The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
And then I found some days ago some eyelet screws (M8)
How sturdy are the blanking plates? I haven’t tried removing them yet but was expecting you’d find captured nuts behind them rather than putting rivnuts into the blanking plates themselves.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
How sturdy are the blanking plates? I haven’t tried removing them yet but was expecting you’d find captured nuts behind them rather than putting rivnuts into the blanking plates themselves.
You can remove them with your fingers, pushing sidewards and pulling, with some force!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
So you won’t be putting anything too heavy on those M8 hooks then? 😀
I already screwed in eyelets months ago. I once posted photos. Lead ropes, halters, wet coats and so on hang from them. They dangle around. The loads are low for M8.

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
9:41 PM
Reaction score
Put on the taillight grill covers today

Seem very sturdy, I didn’t notice they are directional. I set it up there before taking the adhesive off and it was almost rubbing on the tail light lens so I rotated at 180 and it fit perfect, Just a little something to be aware of

IMG_0594.jpeg

FieldMonster

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, now it makes sense. Thank you. I’d worried that the rivnut on the blanking plate wouldn’t be very sturdy. Now I realise that it’s just nicely lined up so the M8 thread *also* goes straight back into the hefty captive bolt in the structure behind.

I’m impressed at your ability to get the two lined up so neatly!

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Not the first in the US but new to me. Installed the factory Bull Bar. Super easy…
You'll be needing a few 'roos now!
I've never seen a bull on the road. Only cows.
Cowbar doesn't seem right but hey , what's in a name? 😁

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:41 PM
Reaction score
Put on the taillight grill covers today

Seem very sturdy, I didn’t notice they are directional. I set it up there before taking the adhesive off and it was almost rubbing on the tail light lens so I rotated at 180 and it fit perfect, Just a little something to be aware of

View attachment 7843998

Are they the AliExpress cheapies mate, or something of more substance?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Called in at my dealer. they replaced the transfer/CDL lever for a new one rather than replace the locking pin. 5 minute job just had time to get a coffee. I'll see how long this one goes.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
Called in at my dealer. they replaced the transfer/CDL lever for a new one rather than replace the locking pin. 5 minute job just had time to get a coffee. I'll see how long this one goes.
Did they mention any update to pin retention? Otherwise put a few wraps of black tape or the @Jean Mercier velcro fix...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did they mention any update to pin retention? Otherwise put a few wraps of black tape or the @Jean Mercier velcro fix...
No, but I was confused why it wasn't a roll pin but a solid pin. mine dropped out in that very cold snap we had and I wondered if with being solid there was very minor temperature shrinkage. A roll pin under tension IMHO would be a better bet to hold it.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
Not the first in the US but new to me. Installed the factory Bull Bar. Super easy…

Before and After:
Congratulations! Looks great.
You'll be needing a few 'roos now!
I've never seen a bull on the road. Only cows.
Cowbar doesn't seem right but hey , what's in a name? 😁
So far in Seattle I've only seen raccoons and coyotes in the road. And tweakers, but calling it a tweaker bar is probably in bad taste.

Pauli

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 AM
Reaction score
Sehr schön aber leider nicht erlaubt in Europa! Hätte ich auch gerne... Obwohl es hier auch viele Ochsen 😜 gibt!

Very nice but unfortunately not allowed in Europe! I would also like... Although there are also a lot of oxen here 😜!

Back
Top Bottom