The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
Re- visited where we got married. Where the Grenadier is parked. In Scotland you can get married anywhere, provided the Registrar can or is prepared to make it there.

Now that is one hell of a place to get married. I hope the weather was good or that would certainly be one miserable place to get married if it decided to have sideways rain !!

So was the grass greener on the other side of that particular fence ?? 😃

• Haha
Reactions: Max

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
Now that is one hell of a place to get married. I hope the weather was good or that would certainly be one miserable place to get married if it decided to have sideways rain !!

So was the grass greener on the other side of that particular fence ?? 😃
The weather was good because it was this day some 5 years ago (2nd marriage). The gate wasn't there then.

BCM09

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
45 is really high. Look at a tire load chart. Remember that you went from an LT Metric to LT Flotation

According to the load table, a LT265/70R17 @ 40psi give a load limit of 2075lbs. A 35x12.50R17LT @ 30psi has a load limit of 2155lbs.
So, as long as you are above 30psi, you are safe. Anything above 30psi is there for you to adjust for handling, ride, additional loads, etc.

Many thanks for the explanation terdrocket. Will adjust and report back!

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:45 PM
Reaction score
I have added three exterior lights, glare shields for the license plate lights, a two-way radio, and a single berth sleeping platform without any cutting, drilling, or re-wiring. Very satisfying (for now at least).

jert

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
Hi Jert, I like the molle window grill/ table. Does it rattle when you drive and I really would like one. Could you you send me a link to the shop?
Best wishes
Dermot
Hi Dermot, it is just a piece of plastic coated wood I found in my garage + 2 short pieces of rope. Total built time roughly 10 minutes. It does not stay on while driving, so no rattle 😉

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Actually.... submarines are often referred to as "boats" in the RN, RAN and USN... :cool:

This has just reminded me, I used to work with a RN Submariner. We always asked him what ship he was on in the navy. He would react every time and snap back

“It was a boat not a ship”

It never got old. 😂

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:45 AM
Reaction score
I'm wondering how this would go over corrugations? the display shakes vigorously when you drive on them
And how is it attached?

I used Velcro to attach the sun screen over the centre console, no issues for the first couple of weeks. No heavy corrugations but plenty of bumps. The give in the Velcro helps absorb any vibrations.

There are two screw holes in the screen, I assume to attach the screen (there are no installation instructions), I am not doing that, esp since the Velcro has worked so well. I used 2.5mm Velcro, but 2mm will be better.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was actually yesterday (y)

I have been toying with the Grill for some time and finally, I have wrapped the above and below white sections to extend the height of the grill to give it more of the old Defender look...the chrome strips will stay there for the moment, they still look ok because they line up with the headlight surrounds, top and bottom...I think it toughens up the front end but so many variations could be had...if it were a darker colour and I had the gloss black roof, I would look at a gloss black grill and headlight surrounds...for that matter, it probably would work here...back to the photoshop :)

IMG_6954.jpgIMG_6953.jpgIMG_6953.jpg

Last edited:

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
IMG_9700.jpeg

Winters coming off and AT’s going back on.

I managed to nab a set of 4x steel wheels and the Bridgestones for £400 on eBay recently. I’m going to have a set of wheels with the BFG AT’s and a set with my winters. Unfortunately the new wheels don’t have tpms sensors the tyre fitter reckons he can clone some universal ones to make them work.

Anyone in NE Scotland like a set of oem unused Bridgestone AT’s?

Back
Top Bottom