post I decided to go out and give mine a go. Had it 3 weeks so I guess it’s time. I pulled the rope out and flipped the lever back but nothing. I also heard the solenoid click, but no winch pull. I ended up having to re-pair the remote to the winch. Then it worked as it should. Good luck with yours.
No luck with mine. I have re paired the winch and handset but no luck. I need to contact the dealer and @Wile E Coyote as he had an issue with his and made a fix apparently

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst checking the vehicle over yesterday I found one of the radiator fixings loose but didn’t have an external torx drive bit so used knipex grips. More tools to buy today. 🤔IMG_3636.jpeg

Pat

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Enjoying the alps between Italy and France.
View attachment 7865727
Yes, I would say a really beautiful area where it is allowed to go offroad some days of the week.
Have you done also Sommeiller and Jafferau or you only Assietta? I have done all by motorcyle but by car I would not do not dare the first two - because I am not so experienced 4x4 offroader and especially going down the route to Bardonecchia especially in the afternoon after the daily thunderstorm.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
Brilliant. Thanks. Is it easy enough to get the light out ? I’ve had the surround off before to aid getting at the auxiliary radiators.
It's pretty easy, it's just screws and clips. Black surround first, then the coloured plastic surround. Then unscrew the screws which hold the light in, there is one screw that adjusts the level on the light - don't unscrew this one. Sorry no detailed pics. Unplug the two plugs at the rear of the light and remove.
PXL_20240316_024355485.jpg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom