The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
Today I picked up my vehicle from Grange Edinburgh. Wow, love it. Had to stop a mile into my 120 mile return as bonnet wasn’t closed properly, but a good slam sorted that. BFG tyres increased temperature enough for TDMS to give amber warning for over-pressure @ 42psi but again easily fixed. My overall first impression is ‘superb’. Feels and drives like an agile tank.
Christened with a glass of champagne.
looks fantastic in those colours - I thought you were going to type that you had to stop after a mile because you couldn't see for the massive grin on your face!

ps. the tulips not bad either.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just over the 1000 mile mark, with a journey to see my mother in Colchester, 2 x 130 miles and 2.5 hours driving time each way. Listened to a Lord Peter Wimsey mystery, (iPhone using BBC Sounds using ApplePlay), on the standard car stereo. I couldn't imagine doing that in my LR110, as it was just too loud - we both tended to use noise cancelling headphones, listening to different things.

Thankfully, my mother can get in the Grenadier and get comfortable; my wife is also comfortable in the back, so the next trip to France will be fine. I have the Ineos side bars and they seem to do a good job.

The Grenadier seems to be loosening up nicely, no dramas and a relatively quick journey there and back.

Drove past the Colchester Ineos dealer - lots of vehicles outside; I used to work near that site back in 1983/84 for Lancasters, PDI'ing and delivering Porsche and Ferrari, during the university holidays.
+1 for Wimsey

glad to hear it's loosening up nicely.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:17 AM
Reaction score
Went yesterday to my judo training and got an "adequate" present from one of my teammates for my car:
20230516_145729.jpg
Today, coming back from an assignment I passed by at my dealer to get some answers. The manager and his assistant weren't present, but a trainee was there (guy works already several months there for the Grenadier). He really likes cars and although he couldn't answer my specific questions, he was well aware of some general problems. He told me a software update will be released soon (soon meaning "late" in Ineos standards).

And as I complained about my left rear mirror not being able to put it in the "dead angle" he gave me a trick: with the electric positioning buttons, force the mirror to look downwards, and then put it in the dead angle. The view is slightly downwards, but you see the car in the dead angle! (y):)

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today I picked up my vehicle from Grange Edinburgh. Wow, love it. Had to stop a mile into my 120 mile return as bonnet wasn’t closed properly, but a good slam sorted that. BFG tyres increased temperature enough for TDMS to give amber warning for over-pressure @ 42psi but again easily fixed. My overall first impression is ‘superb’. Feels and drives like an agile tank.
Christened with a glass of champagne.
Looking good.

That must be 3 or 4 mentioning the bonnet issue on pickup?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well having it home delivered last week, today was actually the first time I'd driven it. A trip to the agent's for a missing cargo barrier and a long list of queries.

Out of the drive and into the lane, first warning - PDC error. Turn left onto the main road, a second warning, followed quickly by a third warning - TPMS error and rear seatbelts error. I must admit, I had a little inward giggle, as having shared so many of these stories with other on here, I knew it was just the Grenadier pulling my leg - he's a bit of a jester. Down to the mini roundabout, braked, gearbox downshifted very nicely, I checked all clear and accelerated away smoothly marveling at the way ZF could could make my life so much better. Then, a message I really didn't expect to see - Gearbox in "N":
WP_20230516_004.jpg
(photo taken later when parked up).

What the feck, I was doing 50mph at the time it first appeared. Those bastards at ZF weren't my friends anymore. Anyway, that particular message cycled though the screen all the way to the agents. Is there a prize for having the "first" of any particular fault?

I was just mulling over the ramifications of the gearbox thinking it was in neutral as I moved along at 50mph with an indicated 8th gear, when I was rudely brought back to the present by a new bong and a red warning that my front passenger door was open. For this message I decided it was time to pull over and check the door, it had proved troublesome when climbing in and out over the last few days & it would be an opportunity to switch it all off and back on again. I was but 2 miles from home.

After opening and shutting the door (it was actually open) and jumping back in, the rest of the trip was fairly unadventful.

I can say that it drove beautifully on a mixture of motorway, sweeping rural A roads and a smattering of very bumpy B roads. I allowed the same time to get to the agents as I had the week before to view the vehicle straight off the transporter in the old Defender; and despite not hurrying, indeed being overly careful to "run in" everything, I found myself about to be 20 mins early on a 56 mile journey. Best thing I could think of was park up for a photo:
WP_20230516_015.jpg

The journey home was even better - not a single message, error or warning, even the TPMS. The best thing I can say is it is a Defender on steroids. It has all the theatre of hustling along in a large 4x4 but just far more refined and large wads of power/torque available to get past the inevitable camper vans the old defender would be stuck behind for miles. Cabin is a very nice place to be, general sound levels exponentially better than a Defender.

I'd be very happy to wander across those large arrid plains in Spain and still have the right vehicle when I arrived at the ferry.

I've got a long list of jobs to do around the house tomorrow but will be looking for an excuse to visit the local agricultural store by the longest route possible.

