The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score
I am home from my hip surgery 3 days ago. I climbed in my car to move it 1 m backwards so that my wife could manoeuvre her car more easily in the garden: took me 10 minutes. Indeed climbing in and getting out was difficult. Luckily I have the BUZZ rocksliders/sidesteps.

Good luck with you recovery 🙏
@Jean Mercier you're more daring than I would be after hip surgery!!!

Rest up and be well.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:26 PM
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:26 AM
Reaction score
30 minute install for a retired guy (me) is not a lot of time. I did it as much for fun as anything else.
Your car, your money and your time
That's the beauty of the Grenadier.
I have a list of 50 things I am planning to do once i finish the other stuff I am doing

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am home from my hip surgery 3 days ago. I climbed in my car to move it 1 m backwards so that my wife could manoeuvre her car more easily in the garden: took me 10 minutes. Indeed climbing in and getting out was difficult. Luckily I have the BUZZ rocksliders/sidesteps.

Hope your convalescence goes well Jean ... you may be the oldest "hipster"on the forum! :cool:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Your car, your money and your time
That's the beauty of the Grenadier.
I have a list of 50 things I am planning to do once i finish the other stuff I am doing
We saw Jimeoin (comedian for you those that don't know) at The Theatre Royal last night.
He doesn't have a bucket list.
He is prone to being lazy around the place.
Therefore he admits he has a fucket list :D

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score

Good luck with you recovery 🙏
Get well soon Jean. 👍

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
Drove into a field, cooked, drank some beers and some wines, chewed the cud with my younger child and then told ghost stories and slept like ye gods. Woke up, cooked some bacon, drank some coffee, drove out of the fields.

Attachments

• IMG_1407.jpeg
    IMG_1407.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1411.jpeg
    IMG_1411.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1414.jpeg
    IMG_1414.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
  • E5639BB1-2561-4FE4-AD0F-5CB141D1F962.jpeg
    E5639BB1-2561-4FE4-AD0F-5CB141D1F962.jpeg
    941.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1437.jpeg
    IMG_1437.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 71
  • AABA3032-4DAC-41E0-828C-DD9948F6F35A.jpeg
    AABA3032-4DAC-41E0-828C-DD9948F6F35A.jpeg
    1,009.3 KB · Views: 72

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the checker plate from EXTEC on the rear bumper. It simply gives be a better stand and a bit bigger area to step on.
Superb quality from Extec - what a difference to some checker plates coming from some other countries 😉👍IMG_4849.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4848.jpeg
    IMG_4848.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always was wondering why there is no second airlinerail in the back. There is one …..but what do you fix on one rail?! 😂😳
Anyway - today I fixes an airlinerail from @Offroadtec. Offroadtec- Good Quality and an outstanding support 👍👍

Tomorrow I will fix one on the other side as well. 👍

IMG_4872.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4850.jpeg
    IMG_4850.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4886.jpeg
    IMG_4886.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
I always was wondering why there is no second airlinerail in the back. There is one …..but what do you fix on one rail?! 😂😳
Anyway - today I fixes an airlinerail from @Offroadtec. Offroadtec- Good Quality and an outstanding support 👍👍

Tomorrow I will fix one on the other side as well. 👍

View attachment 7864175
How is that airline strip attached to the vehicle?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So as some of you know, I recently had a knee replacement so haven’t driven the IG for around 6 weeks.
So yesterday was time to remedy that with a day trip out into the country.

The boss (swmbo) and I headed off around 7-45am up the highway towards the Sunny Coast before heading west towards Kilcoy all up an hour at 100km/hr. Quick stop at the bakery for a coffee and breakfast.
Then we headed up into the mountains to Jimna to explore some of the forest tracks and just enjoy some country dirt roads and the scenery. The bushfire observation tower at Jimna that you used to be able to climb to see the countryside for miles is now closed and sadly falling into disrepair.

IMG_6155.jpeg

Highlight of the trip. We came upon a large wedge tail eagle just dropping down onto the road in front of us to land on a hare that had recently been hit by a car (roadkill). We pulled up to watch it circle down onto the hare about 20m in front of us. It then lifted the hare into the air and slowly headed off away from the road. Spectacular to watch, and while not the biggest we have seen, was every bit of 2 metres in wingspan. (Not quick enough to get a pic)

Heading back down the mountain via Monsildale we took the Louisavale station track across to Linville which in my view is better than the Condamine River run. Basically a goat track across numerous properties (4-5gates) that follows the creek with multiple creek crossings of various sizes. Nothing challenging other than one dropoff that might get an SUV hung up if not careful but just a pretty drive along the creek for 10-15km.

Then a picnic lunch near Linville along the Brisbane River, before heading west to Blackbutt and south along backroads to Esk, and around Lake Wivenhoe. Final leg over Mt Glorious and Mt Nebo getting home nnear 6pm.

Great day out in the country, the grenny made it comfortable and easy and just did what it had to do. A fun touring vehicle.

The steering - just steered. The hump un-noticed. Great day out with the bride.

All up 475km, 10 hours with 8 hrs driving time, ave speed 58km/hr, 11.3L/100km.

Some highway, twisty dirt roads up into the mountains, goat track station tracks, secondary bitumen country roads through nice scenery both open and forest, then a tight twisty drive with lots of 20-30/kmhr turn up into the mountains to end the trip home. Loved it.

IMG_6163.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom