The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Actually need a beer. Been labouring all afternoon driving star pickets in and digging post holes.
Oh look! A White Rabbit dsrk ale is suddenly by my side. Joy!
Now you already have two mates. A bird and a rabbit. Take a photo of both of them with your beer. ;)

Reactions: PBD
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
For my birthday on the 30th, my wife secured a pre-approved vehicle loan from Navy Federal, so one less thing to worry about. It has a 90 day window, so I guess there's that to consider, but my Grenadier is on the Morning Chant, due in port at Port Hueneme on November 6, 2023. I'm thinking mid to late December delivery is on track, as has been previously speculated ad nauseum for the first USA deliveries.

Last night, I bought the Eibach lift springs (Grenadier with winch) off a website that I hope delivers. They were the least expensive I found, and after I had completed the purchase, I saw Yelp reviews of the site from the two extremes. One camp was that it's a scam and they don't deliver, don't communicate, etc. The other was that the bad reviews were from competitors trying to harm their business and that the deliveries, while sometimes delayed, came through fine. Their Google reviews were, however, mostly positive. We'll see. Armageddon Turbo in Albuquerque, NM, of anyone has had any experience with them, please let me know.

Also, received my AAWireless dongle from Amazon yesterday. It's smaller than the pictures on Amazon had me believing it would be. Maybe they should photograph it with a banana for scale.

Today, I was looking at the nearest Costco to the dealership and considering buying BFG 295x70x17 KO2 tires immediately upon delivery of my G, before I even leave town to head home. Anyone think that 5 265's won't fit in the back of a Grenadier? I'm thinking they would. I plan to sell them. I don't recall who, someone in the UK put on 295s and said that under normal road use, there was no rubbing. Of course, I'll have the lift springs in before going "wheeling".
Do you have the Eibach part numbers? Spring rate?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Spent the last week in France on holiday; the Grenadier took us there and back without incident. About a 1,000 mile around trip, so my Grenadier shows just under 12,300 miles on the odometer. Happy cruising at 81mph/130kph on the Autoroute, (agreed to phone satnav), not something I'd have contemplated in the LR110, as it would have been too masochistic.

Across the Channel via the tunnel, (my wife's a terrible sailor - gets seasick on a mill pond), in the high vehicle section, (at 2.03m, it is well over the 1.85m of the double deck cars), and the RHD to LHD headlight conversion was two bits of sticky tape on the headlights, as outlined in the Owners Manual.

Gren Hol2023 - 2.jpeg

Loading was our usual "chuck it all in the back" but no issues; plenty of space for three adults, their junk and a modest amount of beer/ wine/ fizzy mineral water/ 2x flavours of Orangina brought back to fill the home shelves for Christmas.

Gren Hol2023 - 1.jpeg
Arrived back at home rather relaxed to discover a full rail strike in progress. My son has to be back at work on Monday, (NHS medical secretary), so I've driven Melton Mowbray to Newcastle Upon Tyne and return today, 181 miles x 2 after 500 miles yesterday.

Conclusions:
Comfortable to drive, no aches and pains.
Great all-weather driving vehicle, except salt spray can make the front side windows quite opaque; I might experiment with wind deflectors for the driver's side window.
Fits our junk happily.
No reliability concerns; never had any worries about completing the journey, (don't ask my wife about the last LR110 journey to the same location - the last straw was having to push start the LR110 on the Channel tunnel car train as the starter solenoid failed on the evening of day one of the holiday. It's probably why there were no comments about me buying the Grenadier!)
The lights are good; with the RHD/LHD beam deflectors on, the driving lights fill in the gap in the beam, if you press the button.
Gren Hol2023 - 4.jpeg
The rear fog lights are brutal! Today's trip to Newcastle was in lousy weather, (sleet, snow, rain, wind, drizzle), but was never bad enough to turn on the fog guards, (not observed well by other motorists - too many had rear fogs on when the visability was too good to need them).
Gren Hol2023 - 3.jpeg
Think hard before you turn them on!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Spent the last week in France on holiday; the Grenadier took us there and back without incident. About a 1,000 mile around trip, so my Grenadier shows just under 12,300 miles on the odometer. Happy cruising at 81mph/130kph on the Autoroute, (agreed to phone satnav), not something I'd have contemplated in the LR110, as it would have been too masochistic.

