The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
At Bramwell station today. Tiny dust leak at back door, seems to be in the top middle of the big door. Otherwise it's going brilliantly.
Old telegraph track tomorrow.
On mine, bull dust come thru door handle on the 1/3 door and bottom side of the 1/3 door window.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:46 PM
Reaction score
Installed my Tougher seat covers and dash cover. Excellent fit and quality. I’m very happy with the customer service as well. They accommodated my request to put the logo patch on the rear of the headrests and I think it turned out good. I would recommend their products for anyone shopping for seat covers. 👍

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Just moved the Grenadier off the drive, so I could take the Morgan down onto Melton's Market Place.

Gren - - 1 (2).jpeg
Once down on Market Place, I parked next to an AEC Matador. During the war these were used an gun tractors, (usually the 5.5" gun), post war as recovery vehicles and logging tractors. This one dates from the mid '50s and the bed is modern.

Gren - - 1 (1).jpeg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Today I decided to check and test the winch. Pulled out the line in free spool, a bit stiff but did it ok and pulled out to the red marker. All good so far. Turned the remote on and full green light. Green light also flashing as it should when winch in or out is pressed. Vehicle in neutral, hand brake on , 500a switch on overhead console on. Winch lever in verticle/engaged position. Nothing working. Re-paired the handset and tested power at the 150a breaker under the bonnet, all good. Still not working. The solenoid can be heard clicking in when turning on the 500a switch and I have power at the NATO plug at the rear.
Anyone that has ideas please. Winch line out on the driveway and I’m off for a walk withe dog until someone can help me figure what’s wrong.
Thanks in advance. 👍🏼

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I decided to check and test the winch. Pulled out the line in free spool, a bit stiff but did it ok and pulled out to the red marker. All good so far. Turned the remote on and full green light. Green light also flashing as it should when winch in or out is pressed. Vehicle in neutral, hand brake on , 500a switch on overhead console on. Winch lever in verticle/engaged position. Nothing working. Re-paired the handset and tested power at the 150a breaker under the bonnet, all good. Still not working. The solenoid can be heard clicking in when turning on the 500a switch and I have power at the NATO plug at the rear.
Anyone that has ideas please. Winch line out on the driveway and I’m off for a walk withe dog until someone can help me figure what’s wrong.
Thanks in advance. 👍🏼
Bit odd that. Would try a few variations, offroad mode, handbrake off, in drive etc

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:46 PM
Reaction score
Thanks in advance. 👍🏼
I would love to help you. But I don't have a winch myself and therefore unfortunately have no experience to pass on to you. Sorry mate.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
Thanks in advance. 👍🏼
I assume the car is on, since you say it is in neutral? Car must be running.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I assume the car is on, since you say it is in neutral? Car must be running.
Yes engine running at the time. I’ll try again later. Now walking the dog at Uffington White Horse followed by Sunday pub lunch and some liquid refreshments 🍻IMG_3642.jpeg

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:46 AM
Reaction score
Pulled out the line in free spool, a bit stiff but did it ok and pulled out ...
In my case it is very very stiff. I usually put the lever in horizontal position (free spool) and pull the line out with the help of my remote.

But this doesn't help you in your diagnosis. It seems you checked all evident stuff!

Still two ideas:
  1. replace the batteries of the remote, perhaps enough power to pair, but not enough to send the continuous signal to "winch". (but I guess this will not help)
  2. remove the protection plate (I forgot the name used on the forum: skid plate?) under the car and check the connections of the winch

Beware that putting the protection plate back is not that easy, especially, as is perhaps your case, if it is slightly bent.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I’ve tried everything besides taking the protection plate off but can’t get it to work. Changed batteries in hand set, tried handbrake off and in neutral with engine running various combinations but no luck. I’ve never used it before apart trying it on my driveway after I first bought the vehicle.
Luckily there is enough room inside outer plastic bumper to store the rope until I get around to getting it checked out IMG_3647.jpegat the Ineos garage.

Back
Top Bottom