Last edited:

Maxwell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well having it home delivered last week, today was actually the first time I'd driven it. A trip to the agent's for a missing cargo barrier and a long list of queries.

Out of the drive and into the lane, first warning - PDC error. Turn left onto the main road, a second warning, followed quickly by a third warning - TPMS error and rear seatbelts error. I must admit, I had a little inward giggle, as having shared so many of these stories with other on here, I knew it was just the Grenadier pulling my leg - he's a bit of a jester. Down to the mini roundabout, braked, gearbox downshifted very nicely, I checked all clear and accelerated away smoothly marveling at the way ZF could could make my life so much better. Then, a message I really didn't expect to see - Gearbox in "N":
View attachment 7812140

What the feck, I was doing 50mph at the time it first appeared. Those bastards at ZF weren't my friends anymore. Anyway, that particular message cycled though the screen all the way to the agents. Is there a prize for having the "first" of any particular fault?

I was just mulling over the ramifications of the gearbox thinking it was in neutral as I moved along at 50mph with an indicated 8th gear, when I was rudely brought back to the present by a new bong and a red warning that my front passenger door was open. For this message I decided it was time to pull over and check the door, it had proved troublesome when climbing in and out over the last few days & it would be an opportunity to switch it all off and back on again. I was but 2 miles from home.

After opening and shutting the door (it was actually open) and jumping back, the rest of the trip was fairly unadventful.

I can say that it drove beautifully on a mixture of motorway, sweeping rural A roads and a smattering of very bumpy B roads. I allowed the same time to get to the agents as I had the week before to view the vehicle straight off the transporter; and despite not hurrying, indeed being overly careful to "run in" everything, I found myself about to be 20 mins early on a 56 mile journey. Best thing I could think of was park up for a photo:
View attachment 7812146
So, has the agent answered any of your questions, yet?

Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
Then, a message I really didn't expect to see - Gearbox in "N"

I'm starting to wonder if all or most of the false warnings are related to the infotainment system and not actually a sensor or CAN bus problem. If the car really thought it was in neutral, surely that would cause more serious problems than just a message on the screen?

To my understanding, Ineos contracted out to Neusoft for the infotainment system.

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m getting through screen wash at some rate. The flat windscreen is picking up a fair amount of insect splatter. significant elbow grease required to remove the debris once you stop. But I don’t care. Always a big grin on my face 😁

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:17 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Working in the office today, so 10 miles, half on single track roads, listening to Radio 4. No dramas, just a brief "Transmission Fault" message.
Early evening, a 35 mile hack across country to an evening meeting in a pub, (yipeee!), but while negociating a diversion in Cotgrave, a bird poop the size of a tea plate splattered over the base of the windscreen and the bonnet. No idea what sort of bird, but I will feel cheated if it was not a Red Kite or Buzzard!

Meeting over, I zipped home to wash off the bird crap, taking 10 minutes and two buckets of water. I don't mind mud on the Grenadier, it sort of suits it, but bird droppings are beyond the pale, (and are warned about as potentially damaging the finish).

Now up to 1,125 miles driven.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I’m getting through screen wash at some rate. The flat windscreen is picking up a fair amount of insect splatter. significant elbow grease required to remove the debris once you stop.
It takes a while until the driving style has the perfection to get the flies mainly on the side windows.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7812140

After opening and shutting the door (it was actually open) and jumping back in, the rest of the trip was fairly unadventful.

I can say that it drove beautifully on a mixture of motorway, sweeping rural A roads and a smattering of very bumpy B roads. I allowed the same time to get to the agents as I had the week before to view the vehicle straight off the transporter in the old Defender; and despite not hurrying, indeed being overly careful to "run in" everything, I found myself about to be 20 mins early on a 56 mile journey. Best thing I could think of was park up for a photo:
View attachment 7812146

The journey home was even better - not a single message, error or warning, even the TPMS. The best thing I can say is it is a Defender on steroids. It has all the theatre of hustling along in a large 4x4 but just far more refined and large wads of power/torque available to get past the inevitable camper vans the old defender would be stuck behind for miles. Cabin is a very nice place to be, general sound levels exponentially better than a Defender.

I'd be very happy to wander across those large arrid plains in Spain and still have the right vehicle when I arrived at the ferry.

I've got a long list of jobs to do around the house tomorrow but will be looking for an excuse to visit the local agricultural store by the longest route possible.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, has the agent answered any of your questions, yet?
Yes, I've scattered the responses around in the various threads under what seems the most appropriate subject heading for each.

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m getting through screen wash at some rate. The flat windscreen is picking up a fair amount of insect splatter. significant elbow grease required to remove the debris once you stop. But I don’t care. Always a big grin on my face 😁
It's certainly that time of year, here in the UK. 👍

Reactions: PBD

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That’s a good sign in some way as through pesticide use insect numbers have dropped dramatically and I was in conversion with someone a few weeks back about how we used to get masses of insects splattered on the screen but not so much these days. It could be I live in a big arable area with lots of pesticide use. At the moment the fields are yellow with oil seed rape.

Back
Top Bottom