Across the Channel via the tunnel, (my wife's a terrible sailor - gets seasick on a mill pond), in the high vehicle section, (at 2.03m, it is well over the 1.85m of the double deck cars), and the RHD to LHD headlight conversion was two bits of sticky tape on the headlights, as outlined in the Owners Manual.

View attachment 7834845

Loading was our usual "chuck it all in the back" but no issues; plenty of space for three adults, their junk and a modest amount of beer/ wine/ fizzy mineral water/ 2x flavours of Orangina brought back to fill the home shelves for Christmas.

View attachment 7834846
Arrived back at home rather relaxed to discover a full rail strike in progress. My son has to be back at work on Monday, (NHS medical secretary), so I've driven Melton Mowbray to Newcastle Upon Tyne and return today, 181 miles x 2 after 500 miles yesterday.

Conclusions:
Great all-weather driving vehicle, except salt spray can make the front side windows quite opaque; I might experiment with wind deflectors for the driver's side window.
Fits our junk happily.
No reliability concerns; never had any worries about completing the journey, (don't ask my wife about the last LR110 journey to the same location - the last straw was having to push start the LR110 on the Channel tunnel car train as the starter solenoid failed on the evening of day one of the holiday. It's probably why there were no comments about me buying the Grenadier!)
The lights are good; with the RHD/LHD beam deflectors on, the driving lights fill in the gap in the beam, if you press the button.
View attachment 7834843
The rear fog lights are brutal! Today's trip to Newcastle was in lousy weather, (sleet, snow, rain, wind, drizzle), but was never bad enough to turn on the fog guards, (not observed well by other motorists - too many had rear fogs on when the visability was too good to need them).
View attachment 7834844
Just curious about locking and the motion alarm on the short ferry crossing. Did you lock it with the remote?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7834845

View attachment 7834846

Conclusions:
Fits our junk happily.
View attachment 7834843
View attachment 7834844
Nice write up. I sure had to use my fogs for the first time on Saturday night driving back from a shoot. Was down to 25mph on the back roads. Not sure how people think main beam is going to help in thick fog! Had to have the wipers on as well. Still cannot work out why my aux lights button never engages on the first push, always second press unless turning it off and quickly on again.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Just curious about locking and the motion alarm on the short ferry crossing. Did you lock it with the remote?
Went on Le Shuttle, the Channel Tunnel, you stay with the vehicle for around 40 minutes end to end. No locking/alarming involved.

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7834845

View attachment 7834846

Conclusions:
Fits our junk happily.
View attachment 7834843
View attachment 7834844
Well done Jeremy, good to see the "Tigers" bag and the towing plate getting outings. Let us know if you find some wind deflectors that fit, I haven't found any yet.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Nice write up. I sure had to use my fogs for the first time on Saturday night driving back from a shoot. Was down to 25mph on the back roads. Not sure how people think main beam is going to help in thick fog! Had to have the wipers on as well. Still cannot work out why my aux lights button never engages on the first push, always second press unless turning it off and quickly on again.
I highly doubt NAS vehicles will have rear fogs as people here are idiots and would leave them on all the team.

But, where is the switch for the rear fogs? Is it on the stalk?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I highly doubt NAS vehicles will have rear fogs as people here are idiots and would leave them on all the team.

But, where is the switch for the rear fogs? Is it on the stalk?
yep, a push button on the left hand stalk. button is facing driver and a little over a half inch square-ish.

Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
LARRY.jpgTruly a utilitarian vehicle. All spruced up ready to ferry my niece to her wedding. She is marrying a Kenyan and just spent the last month over there exploring in Defenders, so she thought a Gren was the most appropriate choice for the task. At 50kg wringing wet, the bride did not test the payload limits and even with the more corpulent driver (yours truly) and my similarly dimensioned, father-of-the-bride sibling, no legal GVM boundaries were crossed. For those of you have yet to test your Grenadier for wedding-work, I can assure you it performed flawlessly. As an interesting aside, the car has created quite a few comments, usually either "what is that?", followed by "nice Defender" and even "nice Mercedes", but to my surprise one of the bridesmaids took one look and said "nice Ineos"!. Turns out her uncle is the dealer who supplied my vehicle in a city 1000km away from Sydney. Small world.

Back
Top Bottom